Have you played Doom?

It's a video game if some of you are not sure.

@DooMguy

• Yes
    8%(1)57%(31)Vote71%(30)
  • No
    50%(6)28%(15)Vote21%(9)
  • Didn't finish
    0%(0)2%(1)Vote2%(1)
  • Never heard of it
    42%(5)13%(7)Vote6%(2)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
It can be any game part of the doom series.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes!!! As a child and I had nightmares about.

Despite the nightmares, I kept playing. 😂

What Guys Said 36

• Yes, I have

• Which one? The originals or the newer ones.

I played the shit out of the original Doom shareware. That game more than probably any other made me want to be a game programmer. Kids today (god that makes me feel old) don't realize how totally revolutionary that game was. I was floored when I first saw it. I wonder if they can truly appreciate it the way it is since it's so much different than modern FPS games.

I didn't get a hold of Doom II, Final Doom or the Plutonia Experiment until much later. To this day I think the super shotgun is still one of the most satisfying guns to use in any game. It really packs a punch.

I've played Doom 3 and I think it's a better game than people gave it credit for. Appearance-wise I think it holds up very well and in some ways looks more realistic than modern games. Particularly the way lighting was implemented. It was the same kind of technical leap forward the original was. Gameplay-wise it was nothing revolutionary and it borrowed a lot of ideas but it was still fun.

I haven't played the new one yet. My PC won't be able to handle it. I probably get it later when I upgrade.

• I played Doom and Doom II about 20 years ago!

• Yes, I've played the original DOOM & DOOM 2 games as well as DOOM 64. Those were the times where I started blowing up & killing loads of monsters as well as the hellish cyberdemon & spidermastermine & it felt so good doing so. Going in straight for the kills in order for me to clean up the DOOM world by eliminating them made me feel like a superhuman & super soldier. It just feels that real too me.

• Lol I clicked on this question with the intention of tagging doomguy but then realized that you already beat me to it :(

• Yes, though I mostly played Doom II. I played Doom 3 a while back. It was pretty neat. I'm interested to see what the new Doom game will be like.

• Doom is for PUSSIES.
    Real men play BRUTAL DOOM!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc
    *notsrs

• Oh, yes. Also played the beta of the new one. The multiplayer wasn't impressive, but the good part is meant to be the single player anyway as with any Doom game. Haven't tried that yet though.

• Played it and i think i payed a fair price with a 50% discount because the game is half great and half terrible.

To start the single player is what you expect from classic shooter. You move fast , shoot and dodge a lot. Yup thats right, you dodge a lot! Fireballs, rockets, enemys all can be avoided with some skills. There are some modern takes such as a map and gun upgrades but those do not take away from the true doom feel.

Then there is the multiplayer option on the menu. Which is only ment to trick you to buy more dlc in a typical clone of the loadout and ranking system that all old school fps players love to hate. Dont even bother with this.

Then there is the real multiplayer sneakishly named snapmaps. Here custom maps and custom modes can be a think. Its essentially babby's first modding experiance but the stuff the community makes is fun regardless. Sadly this mode dissapointed me greatly because there are no community servers or even dedicated servers for this. You just pick a mode trough matchmaking again. Modding beyond snapmap is also not possible so in the end this mode will eventually get very repetitive and without that one special community server that you and your now gained friends keep coming back to it isn't to special to me.

So all in all a great singleplayer campaign and a horrible multiplayer. Pick it up if you like old singleplayer shooters and get the free Unreal Tournament 4 for the multiplayer.

• I also loved doom 3 as a kid and played a bit of the first doom.

• Nope, haven't played it... I dig that it looks more like a traditional arena-shooter though. What I'd really like to see is a new Unreal Tournament game on Xbox...

• Ohh... just clicked the video, I was thinking you meant the brand-new Doom... I haven't played that, but I've played the original many times!

• Doom 2 and that double barreled shotgun... Many hours wasted.

• I'm assuming you mean the new one and FUCK YES! It's fucking epic and the music is metal as fuck, the last time I liked a soundtrack this time was the witcher 3 and brutal legend

• Yep. All four games. The current is pretty damn good, still playing the campaign.

• I've played Doom 3 back then when it came out... wasn't really my thing. The new one looks more to my liking but not that much that I will buy it now... too much to do with other games :P

Maybe later in a sale

• If you lived through the 90s you were required by law to have played Doom at least once.
    I even love the doom movie! Semper Fi, Motherf*cker :)

• Not since the 90s lol. Looks cool tho

• Oh god yes.. I played it back before broad band existed. I had my copy in 1993. That was the game that introduced me to FPS

• I've played it but not to the end

• Oh my yes. It was the game of the early to mid 1990s

• Way back in the day

• Played Doom BFG Edition since it has the original Doom 1 & 2 and Doom 3 plus the expansion packs. Really liked Doom 3 a lot as it had plenty of jump scares and bosses. Plan on getting the new Doom later on this year.

• I've heard of it but never played it.

• Decades ago.

• yea when i was 13 back in 1993

• sure, many years ago. I only played the first one.

• My dad and brother are playing it right now.

• Oh wait, I though you were talking about the remake that just came out. the video wasn't working the first time I came here.

• It's cool and I just mean any doom game.

• Not exactly my "cup of tea". 😕

• Video game? What are you, some kind of nerd?

• Huge Doom fan right here. Such a good game and truly terrifying at times!

• Yes, used to play it all the time as a kid.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 4