Just finished re-watching Titanic (2007 movie) ;_; Did u cry too xD? What was the saddest part to u?

also, does anyone know how this kind of evacuation would go in the modern day, like would it still be women and children first in a disaster or is it "each man for themselves"? Is the captain really expected to go down with his ship? Was that a real thing or just folklore?

• i cried
  • i did not cry
  • i have not seen the movie Titanic
Wow. Totally meant the 1997***************** movie ^o^; heh

This one!

tamils.tv/.../Titanic-1997.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• I did not cry but I was relatively young when watching it and have never really been into romance movies. As for the birkenhead drill (women and children first) I would say it was quite common to prioritize women and children first through out all of history and it wouldn't suddenly change now. They may not call for the drill but the outcome would still be the same ie women and children being saved first. As for the captain going down with the ship it was not literally him going down with the ship but a sentiment stating that essentially since he was responsible for all on the ship it was his duty to ensure their safety even if it required him to "go down with the ship" in order to full fill said duty.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 11 and it was one of the first romantic movies I ever watched. It really touched me. It still does whenever I watch it. The saddest part was when Rose gets rescued and the guy asks her her name, to which she replies Rose Dawson. I thought that symbolised so much. her love for Jack, starting over, getting away from her mother, her promise that when the ship docks, she's walking out with him. In the end it also cuts to all the photos that show how fulfilling Rose's life had been and how many adventures she's had. All because she met a guy for 3 days when she was 17. The movie is so much more than a love story in my opinion.

What Guys Said 25

• The movie was re-released in 2007 I think, but it didn't come out in 2007.

I didn't cry. Some movies have made me cry, this one didn't. Besides, she let him drown. There was more than enough room for him on that board.

In today's world, the Captain had better hope he goes down with the ship, because if he doesn't, he will be in jail the rest of his life, because he would be held legally responsible for the deaths. Still, it is maritime tradition that the captain and crew may not evacuate until passengers are safe.

But with some 3,000 people, the Titanic only had 20 emergency life boats, because that was the minimum allowed by law. Not only are lifeboats more sophisticated now and could likely hold more people, but in today's age, no ship could launch without having lifeboats available to save MORE than the 3,000 person limit on the ship. Even if law didn't require it, there would still be enough lifeboats just to make insurance companies happy.

• I would actually think the ending of Terminator 2 is much more sadder than Titanic, to be frank, but that is just me. And both movies were directed and created by the same person.

"I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do."

To have someone or something that will always remain loyal to you and die to protect you, as that is something that is very hard to come by, and you would become attached to them emotionally forever, especially if they have to go and move on from the world of the living. A loss that is unavoidable. A debt that cannot be repaid.

• This was the saddest part...
    s2.quickmeme.com/.../...8874ed68ce7355eba50cca.jpg
    Women smh.

• I've never seen the 2007 version.

"does anyone know how this kind of evacuation would go in the modern day, like would it still be women and children first in a disaster "

Lol I feel like it would be every man for themselves. One of the number one thing guys complain about nowadays, is feminism and the mentality of how guys were seen as disposable and how they were expected to sacrifice themselves for women. I can't imagine that many guys would willingly sacrifice their lives for women on a sinking ship, especially if they are not related or in love with them. If the guy is single, its unlikely he will easily accept being eaten by sharks or drowning just because he's a man.

• I saw it in a moral and religion class in my school back in 5th grade, but I don't remember a single frame from it back then. I just know the cover and that it has DiCaprio.. that's all.

It would probably still be the same type of evacuation yeah. But the captain doesn't have to go down, it's just that if there is no captain, then the boat belongs to nobody and anyone can claim it, but if it's going down, I think it's ok to leave it. Usually the last one to leave.

• Nope I don't really cry unless something has immense personal meaning to me and even then it takes quite a bit, I'm just not a crier in general. The ending was defiantly sad though and it did touch me but that's about it.

• Kids women men and lastly feminists. If you see them drowning throw them a brick or 3

• I hated the titanic , but other movies made me cry , message in a bottle made me cry more than usual also patch Adams

• that movie has had so many parody's its hard not to laugh thinking about them and i don't think i could make it all the way threw too long

• I would send you one, but I'm guessing you would have an hard time understanding Rome's dialect :D

• i never watched the whole movie. it was like mehh to me

• no.

last movie i had tears in was Brooklyn.

• No, I did not. I rarely get so attached to characters.

• No, I never have cried when I watched this movie!

• Women and children first. Captain leaves the ship last of all. Those were the rules 100 years ago.

• Kind of predictable... Boat sinks; people die.

• I laughed through most of this movie. It's still a source of comedic pleasure.

• I don't think I've ever cried during a film.

• stupid browser... didn't mean to vote. but since i i selected the wrong option, no, i didn't cry.

• Movies don't make me cry. lol They are not real.

• i didn't cry

• Nope But watch "like stars on earth" you will cry till the end of movie

• i don't remember

• Sure.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• I cried, not because of the love story that historically could have never happened. I read the book called "A Night to Remember" which is pretty historically accurate, so I knew some of the stories of the real people and how hard it must have been to say goodbye forever. The music was another thing that got to me as well, so hauntingly romantic, it was meant to have that effect on listeners and viewers alike. Even though it wasn't 100% historically accurate, I liked the move for its glimpses into the sinking of the Titanic.

I cried when we went to see the Titanic Exhibit, the whole story is just so sad. It wasn't just one family who was affected by this tragic event, but hundreds up and down the socio-economic strata. The common man died right alongside the well to do, it just didn't matter who they were. There were rich widows right alongside poor ones.

Being newly married within this last year I would have to say I'd rather die together, like couples such as the Strouses, than spend the rest of my life apart from the love of my life.

• me and that one guy in ur poll need to get together and watch titanic. I've never seen it.
    hit me up darling! ;) 😂

• I can never get over the horrendous writing in that movie. And there was room on the wood selfish chick. THERE WAS ROOM!!!

• I split up with a girlfriend a day before we were due to watch Titantic, promised myself I'd never watch it as a consequence, we are now good friends but I jokingly admit I will never watch it. Kinda feel I've made the right decision lol

• I didn't even cry watching it for the first time..

And there was actually a big scandal in 2012 when the Costa Concordia capsized and sank and the captain turned out to be one of the first people to have left the ship lol what a wimp.
    I don't think they made any differences in terms of gender but they might have evacuated children and old people first.

• The Boy in the Striped Pajamas made me cry. If the Titanic happened today, not sure if the women and children first would still be the idea. But I think making sure to have enough lifeboats would've been a priority and a lot more people would've survived.

• No because I use to watch all the time!

• I have never cried while watching Titanic.

• Yes, I did. I didn't watch Titanic until I was 21 for whatever reason, and it far exceeded my expectations. It was just a beautiful movie to me, and I didn't even notice how long it was

• I cried the first time and every time after.

• I've seen that movie too many times to be sad about it anymore. My Heart Will Go On is now one of my favorite songs.

• i watched it too many times, im desensitized to it

• I cry every time I watch Titanic, it's actually my favorite show lol. I love the very last scene when Rose and Jack are reunited. He waited for her all that time (tears) lol