How come adults get to do anything they want?

Seriously, I can't wait until I turn 18! I hate the fact that adults can do what they want and don't have curfews and kids do. When I child wants a dog or whatever, they have to ask, but when an adult wants one, they can just get it and not ask, unless they live in someone else roof. I wanted to die my hair pink with purple highlights, but my parents said no and wanted me to get a simple hair style. Adults don't have curfews and kids do. My older sister is 19 and she has no curfew, but I do. My curfew is 11pm. I'm 13 and I'm grown!
Adults make kids go to school. It isn't fair! Adults don't even respect us kids. They make us move and give up seats for old ass people and they call us brats? Bullshit. Can you explain why adults can do what they want and kids can't.

Sorry I meant to say my 3 older half siblings including my 19 year old sister can do what they want. =(

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh sure , adults get to do whatever they want , but they also don't get to do whatever you want. With adulting you get shit ton of freedom but also responsibilities.
    If we want a dog , there's the vaccination , the licensing , the toys , the bed , the food , the necessities , the informing the council , landlord and such.
    Everything is money and time.
    You get to play with mr puppies but the paperwork involved is immense.
    Dying hair to whatever colour , we can , but then our boss at work don't agree with that hairstyle and demands us to change it back or he's gonna have to let us go.
    You don't want to go to school , not even a trade , then it's off to doing whatever menial work that's readily replaceable by robots somewhere down the line.
    Taxes.
    Bills.
    Balancing the books.
    Saving for retirement , marriage , vacations , renovation , further education.
    Staying relevant in the work force but going to conferences..
    Potential expenses.
    Staying on good terms with your parents.

The list goes on and on and on

• I don't think "adult" can be used as a verb as in "adulting".

And you don't have to save for marriage. Or stay on good terms with your parents.

• Privileges of what?

• @nog642
      Of not having your liberties limited because you're not of age.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree I can't wait. At least when I'm 16 I'll have a little more freedom. Maybe I'll even get to take a nap. (My parents get mad if I take a nap). Although, for all I know if I still live in my parents house I won't have the freedom I want

• Exactly girl. Even my best friend was like, "Why the hell do you wanna be an adult? Adults have it so tougher so we don't have to worry about bills. Enjoy the carefree life and stop whining."

• @BigDana yeah. But it still sucks that I can't really do anything

• I know. I felt the same way when I was your age but just suck it up and deal with it. Do what your parents say.

What Guys Said 34

• they get to because doing what they want means using the money they earned, and they also bear the brunt of the responsibilities.

Lets use you getting a dog for example. Are YOU going to pay for the dog? For its food? for its vet bills?

and responsibilities. Are you going to take it outside to use the bathroom? are you going to clean up after it when it shits? if it has an accident and shits on the living room rug, are you going to be on your hands and knees scrubbing dog shit out of the carpet? If the carpet is ruined, are you going to pay to replace it? Are you going to take it for a half hour walk every day?

As for school? adults go to school to. College. And unlike your school, it isn't free. 6 more years of school, WHILE working part time? Graduating only to discover you are $80,000 in debt?

And then you get a job! 40 hours a week, devoted to doing shit for other people, keeping you out of your home for upwards of 50 hours a week, due to drive time there and back every day, just to earn money that seems to evaporate when your mortgage, taxes, cable, gas, electric, internet, and phone bills come.

And at the end of the week, after being out of the house 50 hours to do 40 hours of work, paying all the bills, looking at the degree on your wall for a career you STILL don't have a job in, checking your bank account and spending 2 hours checking the books for the $200 more you THOUGHT was there that doesn't seem to be there, and marveling about how, a decade out of college, you STILL have $60,000 of that $80,000 debt to pay off, despite paying $40,000 already, thanks to interest rates, after all that? Your 13 year old storms in, and demands a puppy that you know she will not feed to look after, and that if you say yes, it is just that much more room on your plate, and you're busy enough. So you say no. And she storms out screaming how much she hates you.

And so you hit the liquor cabinet, and pour yourself some of that $180 bottle of scotch you splurged on. Because you're an adult, it's your money, you wanted to, and 2 fingers full on a night like tonight keeps you sane.

THAT is why they get to do what they want.

• There are limitations on how old you have to be in order to get certain jobs. Believe me if kids (early teens) could get a job, they would. But there are government restrictions.

And I don't see how setting a time when you have to go to sleep or setting a curfew has anything to do with earning money.

• @ksoma Do not forget about the doctors, dentist, grocery shopping, car maintenance, yard work if you live in a house etc.

• 13 year olds are funny because they think they're grown and they really aren't.

Honestly, I started accepting my status as an adult only when I was done with University and got a job.

