How do you feel about Caitlyn Jenner being the new model for sports illustrated?

Caitlyn Jenner will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated posing nude with her medals she won as " Bruce". I wonder why she will be sporting medals a man won. A life she did not identify with. What are your thoughts of a naked transgender on the cover? Not long ago SI featured one of their first plus size models Ashley Graham , who got a lot of hate for her size and natural curves. It will be interesting to see if society accepts a trans person before they accept a plus size women as beautiful.

Sports illustrated Caitlyn Jenner issue.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well most of the women who normally pose for that magazine are essentially just strippers so at least Caitlyn is an actual athlete or was an athelete.

Still I feel like Sports Illustrated is switching their demographics. The audience that has historically been into SI won't like her being on the cover but all the women who are passionate about LGBT issues will buy it.

As a straight guy I have no interest in seeing it but if other people want to see it then good for them.

• But can we say Caitlyn is an athlete? When its Bruce who won the awards? I don't know.

• Chrissy Teagan who has been on the cover a few years ago doesn't even know how to swim so in comparison Caitlin is definitely more of an athlete.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• It makes me sick

• People didn't accept Ashley Graham because we don't think plus size women can't be beautiful, we didn't accept her because she's not a sportswoman and she doesn't promote a healthy lifestyle while being fat. She had no reason to be in SI cover.
    Caitlyn Jenner on the other hand, she was an athlete when she was Bruce, so she actually has more reason to be in the cover, even though we know the reason she's gonna make the cover has nothing to do with sports.

• You could argue that, However Ashley is active and a athlete. Many "big" people are athletes we can look to sports like football or the Olympics for that. At the same time you can argue that caitlyn injected artificial hormones into her system and had dozens of cosmetic procedures, which causes more stress to the body than excess weight. And people can also argue she is promoting a mental illness. But noone will be happy , since things are changing. For the best or worse however you look at it.

• @HookingSwan Then they gotta start putting more effort at the gym. Unless you have certain condition, everyone can lose weight, ones have more difficulty than others, but they all can achieve the skinny healthy look. If you have more difficulty, you gotta work more.

I have trouble gaining weight, and I've always ate a lot. It doesn't mean that I can't gain weight, it means I have to eat more than a lot.

• Well I guess thats true

Still not that fair for some lol 😄

• It tells me that sports as we one time knew it is going down hill very fast.. it is not even about the sports event now a days.. it is all about the money that can be made by certain people.. Tom Brady and the patriots showed that side of things, where you can now cheat and most likely get away with it, because he makes lots of money for the owners.. give me a break

• Disgusting. Simple as that.

• Sports Illustrated? I never buy or subscribe to any magazine since I have no interest in buying magazines therefore I really don't give a shit.

• I couldn't care less honestly. Doesn't move the needle for me honestly. Seems it's bothering a few folks on here.

• Cool, means we are more open minded and modern. Closed minded people are just disturbing.

• open minded is a social construct. What it means to you might not be what someone else thinks it is. And modern is also a relative term.

• "Caitlyn Jenner is a man"
    I have nothing against transgender people however I do disagree with the philosophy.
    As a student of science, I believe based on my understanding of human biology that a human being is physically incapable of changing their sex.

I don't have a problem with the idea of changing one's sex because certain animals are able to do so, such as clown fish however I maintain that humans are unable to do so.

And so from a scientific perspective, Caitlyn Jenner is male.

• Yea, I agree with you. But until science stops fearing backlash and stops allowing transitioning. And gets them proper help... really what can you do?

• At least Bruce Jenner was an Olympic athlete. Ashley Graham on the other hand, is unhealthy

• But the definition of unhealthy is subjective, and can Caitlyn benefit from a life she didn't identify with. It will be interesting to see you how people react.

• Printed media is a hard gig... I guess they figured they weren't selling subscriptions so they'd try their hand at gay soft porn for perverts that visit sex shops...

• 1|0
    • Umm, is this person trans?

• Talk about perversion being advertised and forced on society...

• If thats the one im thinking of thats stinking nasty

• Id much rather see a beautiful plus sized woman then a girl who looks like a guy and has frog eye ( frog eye is the male equivalent to camel toe)

• I don't really care one way or the other

• it's kinda weird because of the reason you explained

• Gag ugh ughu ugh

• Oh god no *cancels sub*

• Whatever keeps the sales flowin'

• ohh you mean bruce ohh he's a faggot
    hope he dies in a ditch

• Is he the first male model for SI?

