Honest opinion please.. Am I an alright singer?

I realize my breathing techniques are horrible and my voice is a little shakey. I need singing lessons but for someone just starting out does my voice sound okay? If I'm a totally lost cause please just tell me now so I can move on lol

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1aWrahWRlWL

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm gonna be lazy and copy/paste something I wrote in another person's question. It's not specifically for your situation (you need breathing exercises more than anything) but it may help.

"Your voice probably just isn't that strong yet. Of course, you'll always have limits to your voice, but with practice you can increase and strengthen your upper range somewhat. When I started singing, I could go from a F2 to a weak G#4, while today I can hit an strong F5 with some effort.

Warming up adequately helps - scales, octave slides, whatever you usually do. If you're going to be doing demanding stuff in your upper register, you should warm up at least 30-45 minutes beforehand. When you sing, engage your diaphragm and carry the tone up from your chest and place it into your head, not letting it get caught in the throat.

There's honestly a lot more I could say, but I'm trying to keep things in basic terms and not write a whole essay, lol. If you aren't already, I recommend finding a vocal coach who can better help you - you won't make nearly as much progress without someone more experienced pointing out areas you could work on. Even if it's just a few lessons to identify your voice type and review the fundamentals of singing, it's worth it." Your voice probably just isn't that strong yet. Of course, you'll always have limits to your voice, but with practice you can increase and strengthen your upper range somewhat. When I started singing, I could go from a F2 to a weak G#4, while today I can hit an strong F5 with some effort.

There's honestly a lot more I could say, but I'm trying to keep things in basic terms and not write a whole essay, lol. If you aren't already, I recommend finding a vocal coach who can better help you - you won't make nearly as much progress without someone more experienced pointing out areas you could work on. Even if it's just a few lessons to identify your voice type and review the fundamentals of singing, it's worth it.

• Dammit, copied it twice. 😑 Just look for the end quotes.

• Thanks for MH. Sorry it was formatted badly/posted twice in a row, but stupid GaG won't add an "edit" function.

What Guys Said 9

• Your voice sounds pretty smoothe. What I mostly hear, same as with you, is that people are very shy to the microphone.
    You probably can't sing out loud because of possible other people in the house, but you should really try.

If you have some music with it, it can always sound better, with all the other sounds/acoustics of the instruments supporting your voice

• I'm impressed :P
    I mean you've potential just work on it
    Most people have good voice and working on it can show good results 💁

• Pretty good, need to work on keeping breaths so you dont have to breath in so often, also singing a song that you feel passionate about helps, makes you put emotion into the words. I think youd do great with my funny valentine with a little practice

• your voice and singing skills are pretty good.

• good. Hit up that karaoke circuit.

• hahahhaah thanks for the laugh :DDDD

• Meh...

• You had a few off notes and your tempo isn't very steady. It sounded like you're afraid of using your range and projecting. But yeah you sound like someone making progress. Definitely not a loss cause.

• No you're good for a beginner and definitely have lots of potential. Just careful not to change keys at the wrong time

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, you're alright, not tone deaf or anything

• I don't know what to say :|

• Yeah, you're alright