Adults can do what they want because they understand the repercussions of their actions, instead of going about in a hedonistic manner and reject education, and don't understand that curfews exist to protect you from the strangers who'd abduct you at night.

• Fuck the adults. I never get to do what I want and we always have to go to bed at a certian time or ask first.

• My parents forced me to move when I didn't want to and they picked me up and put me in another seat. That was rude. They don't do that with other adults or college students

• That's because they can't do that to other adults. But they can do it to you.

• Our brains are fully developed, we earn income, and we accept the consequences of what we do... ok that is if we really are adults. Some grown ups, arent' really adults. Kids on the other hand, really don't know what they are doing... they think they do. Heck, I thought I knew everything I needed to know at age 18 when I was an "adult" of age. BULL. I knew nothing... zippo... and I wans't stupid, its just you dont' know what you don't know.
    A 13yr old... even and 18 yr old can get themselves into a lot of trouble and impact other peoples lives. It is a parents job, to help guide you to make good decisions until you are strong enough, smart enough, mature enough to make sound decisions. Because reality is, you could make mistakes that would greatly impact not only your life but them as well. I don't have to give you examples from my life do I?
    It sucks... maybe... its for your own good.
    Going to school, you need to be able to find a job. I'm open to other ideas to do that than school.

• I actually understand what your saying... well, understood. I don't know exactly what changed, but now, I really don't care much about the adult vs. kid thing. But some things still stay the same in my thoughts: that adults often use a child's age as grounds to disrespect them or talk down to them. This is a minor but still damaging form of age discrimination still prevalent in our society. I'm not gonna tell you "you'll understand as you get wiser/smarter" because that's diminishing you. Back when I was your age, I was pretty darn smart and philosophical, and I hated to have my thoughts diminished by an adult that comes from, statistically, a generation less intelligent than mine. I think what you feel is that you want independence and freedom and your whoever's giving your curfews and stuff don't think your ready for that. Trust me, if you were granted freedom now, you will make some serious mistakes. If I was granted freedom now, I would, too. In fact, when people turn 18, I bet you 95% of them made some huge mistakes. It's just that your parents or whatever couldn't take it to see you suffer in the hands of your own wrongdoings at a younger age than they did.

• I have a number of rules that I must follow
    If I wish to eat, I must work
    my work requires a "professional look"
    My work requires that I keep certain hours
    I may not have a curfew but I certainly have a wake up time our alarm goes off at 5:00 AM every workday
    I have a mortgage that must be paid if we wish to continue living here
    Further this freedom to get what I want comes with the responsibility to make sure that their is enough money to feed that puppy, and the rest of the family.
    These are just examples. The other part of the freedom is the responsibilities that go with it.

• After giving a kid the freedom to stay up however long they want, they'll probably not get enough sleep. Then they'll learn it's a bad idea and go to sleep at a reasonable time by themselves. And then they won't complain about curfews or whatever and will still go to sleep at a reasonable time, because they are reasonable people. They'll get a taste of freedom and understand the responsibility to get enough sleep. Parents should do this.

• when you get older you'll understand. i think many children feel the way you do but with experience comes an amount of wisdom which will help give you perspective

• With the limitations parents put on children, they aren't able to get experience or perspective or whatever. The limitations are unnecessary.

• Restrictions on what a kid can do in their free time could be reduced for the kid's benefit.
      Restrictions on what a kid has to go to sleep could be reduced for the kid's benefit.
      The parents micromanaging the kids' homework could be reduced for the kid's benefit.
      Etc.

• @nog642 i don't disagree entirely. but it is a case by case situation. a parent can't say "here's more freedom with your free time". it would still have to be taken situation by situation

• Little lass, even adults are heavily restricted, having to give away hard-earned money for the sake of others (taxes). We follow the law like any other younger person would. Are you not happy, for all the time and energy your parents have spent on you?

I will agree with you on one part, though.. Many people shut out younger lads and lasses, solely for them being younger, instead of letting teach what they have to teach. Every lad and lass have their own story to tell, regardless of age.

• *shakes head* honestly lol kids these days thinking they're grown up, well you ain't kid and trust me you don't want to be it's not all its cracked up to be all the time.

Enjoy being a kid you have your entire life to be grown up, once your childhood is gone, darlin it's gone, don't waste it trying to grow up to fast.

• How can you enjoy your childhood when there are so many problems to be had.

Trust me, studies show humans tend to remember the past as better than it was. This is the whole concept of nostalgia. Where do you think the phrase "the good old days" came from? If You were to relive your childhood you'd get bored after a month and you'd hate it again.

