I need a movie that i can do a report on for English class but i dont know any good ones. It needs to have emotion and a good clear message and themes that people can relate to. Any suggestions for movies i can watch then do that on would be great because im honestly just stuck right now
Most Helpful Guy
Good clear message films tend to be a bit simplistic, don't you think? In American cinema some of the better suggestions might be
- inherit the wind - about creationism vs evolution
- to kill a mocking bird - basic human decency vs racism
- in the heat of the night - justice vs prejudice
- 12 angry men - don't take things at face value
Rest of the world, my fav would be Ran, directed by Akira Kurosawa. Japanese take on king lear. Complex, but bleak! also by kurosawa, 7 Samurai, on which the magnificent 7 is based, and more morally complex.
Britain the original Alfie, with Michael Caine.
Lawrence of Arabia.
Italy two women with sophia loren.
- The Stranger, based on the existential novel by albert camus.
France belle du jour with Catherine Deneuve. Mature content
Hope this helps.0