Someone said I'm bad at art, am I?

Someone said I'm bad at art, am I?This is a drawing I drew at school in 30min! :) Based off of a model.

• I'm very good at art
  • I'm awful
Do you think I should post more of my drawings?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not bad but there is room for improvement. I do manga art as a side job (small commissions and such.), but I studied a lot of realism to help with my proportions.

The main error here is anatomy. For example, her right arm is much too skinny. Wrists are usually the thinnest part of the arm and then the arm gets thicker from there. The way the arm is drawn here is very straight. Her right shoulder also seems "off" in a way. For one, I think it needs to be a bit thicker.

The way you drew the facial features is really nice, however, their alignment is off. I flipped the canvas to help see errors and drew the lines that the face followed here: (http://) prntscr. com/awfpim
    These lines should be nearly parallel, but there's quite a bit of variation. I also drew a line where the middle of the face should fall, considering the nose and forehead. The middle of the chin doesn't fall on this line, though. Everything should nearly line up.

The shape and bone definition on the head are very nice though. The head and body and proportionate to each other. You also got the hand right (hands are about the same size as the face).

There's still a lot of time for you to practice. I can see you becoming a pretty good artist if you keep working at it.

• Thank you so much! :) I reallly really really appreciate your help! :) I'll try to use this the next time I draw a person! :D I usually like to draw people and anime for most of the time! :D Thank you! :) by the way, does this information also go for anime characters? Or manga characters and such? :) Or is manga and anime different?

• Ahh, no problem! Manga and anime refer to the same art style. The difference is (in practice) that anime is used to refer to animated work, while manga is used to refer to Japanese comic books (and in some cases, drawings).

Knowing realistic anatomy helps with drawing anime and manga, but not everything is the same. For example, in realism, shoulders on females are two wide, and males have shoulders that are 2 - 2.5 heads wide. In manga style, on the other hand, shoulders are usually slightly thinner (by about.25 - .5 heads). Manga also exaggerates the human figure, usually making girls more skinny with longer, more exaggerated legs. Guys are drawn to be more muscular.
      Basic human anatomy still holds up though. For example, arms are proportionate to the torso, and humans are still 7-8 heads tall (in most styles. Some heavily exaggerate.) The underlying shapes of arms and legs also remain the same. Cloth's follow similar wrinkling structure and such.

• (Argh, character limit!)
      Art (especially in styles like anime or cartooning) is about finding a balance between following real world examples and creating a style that's unique and fun to create. If you need any other help, feel free to message me! Good luck and keep drawing!

What Guys Said 9

• You're very talented, and you're only 14. Very impressive!

• thats a good sketch. the fact that your fourteen means you're only going to get better. good luck young one.

• That is very good

• I think it's good... definitely better than what I can do

• That's impressive! 😤 You're great!!

• You're not awful, but every artist can use practice! Keep it up!

• you're neither of those poll options. I'd say above average. keep working at it.

• The 3 morons that voted "I'm awful" and the idiot that said you are bad need new eyeballs.

• Nice, and screw that someone.

What Girls Said 15

• Way better than I can ever do.
    You're only 14? I see so much potential in this work.
    Keep practicing.
    You're good now, but remember the sky is the limit, there's always room for improvement.

The opinion "bad" is subjective.
    It will be impossible for everyone to like the same thing.
    Don't take it to heart.
    Continue doing what you love <3

• Thank you Stacyzee! I started drawing people since I was 6! And I was encouraged because some people said I drew really good. After that I loved art! :)

• No problem :) You're pretty good.

• Whoever said you're bad at art is clearly just jealous. You're very talented!

• Thank you AzureGirl! :) These people think I'm bad at everything.

• High school definitely, I made a lot more wonderful memories there and there's a lot more choice on classes so you can take things you're more interested in as well as your general classes like math and English.

• I am very impressed and inclined to believe that the person who said that may have been envious of your talent!

• you're very good. whoever said that needs to go jump into a volcano. :)

• great sketch girly!! you got talent

• Vote C:

Art like beauty will forever be subjective.
    Some people will love your work. Others will hate it.
    Don't focus too much on personal opinion or let it discourage you.

Much future luck xo

• Wow, that's great!

• No that looks really good

• Ur good at it

• Very pretty and detailed

• Ah this looks awesome :D Screw the haters, you should get a DeviantArt or something. I'd love to see more from you! Never give up! ^-^

• My dream is to create a drawing that everybody knows! :)

• I'm definite you will achieve that dream as long as you continue to believe in yourself! Good luck~ c:

• She looks like JLo, this is amazing!

• I'm jealous lol

• Aw thanks Lexandra22! But don't be, because the rest of your brain is probably smarter! :)

• How is this bad?

• Id say you're good at art