I've lost tons of friends?

I just never really invested in friendships because my mom would never allow us to be social, everyone was this or that blabla... so i would Always hang out with my sisters, but ofcourse i dont hang out with them anymore, i had some ''friends'' in high school but we all drifted away, i made some new ones but they aren't real like besties so now i feel lost at 23... everyone has their groups and people they hang out with, its hard to get in as such an ''old'' age... i still live at home will i ever find a bff or new girlfriends?

Most Helpful Guy

• that happens. you may be one of those people that has only a few very close friends and in this case, none of those people jelled or there were barriers.

I drifed away from everyone due to space and such.
    Do thinks you love to do and build new friends who enjoy those things. I found my best friends while bicycling... we shared a common passion and bonded there. Volunteer, etc.. go out and have fun.

Learn to be social and get to nkow people, be interested in them, give love, share of yourself. Yes you will if you work at being social and just let it happen.

What Guys Said 7

• People will come and go, what matters is your ability to keep socializing. Then, eventually, you'll be able to make a true friend who will always be around.

• I'm the same, except I'm not entirely sure why I lost contact wit them all.

• I am the same as well
    It is not good to feel emotional wave in groups.
    Even you are happy but it still make you tire

• i have no friends at all. and my situation is worst. but still im learning to love my life on my own.

• friends come and go.

• No wonder if you stuff them into tons :O

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• I am almost 23. I always walk around saying im old and everyone gives me a eye roll and say I am still young. Friends come and go. I lost contact with all my friends as well. In my case I was super shy. I reconnected with them. Its not as werid as you think. Join a club. I don't know if ur working but try talking to coworkers. if ur still in school join a club or invite classmates for a study group. Join the gym and oarticipate in the classes there. Try meetup. It tells you about different events happening in ur area and its for people who want to meet new friends and try new things. Be really friendly. There are people all around u. people will graviate towards you. The more you greet someone the more you get to know them. There is also this app I saw once. You can travel around the world to different places with strangers. I can't remember the name. If you interested I will l message it to you if I come across it again :) as for the boyfriend part, try online dating.

• I've lost some friends too not a ton but some. I am in my last year of high school and when I was in my junior year I had a lot of friends and then senior year came and they all kind of went there own ways. Go out and meet people and socialize with people. I wish things like that didn't happen but they do. Friends come and they go. You will be able to meet and make new friends.

• Than make new ones.

• I am in the same exact situation as you. I feels ya. Any work buddies?