Who's bigger Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson?

So the other night I was talking to my parents about how I thought MJ and Elvis were the biggest solo artists in music ever but they seem to think Elvis was bigger then MJ. What do you think? ( I think they may be bias towards white people)

Most Helpful Guy

• Bias my arse... It's a generational preference nothing more. There is no honest answer to this at all. It is bias from the asking of it. Ask your generation this and it will be MJ by a land slide. Ask people you parents age and you guessed it it would most likely be Elvis.

What Girls Said 15

• To me it's Michael Jackson and always will be, I grew up with his music in my house all the time, my mum was a fan, my uncle was a fan and yes that made me a fan from a young age too.

While members of my family likes Elvis and yes American Trilogy was always played at family parties once the world and his mother were drunk enough they thought they were as good as if not better Elvis impersonators than Elvis himself had been but his music wasn't prominent in my life the way Michael was (and still is) maybe this is because Elvis was dead long before I was born and his music wasn't everywhere when I was 2/3 years old like Michael's was when I discovered a love of music that has stayed with me ever since.

This is just my opinion and I'm sure there will be others who would argue Elvis was the bigger artist but to me Michael Jackson had it all - singing, dancing and the ability to captivate and entertain an audience. He had his issues and made some strange decisions but does any of that take away his incredible talent and change the fact I grew up watching him and loving him and his music? Of course not, his death was a great loss to the world of music, entertainment and show business but more importantly to his 3 children but his music will live on through his kids, his family and his fans!

• I think MJ might hold more popular today because his music is a little more current and just simply doesn't sound as outdated, but Elvis for his day was huge, no? Maybe it's because they grew up with Elvis and parents who loved Elvis, and because he was one of the first of his kind (solo acts that gained that much fame).

• I think most people would no Michael Jackson more

• michael jackson is more famous, even rural villagers know michael jackson's music. he's the definition of ultimate celebrity. everyone recognizes him whereas i've never heard even 1 (one) elvis presley song in my life

• @Ibokan18 You're gonna be like " is that even a question, Elvis of course... DUH! " 😂😂

• MJ ❤️❤️

• Mike was way bigger, Elvis stole his fame. I don't respect that!

• That would be Michael Jackson

• MJ was way bigger than Elvis and in my opinion still is

• Michael was bigger... WAYYY bigger.

• In my opinion id say Michael Jackson.

• Micheal Jackson!!!

• Michael Jackson. He wins the epic rap battle so he's bigger than Elvis.😄

• Meh, I don't like any of them.

• Michael Jackson

What Guys Said 17

• i'd say michael jackson for the simple fact that he was a superstar the world over crossing all races, whereas for the most part Elvis was only popular with white people

that isn't to say that elvis isn't absolutely famous but i imagine in terms of fans (and definitely based on the number of albums sales) michael jackson was "bigger"

• Elvis Presley

• Elvis ain't called "the King" for nothin'. It's got nothing to do with MJ's race, Elvis just made better music by a long shot and influenced more artists. As a related aside, when Elvis was just beginning to get played on the radio, people thought he was black because of his voice.

• They are your parents, and they are older. And if your grandparents are still around, ask them too. The impact of Elvis on the 1950's was just phenomenal, and MJ may have been "The King of Pop", but Elvis was "The King". Period.

• And heck, as for black musicians, some of us think Little Richard paved the way for MJ.

• Two different kings of two different music genres.

• Know your parents are just old their bias towards an older generation

• Elvis was bigger, but that was because of his penchant for cheeseburgers. Michael was of a slighter build...

• Elvis the first and only King. Jackson just gave the title to himself.

• Who the fuck is Elvis.

Michael Jackson all the way.

I don't even know one Elvis song.

Michael music transcend rock and pop.
    From dirty Diana, to rock with u

• Elvis is technically a bigger deal.

He did start the whole scha-bang, y'know

• michael jackson is.

• Michael Jackson all day

• I'm gonna go ahead and say the Beatles were bigger than MJ and Elvis.

• Of course it's Elvis.

Elvis is a well known name and will be for years to come. He has much more gold records and awards then Jackson will ever have; and Elvis was named the king by the press while Jackson self-proclaimed himself a king lmfao

• Definitely Elvis... ya should've had a poll about it...

• michael jetson

• Elvis

• The population of the United States and the population of the entire world much bigger during Michael Jackson's time then that of Elvis. So as far as record sales and popularity Jackson has it way over L. Most of the worlds population did not even have television sets when Elvis arrived on the scene. However in 100 years Michael Jackson will be but a foot note in music history while Elvis will be credited as one of the pioneers of rock 'n roll.