So what is your fav guys comics, movies and such for comic related things

Marvel?
DC?
or another one?

• MarvelMarvel, DC or other ?
  • DC Marvel, DC or other ?
  • Other ( feel free to input in comments) Marvel, DC or other ?

Most Helpful Girl

• DC because I love Batman!

Most Helpful Guy

• Image comics is #1 it's not even a competition in my mind, Image has the greatest comic of all time SAGA... it also has the walking dead, transcender, southern bastards, nailbiter, revival and the manhattan projects these are all recent comics still going and they're all fucking amazing image puts out less comics but much better quality I didn't even include their god-tier back catalogue and hardly any capeshit it's down to earth stories and refreshing storylines instead of this rinse and repeat superhero shit.

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 5

• I'm an Image and DC guy. I bet most people will say Marvel not because they're comic book fans but because of their success in live action movies since Disney bought them out. The ones who do say Marvel who are comic book fans I respect. They have a lot of great stuff. I love X-Men related comics more than the mainstream superhero stuff they've got going on.

I've been wicked getting into Vertigo comics which is owned by DC. Preacher, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Lucifer, Sandman, etc. are all amazing. Directly from DC I love Justice League in different iterations, Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and many of the spin-offs, Suicide Squad, etc.. There's just a lot of great things that they've got going on. What I prefer about DC over Marvel is the fact that DC is generally less grounded in reality. It is incredibly weird and cosmic outside of Batman related things. Even if they're dark they're about inspiring humanity with these heroic icons that we should aspire to be. We want to be better and emulate these god like superheroes in some cases. Marvel has a more cynical approach to humanity and is more grounded for the most part. It can get cosmic with Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc. The characters have very human like problems that make it easier to identify with for the general movie going audiences.

The problem with recent DC live action movies is the fact that they're trying to tap into what makes Marvel successful in movies which is a HUGE mistake. That's not what they are and they shouldn't pretend to be something that their characters aren't. Most of their characters aren't human so they aren't about having human like vulnerabilities. BvS was an example of this. That tone is not DC as I know it. Stressed out and depressed Superman? Really Warner Bros? Brian Goyer has got to go as a writer. Superman is the ALIEN that Justice League members go to in order to know what the morally correct course of action is. He's the dad of the Justice League. An alien teaching humanity to be hopeful and what we should aspire to. He fights for us even though he has no reason to. He does it because he can see what we COULD be instead of how we are now. That's beautiful to me. That isn't the Superman being portrayed on the big screen though which is a shame! Maybe hope and kindness is too corny or not badass enough for people I don't know.

They say DC creates icons and Marvel creates heroes. I kind of agree with that in a way.

• For comics there is always Dark Horse Comics and Dynamite Comics. When I think of Marvel I also think about crossover fighting games they had with Capcom and then I when I think about Capcom I also think about SNK.

I don't really favor one completely over all others. I probably will check out both the Comic Adaptation of movies as well as the FIlm Adaptations of Comic Books when I have the time for them.

• Both for movies Marvel for TVshows DC.

• I'm not into superhero stuff in general... I prefer animes/mangas.
    if I have to choose between the two though I'd go with Marvel

• Marvel because my favorite series is Deadpool, All New All Different Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man (2015-) and Uncanny Inhumans (2015-)