Why is this video popular?

There's got to be a reason why this video has 4 million views. Somehow, somewhere, someone was able to inject some kind of magical unicorn secret ingredient into this video that enabled it to reach the kind of view count that many other videos that actually contain sound, philosophical, intelligent discussion can only hope to dream of achieving.

There's got to be some kind of algorithm I'm missing here. Someone please explain this to me. Videos don't just get popular by random chance.

Most Helpful Girl

• "saw dude" x 498593458 lol
    i'm so mad you made me watch this lol. i want to punch both of them in the face repeatedly.

• Can you believe people actually find this video like, funny?

Like they actually sat down, saw this video, and through the foggy recesses of their tiny little pea brain, laughed and said "This guy is a genius!"

They laughed Kara.

LAUGHED.

• You know how sometimes you see something awkward and that makes you laugh? I think that must have been the case here... I hope... 🤔

Most Helpful Guy

• It makes people feel good about themselves, like they are above someone. This is popular for the same reasons Jersey Shore and Honey Boo Boo were popular.

Intellectual discussion is a barrier to entry. Most people can't relate therefore don't bother. Stupidity opens the gates. All it takes is one or two "smart stupid" people to drop a comment, "this is retarded and not funny at all", they feel proud, now more smart stupid people feel the need to chime in to reinforce their self-perceived smartness.

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 8

• it is the most laziest way that a person can say, "whats up dude" lol

and okay, the fingers that come up with it are kinda funny cause it's so random

• Simply because it's a vine from a viner... The market on Youtube nowadays is dominated by Vine compliation, minecraft gaming channels, prank channels, Youtube drama shit as the likes of LeafyisHere etc.. It's driven by the social media savy younger kids.

Views generation is all down to sharing really, videos like these is not just exclusively through youtube discovery. Thanks to the rise of social medias, It's shared on vine, twitter, IG etc that directly takes the people to the youtube link straight away

• Asuhhhhhh dudr

• I only watch like 4 seconds. I want very much to hit that guy.

• It's short. That's probably why.

• That video was stupid, boring and a waste of 52 seconds of my life.

• I disagree, man. i can always appreciate somebody making a fool out of themselves for my entertainment.