Need help to find an anime to watch?

I'm 13 and have never watched anime I like before, but I'm learning Japanese and want to find one I like, any suggestions?

(I like horror and comedy more then romance.)

Also, I need to be able to watch them on either YouTube or netflix

Most Helpful Guy

• In no particular order and I might add more later if I think of any. I don't know if you can watch all of these on Netflix or YouTube but you can definitely watch them on kissanime. Right now it's kissanime. to but sometimes the extention changes. Gogo anime isn't bad either.

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden are by far my favorites. Just make sure you have a filler list.

Steins;Gate, is phenomenal. It starts a little slow but it's relaxing and then things pick up and you will want to put a knife through your heart at one point because it's so emotionally intense. This is probably my favorite after Naruto and maybe tied with code geass

Tokyo Ghoul, if you haven't read the manga. You might still enjoy it but compared to the manga they leave a lot of good stuff out. It's kind of violent though so be warned.

Full metal alchemist brotherhood, it has to be brotherhood because it follows the source material and it's newer

Attack on titan, my first anime that had such impression on me, that I learned Japanese just to watch anime and read manga despite spending very little time watching anime or reading manga. This anime also has a nearly flawless sound track.

Code geass, has a somewhat similar vibe to death note and has an incredible ending and is good throughout. There is about 5 seconds of stuff you shouldn't see as a 13 year and several minutes of stuff that is OK but you may be uncomfortable so maybe skip it

Sword art online, the first I think 14 episode are incredible and I highly recommend watching this

Parasyte, is also a pretty decent one to look at sooner than later

Magi, is also great I give it two thumbs up there are some brief moments you probably shouldn't see so you may want to skip this one.

Death note, is quite popular. It's good but you may be disappointed with the ending.

Guilty crown, has an amazing soundtrack. I don't remember too much I reccomend it when you have a chance.

Nagi no asukara, I usually never watch this genre but I found that I quite enjoyed it. It's animation and art is mind blowing. I reccomend this somewhat highly.

You should NOT watch monster. Some people reccomend it and it sounds interesting but absolutely nothing happens and sometimes you don't even see the main character for several episodes at a time and it's not even filler. And it's ending is so bad you will wonder why they even made the anime in the first place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Horror... High School of the Dead is the scariest anime I've watched.

What Guys Said 4

• Ranma 1/2, naruto, bleach, ben-to (cheesy, but its hilarious watching people beat the crap out of each other for discounted bento lunches) air gear, freezing, gantz etc..

• if you like horror you should check out Hellsing Ultimate it is freaking awesome

• Naruto one pice and bleach are the big ones right now
    One punch man is really good
    Cowboy bebop
    My hero acadamy just started thats good
    Uhh I don't know lol there are a lot i can't think of off the top of my head

• Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop are among my top picks for newbies.

What Girls Said 6

• Horror recommendations:
    Another
    Shiki
    PMMM
    School-LIVE
    Parasyte

Comedy:
    Ouran High School Host Club
    My Neighbor Seki
    Bobobo-Bobo-Bobo (stupid but funny)

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Is a good one. I think thats what it was called.

I dont like anime, but that one was good. Its a romance, but the other aspects are well done also.

• netflix, you should watch attack on titan. it's horror/thriller

• For horror, I highly recommend Hell Girl or Jigoku Shoujo and Pet Shop of Horrors
    For comedy, maybe Alice Academy

• You could watch Full metal alchemist brotherhood (my favorite anime), Shiki (horror, supernatural), Another (horror, mystery), High school of the dead (horror, action) or Samurai champloo (action, comedy)

• Wow, people on this site actually like anime.