Those of you born approximately 1985, what band/song reminds you of growing up?

i was born in 1985, that makes me 31 this year. holy fuck im an old man!

anyway, i have some awesome memories of when i was 13-18 skate boarding in the town centre. Back then the most popular band was blink 182 and greenday, and as much as i loved their stuff I was really into dead kennedys, cky, anti flag and left over crack. Secretly i also loved things like tears for fears and david bowie as my mum listened to it lol.

all these bands really epitomise my teenage years, and i have so much nostalgia listening to them.

0|0
3|16

Most Helpful Girl

• Third Eye Blind - I remember I loved their first album so much. I got it when it first came out and listened to it repeatedly for the longest time!

Foo Fighters - The Color and the Shape is hands down my favorite Foo Fighters album ever! Got it when it first came out too and listened to it repeatedly as well!

0|0
    0|0
    • Omg I love that album. Definitely the best Foo Fighter album in my opinion. Wasting Light was pretty good though

• @dangerDoge The last Foo Fighters album I bought was There is Nothing Left to Lose... The one that the song Learn to Fly was from. After that, I couldn't get into their newer stuff, tbh.. And I don't know why. But yes, I loved The Color and The Shape, and Monkey Wrench is my favorite Foo Fighters song of all time!!

• I wasn't a huge fan of Sonic Highways (their recent album), but Wasting Light had some nice tunes like Rope.
      I think Everlong is my personal favorite, but Monkey Wrench is also amazing!

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it's Black Sabath, Blink 182, Less than Jake, Nirvana, Guns and Roses, New Kids on th Block (I was little and Hanging Tough was my jam)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• nsync no strings attached album :D

0|1
    0|0
  • There are many songs but none remind more of my childhood than the Britney Spears songs from the early 00s. Particularly Oops! I did it again

0|0
    0|0
    • Was that in your potty training period?

• @zagor nah... Pre-teen... 😏

What Guys Said 15

• Blink 182, Effel 65, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Britney Spears, Shania Twain, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, 98 degrees, Good Charlotte, Brad Paisley

0|0
    0|0
  • "Part of your world" from the little mermaid? I listened to this when I was a snotty brat.

Then it was spice girls?

0|0
    0|0
  • That was a cool year to me , I was already driving and got to see "Back to the Future "in the movie theater plus all the video arcade rooms were full of the classics , great music too during the early 80s too

0|1
    0|0
  • Bon Jovi
    Queen
    AC/DC
    Linkin park
    Papa roach

I listened to 70's 80's bands more than anything "our" age when i was growing up.

0|0
    0|0
  • What reminds me of growing up is Oasis (my favorite while growing up) and dido which was my mothers favorite.

p. s. I'm 1988, profile is a year off. When people ask me my age I always stumble. Takes me a second to remember... the signs of age. ha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Red hot chili peppers, Metallica, Aerosmirh, Nirvana

0|0
    0|0
  • The Kids Aren't Alright - Offspring
    Waving Flag - K'Naan (World Cup mix)
    Welcome to Jamrock - Damian Marley
    Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
    Hey Ya - Outkast
    Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
    Anything by Eminem

0|0
    0|0
  • The macarena, Who let the dogs out, Mambo No. 5, Pretty fly for a white guy, Sugar ray- Every morning and fly, Sooth Criminal- Alien Ant Farm

0|0
    0|0
    • Look at all those one hit wonders.

Bloodhound Gang - The Bad Touch... Eiffel 65 - Blue. lol.

• I was born in 90 and love blink lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Depeche Mode- Enjoy the Silence

0|0
    0|0
  • 1987 -

Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Metallica, Green Day

Then later...

Limp Bizkit, Korn, Marilyn Manson

Even Li'l Wayne and also Eminem

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll speak for a friend of mine, he said it's Red Hot Chili Peppers.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude i was born in 1999 and listen to the same stuff. I always have and probably always will

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone trying to pretend their taste in music was way cooler than it actually was. James - Sit Down for me

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more