What is one nerdy thing about you?

show or tell us one nerdy thing about you.

(no video games please. not nerdy in my opinion.)

I'll go first. I was introduced to Magic The Gathering at 14 years old and started playing. I still enjoy it to this day.

What is one nerdy thing about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• just one? oh god, i could write a book on the subject, but i'll just share a few.

my friends and i still play tabletop rpgs~ our most recent campaign was d&d, but our longest one was an aberrant campaign that ran for nearly a year. if not for a death in our cast (irl), it'd probably still be going.

also star wars, harry potter, and musicals. that, and i have enough books to fill a small library.

while you said "no video games", i do write fan-fiction based on some of my favourite rpgs. does that count? lol.

-von

• aha good ol days.. in 5th and 6th grade we had a d&d group and would rotate sleeping over at each other's houses.. 6 of us. i still have my players handbook. i remmeber making character sheets on the apple II

at this play i play magic at there's usually a few D&D players there... i listen to the DM speak while i build my deck. it wouldn't appeal to me anymore lol.. i'd be a stat whore. not really into stories.

i liked those d&d choose your own adventure books. i dunno what fan fiction is

• very nice! i recently rediscovered magic: the gathering at a friend's place, and it was definitely a blast from the past. i hadn't played since the third grade, so i had to relearn the rules, but i still enjoy it.

i'd love to be a dm someday~ as a writer, i enjoy storytelling and character development, but it would be a lot of work.

as for fan-fiction, it means that you use characters/worlds etc. that already exist in the game's universe (for example, i'm working on a fallout 4-based one at the moment), but some events and relationships between characters, among other things, can be your own. i don't do it often, but it's a fun, fluffy pastime that will undoubtedly be my escape from schoolwork, come September. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• What is this shit with everyone talking about how 'nerdy' they are these days? If you put on some ugly plastic-rimmed glasses, 'like' something on a pop-science FB page, and watch some crappy shounen anime, it's as if you're suddenly part of a wondrous, hip subculture that sets you apart from the drooling monkeys around you.

I have to be around actual nerds at school. They don't have to give themselves that label, nor do they probably want it; they get it by being socially retarded, smelling like ass, and being smarter than most of the population, at least in their areas of interest. All semblance of normal human function goes down the drain in the name of their pursuits.

So yeah, I don't see how that's a badge of honor, or something to aspire to. The worst part for me is that both the ass-stench nerds and the "ohmigawsh gaiz I watch Star Wars" varieties always want to chat me up, and neither are easy to shut up when they get started.

What Girls Said 18

• I watch anime and read manga, most people consider that pretty nerdy. Hearthstone is fun too, not sure whether you would consider that a video game.

• I can think of two things.

I'm a gigantic Pokemon fan still.

And I'm a huge fan of faerie lore.

• I have a huge marvel and DC comic book collection and I'm a big anime fanatic!

• ... do you favour Marvel over DC?

• @Shaft50 yes.

they aren't worth shit. i collected during the boom. peaked on superman's "death". only notables i have is wolverine 1-4 mini series. but compared to the non graded ones w/ yellow pages on ebay...

not worth the hassle. rather let a kid enjoy them.

• Superman's death and the rise of the other 'supers'? Awesome...

• ANIME! <3

• I like reading comic, goosebumps, mythicals fables etc

I also enjoy collecting shells, stones and antiques.

• Oh I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh & Pokemon cards when I was younger. I think I have well over 1000.. I've quit that hobby a while ago though 😛

• i see korean ugh yay ♥ ahah sorry... well neardy in the way you mean it... i love asia so much lol ├únd the nerdy part of it manga addict and anime addict~~ (and of course i love video games :p )

• The about me part on my profile speaks for itself. :D

• Im into Star Wars and some comic books

• I'm not sure if this will count as nerdy but I've always enjoyed the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson. I love Calvin's active imagination and his friendship with his tiger Hobbes. I always laugh at these two no matter how many times I read their books :)

• ANIME! <3

• read fantasy books a lot nd learn the lore and history of them

• I like Buffy and Star Trek.

• Anime, manga and comics

• I like wearing overalls once in awhile 😍 🤓

• I go to the chool that is marked as the nerd school, so yeah, that's what nerdy about me

• I nerd out on Coffee/ coffee making, and running techniques :)

• I'm a massive fan of Joss Whedon, especially the Buffyverse

What Guys Said 12

• I grew up on marvel comics
    I love star wars
    Grew up building computers with my dad

• like building and repairing computers. they are just nuts and bolts just like everything else. but programing i can not do

• Huge retro gamer. Studied video game history a lot as a kid and while I still have the current gen stuff, my tastes are still retro so most of the time I pick up indies and shit off the digital stores since that's where a lot of those new "old" games end up. I could tell you anything you wanted to know. This is also probably why I'm single... but fortunately nobody here knows me or what I look like.

• I have been a big anime and manga fan since I was around 10 or 11, back when it was underground. I also played Magic the Gathering back then. I still have my cards and occasionally play.

• I collect anything with the Michelin man on it

• Ask me any question about Star Trek and I can answer it, I know Star Trek like the back of my own hand.

• *still secretly watches some pokemon episodes that were aired 7 years ago ; - ; *

• Doctor Who. Yay!

• i sometimes watch the kids shows i grew up with. i dont know why, i just like them.

• I love star wars, probably more than I should &
    I'm a professional web/graphic designer, lol.

• i watch anime
    read commics
    and collect books

• Anime