Whats a good name for a band/musician?

Me & My friend are thinking of making a band

...
CN i get some normal names not some nasty shit?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, as an artist, I would have to ask basic questions to a "client" before coming up with design ideas and a color scheme, or come up with a brand or character...

So who are you both? What kinds of music do you play? What are your characters, if they're different from you as an actual person?

See, as a performer, I don't pull off "suave" James Bond - like characters very well. But I DO pull off the geeky, smart, quirky, slightly scampy characters... Others gave me the idea of doing a brilliant, quirky character. So my design and presentation is for me. My graphic design is partly about promoting something true to me. My look, for some time, was along those lines.

To come up with an idea for someone I don't know is next to pointless. Maybe I could come up with something after I found out more, but until then...

• Um we use drums, piano, guitar. Probably pop or elecrronic.

• I don't usually go for Dubstep or Electronica... but what I do listen to, all of them have an interesting style... Personally, I like Oiki, (especially "Groove"), Caravan Palace, Dr. Steel, Pogo, and Blue Man Group... All of these artists could be technically considered "Electronic" - they all have something unique and use their inspirations a bit differently.

Blue Man uses "found items" (industrial?) and theatrics. Oiki has a mix of different sounds from different cultures behind his work... Pogo uses nostalgia (Disney cartoons and movies, TV shows, that sort of thing)...

Caravan Palace uses a Swing / 1920's to 40's jazz/swing/big band sound. Dr Steel uses a similar concept, but a lot of it also has a sci-fi feel, appeals to Steampunk and Dieselpunk fans, has a lot of hip hop influence, and uses the idea of creating a fandom about doing good in the world. Both do Electronica, both use "retro" styles... but each do unique things.

Good luck with your stuff!

• Thanks

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 10

• Wet T-Shirt Contest.

• FWIW: I think it's a smart to use your own name if you can. Or, the names of all the band mates... "Crosby, Stills and Nash" as an example from the past. Here's why. You want to "brand" yourself. Lookup "branding" and see how you build product name recognition. Your music is a product. Bands all breakup eventually, some sooner rather than later. When that happens, the individual members have to start all over gaining recognition. If your name is already a commodity, you're never really fully starting over. So, if your current band is "Smith, Jones and Miller," and you go out on your own as "Paul Smith," you'll have more instant recognition... or the new "Smith Johnson Band," or "Batty, Griffin and Smith Trio." You get the point.
    That's my take. And I am a musician.

• One thing I think is cool is when bands derive their name from the lyrics of a band that they may be influenced by... could be a neat phrase or theme in the lyrics that jumps out at you.

• Its not real unless you make it yourselves

• The Butthole boyz.

• Umm that might make us come off as gay. Or into anal. Im not interested in either

• Cocaine Snowman

• Depends what genre of music do you play?

• Umm i dont really know what to call it

• How about "Masterful Harmony"

Or perhaps something gritty like "Harbringers of Hell"

"The Lords Courtroom"
      "Reckless Rouges"

If none of these appeal to you try to think of something powerful and add a pertinent adjective

• Okay thanks

• Got one Sweaty Ballz

• Spicy jalapenos

• SKULLFUCKER

• Oh sorry you wanted more tame stuff... try SKULLBANGER, or Penis-Riot. Penis is not naughty since it is the science word. Have you ever heard of Pussy Riot though? Their Russian musical is elliptical.

• Daddy Warbux & the Shamwows!