Those of you born approximately 1985, what band/song reminds you of growing up?

i was born in 1985, that makes me 31 this year. holy fuck im an old man!

anyway, i have some awesome memories of when i was 13-18 skate boarding in the town centre. Back then the most popular band was blink 182 and greenday, and as much as i loved their stuff I was really into dead kennedys, cky, anti flag and left over crack. Secretly i also loved things like tears for fears and david bowie as my mum listened to it lol.

all these bands really epitomise my teenage years, and i have so much nostalgia listening to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Third Eye Blind - I remember I loved their first album so much. I got it when it first came out and listened to it repeatedly for the longest time!

Foo Fighters - The Color and the Shape is hands down my favorite Foo Fighters album ever! Got it when it first came out too and listened to it repeatedly as well!

• Omg I love that album. Definitely the best Foo Fighter album in my opinion. Wasting Light was pretty good though

• @dangerDoge The last Foo Fighters album I bought was There is Nothing Left to Lose... The one that the song Learn to Fly was from. After that, I couldn't get into their newer stuff, tbh.. And I don't know why. But yes, I loved The Color and The Shape, and Monkey Wrench is my favorite Foo Fighters song of all time!!

• I wasn't a huge fan of Sonic Highways (their recent album), but Wasting Light had some nice tunes like Rope.
      I think Everlong is my personal favorite, but Monkey Wrench is also amazing!

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it's Black Sabath, Blink 182, Less than Jake, Nirvana, Guns and Roses, New Kids on th Block (I was little and Hanging Tough was my jam)

What Girls Said 2

• nsync no strings attached album :D

• There are many songs but none remind more of my childhood than the Britney Spears songs from the early 00s. Particularly Oops! I did it again

• Was that in your potty training period?

• @zagor nah... Pre-teen... 😏

What Guys Said 15

• Blink 182, Effel 65, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Britney Spears, Shania Twain, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, 98 degrees, Good Charlotte, Brad Paisley

• "Part of your world" from the little mermaid? I listened to this when I was a snotty brat.

Then it was spice girls?

• That was a cool year to me , I was already driving and got to see "Back to the Future "in the movie theater plus all the video arcade rooms were full of the classics , great music too during the early 80s too

• Bon Jovi
    Queen
    AC/DC
    Linkin park
    Papa roach

I listened to 70's 80's bands more than anything "our" age when i was growing up.

• What reminds me of growing up is Oasis (my favorite while growing up) and dido which was my mothers favorite.

p. s. I'm 1988, profile is a year off. When people ask me my age I always stumble. Takes me a second to remember... the signs of age. ha.

• Red hot chili peppers, Metallica, Aerosmirh, Nirvana

• The Kids Aren't Alright - Offspring
    Waving Flag - K'Naan (World Cup mix)
    Welcome to Jamrock - Damian Marley
    Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
    Hey Ya - Outkast
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    Anything by Eminem

• The macarena, Who let the dogs out, Mambo No. 5, Pretty fly for a white guy, Sugar ray- Every morning and fly, Sooth Criminal- Alien Ant Farm

• Look at all those one hit wonders.

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch... Eiffel 65 - Blue. lol.

• I was born in 90 and love blink lol

• Depeche Mode- Enjoy the Silence

• 1987 -

Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Metallica, Green Day

Then later...

Limp Bizkit, Korn, Marilyn Manson

Even Li'l Wayne and also Eminem

• I'll speak for a friend of mine, he said it's Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Dude i was born in 1999 and listen to the same stuff. I always have and probably always will

• Everyone trying to pretend their taste in music was way cooler than it actually was. James - Sit Down for me

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more