What musical instrument do you play and what's the hardest piece you have attempted?

Most Helpful Girl

• I played viola for 10 years or so, and Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Thallis, composed by Vaughn Wiliams was definitely the hardest thing I've played. In high school we performed it with the city's symphony, which was an honor. It was difficult because it calls for two orchestras, so two conductors, and all the parts sound really different at times so it's hard to know if you're in sync with the other musical sections. It's one of those musical pieces for me that, if you get lost, good luck getting back on track again with the rest of the orchestra. When I first sightread it, I was like, "how am I ever gonna play this?" So it was very satisfying being able to perform Fantasia several months later. :)

What Girls Said 9

• My main instrument is flute, and the hardest piece I have attempted (and successfully performed) to date is Cécile Chaminade's Concertino op. 107 for flute (and piano or orchestra). It took me a year to master it, and I performed it for my final graded performance recital upon graduating university. My husband (boyfriend then) accompanied me on piano.

Here's the piece in question. This isn't me playing, but I like this rendition of it. It's damn near perfect.

https://youtu.be/mnHaKarUjY4

• I play the piano and as of now, the hardest piece I've ever played is the Variations of Paganini by Berkovich. When I get proficient enough, I want to play Etude de Virtuosite in E by Moszowski

• I play guitar, clarinet and flute. I used to be in the chamber orchestra at my university so it's not like any of the pieces we played were really easy.

• i used to play the clarinet and i don't remember the hardest piece i tried to play, i quit on it and joined choir because i didn't want to stop chewing gum in class (who knew that sugary gum ruins the clarinet rod :P )

• I play piano, organ, and flute. I find organ the hardest since it takes so much coordination. I would say some pieces by Bach and Duruflé have been the hardest. (The easiest have been Satie's Gymnopédies on flute, which are some of my favorites.)

• I'm only in a middle school band in a small school but I play flute and we are playing a March that was arranged by James swearington or something like that. It is really fun but hard to prepare for a concert that we are doing 4 other pieces in that are all difficult

• Sadly none :(

• I play guitar.

Hardest one for me was surprisingly Sweet Child O' Mine - GnR.

• Piano and all the pieces I learn become the hardest piece during the learning process.

What Guys Said 9

• Would it be impressive if I said that I can basically play this? 😏 Only thing is I don't have the double splash cymbal set-up (or a even full kit to play, at this moment in time... I moved recently), but otherwise I can basically play this note for note. The most difficult part is the "count" in some places, but that irons itself out after practice and repeated listens... 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-yDIOh6AmU

• My sister and I play theatre organ. The hardest piece I have attempted, and made a real hash of, is "Flight of the Bumble Bee", as a pedal solo. This is how it should be done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHZvMAJUN5g

• I play piano. I feel Liszt La Campanella from Paganini Etude No 3 is hard for me.
    Although I have not started to play it seriously.
    https://youtu.be/ZY_eIIFqNxg

• I've played Guitar for 7 years (on and off) and i tried to play Satch Boogie which lasted all of 30 minutes, the hardest one i've prob had a decent go at could be Free Bird upto and inc the 1st minute of the solo.

Although i am currently learnign 'The Trooper'

• I would say the keyboard

• drums for 14 years
    hardest song : Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer from Behemoth... i can't keep up with the drummer

• I play both guitar and drums.
    I *tried* La Villa Strangiato for drums, didn't even make it past the first 5 bars.
    Damn Peart really has everything down!

• I sing, and there's a whole host of difficult rock and metal songs I've tried, with varying rates of success. Beyond the Wheel by Soundgarden is one of those, but I can sing it perfectly now.

• piano.

3rd movement from moonlight sonata.