• yea, I think she is the first male. Not sure though.

• I really don't care. This whole saga is disgusting to begin with.

• It's stupid. Feminism wanted to destroy the differences between the genders and this is what you get. Women in the west have failed as women so much they are now being overshadowed by an old guy with a boob job.

• Ugh, Caitlyn had far more than a boob job done. lol but not feminism femanzis and I'm pretty sure most femanzis are lgbt anyway

• Lol, women prefer men. lol gay men get mad at hetero women as well might I add. that's why they end up transitioning to date " straight" men

• I can see where the guys might get mad at straight women they same way. I have never heard of them transitioning for that reason. Then again the only thing I hear about it comes from the media which is clearly being very dishonest about the whole subject.

• I learned about trans people several years ago and have been supportive to some degree (i. e. not the crazy activists that expect new words used for them), but we should stop pretending that Caitlyn Jenner is hot. A lot of magazines do those types of picks though. All of those "sexiest women alive" lists always add women to empower others like they'll add Michelle Obama or some way past their prime lady.

Anyway, there are a lot of beautiful transgender women out there. They could have given some of them the attention.

• I mean , like Caitlyn they have all had tons of work done I think why people are upset is we are glorifying a mental illness and super fake bodies.

• I'm highly disappointed with Sports Illustrated.

• Omg, I would not want to see him/her nude on sports illustrated. Never even got to see the beautiful women nude on there anyway

• If people have a bigger problem with Ashley Graham than Caitlyn Jenner, then I worry about society.

• yeah, it will be interesting.

• Please stop making stupid people famous. It makes the rest of us normal people look bad.

• Do people still read magazines?
    Its just PR

• Well, they do have online magazines, i dont think paper magazines are selling well.

• I think LGBT is the hot topic right now and they like many other Corporations and businesses are trying to make bank from it.

• I had a convo with a friend of mines making the same point. TheLGBT community is being pimp out and they don't even know it. Look at how many 'straight ' people is getting paid to give 'talks' about LGBT

What Girls Said 16

• I'm not looking forward to it. There's nothing wrong with being trans (i am) but someone who is that old, frankly does not get good results from the treatment. You wouldn't want to look at some 60 year old guy naked, let alone some 60 year old trans person.

She's causing the rest of us issues, no one cared about us until she came and started doing all this publicity stuff. Violent crimes against us has spiked since she came out. She needs to stop before she does more damage which may be irreparable. Laverne cox is a great example of a role model or spokesperson. NOT a kardashian.

• 70, i think she is 70.

• I have no idea, i just know that she's not a good representation of us, and being nude is going to cause backlash.

• Meh, I don't care. I guess I support it. There's no reason why she shouldn't be a model for Sports Illustrated and she did win the medals so she's certainly qualified to be in a sports magazine :P

• right, but can she benefit from what bruce did?

• Indifferent.

• It's stupid I think...

• I think she totally deserves to be on there so it's great!
    Also what would be so shocking about people viewing a trans woman as more beautiful than an overweight woman?
    Being transgender at least isn't bad for your health...

• Neither should be shamed. But Ashley was and is and always will be and the shit is fucked up. The end.

• Well, it is actually. first it's a mental illness, sexing fake hormones and dozens if cosmetic surgeries cause more stress to the body than extra weight. And we can argues taking natural curves vs something 100 percent fake.

• I don't get any of it. But whatever.

media.giphy.com/media/3o6ozy0tqSe2DLhovm/giphy.gif

• Bill Nye, my favorite childhood scientist. Only, I never knew he wasn't a scientist. lol

• @MrAtticusLebowski he is a engineer , has a engineering degree.

• LOL, we are debating whether Bill Nye the Science Guy is a scientist or not?

I thought the question was about Bruce/Caitlyn and his/her Olympic Gold Medal. LOL.

• I think it's stupid. Not because she's transgender, but because she's lying.
    And I guess many transgender women are ashamed of being represented by her.

• ok more of the usual bitching from people as usual. First they complained a lot about Ashley graham and now it will be Cait.

• i don't care about any of except she got off on manslaughter charges. she put someone in the ground out of negligence and no one cares.

• Society is getting weirder thanks to the liberals

• I can't quite believe this is real. I'm sure the fall out will be hilarious.

• I like it. It's 2016!!!

• I don't care it just another gimmick

• What is happening? Why is the world like this now?

• Meh, it's just another gimmick.