Agree or Disagree: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is not only one of the best self-defense in general (for both genders out on the street) but it is also?

possibly the very best self-defense for a man against woman so he doesn't have to resort to striking/hitting and look like the bad person?

If you really think about it, it's a non-striking martial art that teaches you a lot of restraining moves, defending moves while on your back, escaping moves from the ground and multiple submission holds. Since a man is socially not allowed to hit a woman in any under circumstance (even if the woman is physically striking him), he can just use BJJ to nulify her stamina and striking and then wear her out with a well-gripped mount position, a keylock submission hold or a kimura hold.

• Agree, the man is using a more apparently better way to defend himself against a woman without hitting her.
  • Disagree, the man can still strike the woman out of self-defense if he's put in a serious situation.
  • Disagree, the man will still look like the bad guy by using a martial art move on her, regardless of whether or not it's striking/hitting.
  • Others

Most Helpful Guy

• I do Jujutsu but the original Japanese version. Well I agree with your theory it's good for a lot more then restraint. I've done other martial arts (actually still do), and this is the most rounded art I have had the pleasure of training in.

I also disagree with the premise that I can't hit a women. Same rules apply to anyone. If I have to defend myself I will. The difference is knowing how to fight and how much power to put in to simply defend yourself. I wouldn't put anyone in hospital unless I had no other choice for my own (or families) safety.

What Girls Said 1

• I prefer Krav Maga. I think it's more ruthless, and I want self-defense that will work against a stronger, bigger opponent, not restraint or submission holds. Injure quickly and powerfully, and escape. That's the goal.

What Guys Said 3

• Krav Maga seems to be efficient as well

• Yes it's best for close fight. But if your opponent are bigger and stronger than you box or kickbox is better

• very true.