What are some really good movies?

I have some free time now and I was just wondering what some really good movies are?
I'm not into the chick flick or make you cry movies. I'm more into the action adventure or comedy with some romance.

Oh I forgot to list that I don't like horror movies

Most Helpful Guy

• avengers and the dark knight, as well as the x-men series.

Most Helpful Girl

• Up
    Definitely adventure and has some comedy and action
    Only a little romance in the beginning when Carl meets Ellie

What Guys Said 5

• Being There; King of Hearts; Harold and Maude; Papillon; Sling Blade; Young Frankenstein; Momty Python and the Holy Grail...

• Apocalypse Now is still the most intense movie I've seen and is considered one of the greatest of all time. Another is North by Northwest, Notorious, Rear Window all by Alfred Hitchcock

• List of personal favourites according to category :

-Quentin Tarantino's better films: Pulp Fiction (1994), Resevoir Dogs (1992), Jackie Brown (1997), Kill Bill (2003 and 2004 for each volume), Inglorius Basterds (2009), Django Unchained (2012). These films are mentioned because they blend action and a sort of twisted humor, while keeping a very interesting plot all the way through.

Sort of the same rush as an Action Adventure :
    -Now You See me (2013) - This is a MUST-SEE if you haven't seen it yet. Fast paced, clever, always keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Action Adventure:
    -Epic (2013)

-Strange Magic (2015)

-Jungle Book (2016, great in Imax)

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988, while dated and blending Cartoon with Live-action, it really makes for a magnificent action-adventure)

-iNumber Number (2013 South African film, really interesting, quite crude but really well put together. Worth Noting you'll need to watch with Subtitles to understand all the localised Slang though)

-Catch Me If You Can (2002)

-Source Code (2011)

Comedy and/or Romantic Comedy with description)

-Ronal The Barbarian (2011 - NSFW - rude and crude, but great for young adult)

-Anchorman 1 and/or 2(Only watch for Brick Tamland (Steve Carrel's character)

-Van Wilder (2002) (Seen as over sexual, but actually really good comedy with romance)

-Hot Fuzz (2007) (Action Comedy)

-The Wolf Of Wall Street (2013)(Mostly comedy, very NSFW. Long but rewarding)

-The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (Strangely Feel-good, 2013, comedy)

-American Pie 1-3, Reunion. (These ones are crude comedy with romance, the others are just about sex and are worse than a waste of time)

-Wanderlust (2012, Strange humor but oddly satisfying if you like it)

Recommendations/other :

-If you're willing to give just 1 anime a try, I can tell you that you won't regret One Punch Man at all.

-If you decide to go for a series, Breaking Bad is a brilliant combination of action and thrills, with some comedy, romance and brilliant mind-boggling scenes.

These are just personal favourites and enjoyable ones I've dealt with in film school. Let me know if you want more options, I have hundreds of these and I know plenty more.

Hope this helps :)

• Die hard, avatar, Bourne, swat, rush hour, the matrix, shawshank redemption,

• Those are some good choices LOL all I came up with was Up but I've seen the majority of those movies before

• Avatar as in blue one right?
      Cause the Avatar the Last Airbender movie was pretty bad compared to the animated series

• @teatea111 yeah the blue one ( James Cameron)

• Tucker and Dale vs Evil if you want a good laugh.

What Girls Said 2

• Gods of Egypt is a good movie indeed! You won't regret watching it. You know, my husband and I watch a movie per day. It's a kind of ritual:) We are looking for new interesting movies on a website. This online cinema offers an unbiased rating for each movie.

• Any Tarantino movie, as long as you can stand violence and language