• I don't have a curfew, I don't want a dog, I don't want to dye my hair,. I'm perfectly content and I'm 14. I still can't wait until I'm 18 because that means I get to move out. But my life isn't that bad

The reason adults get more freedom is because they make money and live by themselves. You can't get a dog because you live with your parents and you don't have money to buy or support one. You could dye your hair and there's nothing your parents could do, but then of course they could take away an privileges you have like TV or computer time and stuff like that, since those tings are paid for buy them, not you.

And for elementary and middle school, your parents don't make you go to school, the government does. You can drop out of high school but before that you have to go to school. Of course you shouldn't drop out of high school and if your parents don't let you do that then they're justified.

Just wondering, does your curfew also apply on weekends? And is it just for going out of the house or do you also have a set time you have to go to sleep?

• Well Friday abd Saturday nighta my curfew is at 11pm and school nights it's at 8pm

• No I can't. It sucks

• But do you have a given time that you need to go to sleep?

• I do not do anything and everything that I want.. I try to be responsible for my actions and treat people the way I would want to be treated.. sure lots of adults do as they please but without a care in the world towards anyone but themselves.. and I do not need those people in my life and will avoid them if I can

• Life is going to beat you up even when your on the ground. Enjoy being a kid and having free time that is a luxury many adults do not have and would trade their freedom to obtain. When you grow up you will find out that everything cost money which is earned doing work which will mentally and physically exhaust and stressful.
    My advise to you is to find a hobbie you love cause at your young you have enough time to master anything like electric guitar. Also do well at school!!! If you do really well you can easily make $300,000 a year which is basically you can buy a ferrari each year, support a small army of dogs, have a big house, travel the entire world, etc. If you do not do well in school then you will have to live with your parents way into your 20's maybe 30's and not afford anything cool and have no free time and have to work way longer.
    Adults can do what they want because they know all the rules of society and know what it is capable of. At 13 you have had little exposure and because of that a lot of choices you want has consequences you don't know about. If you did that to your hair you would have easily gotten some form of bullying at school.

• you're*

300k a year doesn't mean you can buy all those things, since when you subtract tax and cost of living you have much less left.

Actions still have consequences at 13. It's not like we live in a consequence free world. (I wish)

I know some girls at my school who dye their hair. Nothing happens to them.

• @nog642 You can invest for a few years. Tax is not that bad compared to other countries and cost of living is what you make it.

• @nog642 Oh its a girl wow that is my bad. Yeah her dying her hair shouldn't really cause bullying then.

• Do you think it's a picnic for the adults to have to pay hundreds of dollars for a dog, to get a license for it, and to pay for vet visits?

Sure, adults may not have "curfews", but how do you think Boss Man will react

• *stupid phone lag*

How do you think an adult's supervisor at work will react if the adult doesn't show up to work on time, sober, and ready to work?

And no, you are NOT grown. Legally, your sister is an adult. She has greater freedom, yes, but she also has greater responsibility.

And WHAT... ON... EARTH is so wrong with your parents telling you to give your seat to an elderly member of society who has put in their work and may not have the physical strength to stand for lengthy periods of time?

Why are you so surprised when people call you a brat in light of all this?

• @nog642 , I didn't realize that there was a minimum age requirement to qualify for a basic act of common courtesy.

• There isn't. I wouldn't do that no matter how old I was. Unless like I said in the last comment they actually have a hard time standing up, then sure.

• Enjoy being the age you are... I am sure there are some advantages that you are overlooking!

Your 19 year old sister may be able to stay up later etc., but she likely has more responsibilities than you do!

Just a question, who was going to pay for the highlights?

• What responsibilities? She told me to enjoy being a kid and being carefree because she doesn't get to be carefree anymore and can't rely on mom and dad anymore like I can.

• Exactly she does not get the carefree anymore.

Everyone at your age wants to be older to do adult things... trust me there will come a day when you wish you could be younger again and carefree.

The responsibilities just keep adding up!

• I'm already not carefree. There aren't that many advantages.

• Us adults also have the burden of responsibility that accompanies that free choice... and this burden of responsibility is non-negotiable and cannot be avoided.

But most adults will tell u, that burden is worth the freedom of choice.

• Because 13 is happening to like walking around with broken brain.
    You just feel growing but not enough to adult.
    it is like god give you genitals but you just play it dont know how to use
    So you pay attention to it each other in puberty that is very dangerous to use it randomly.

• Judging by your grammar, you're the one with a broken brain.

And I can use my genitals just fine thank you.

• I can't respect someone who has worse grammar than I did in second grade. I just can't. Unless English is their second language or something, then that's acceptable.

• We were all 13 once, you are still a child in the eyes of the law and you are still mentally far too immature, DESPITE what you may think, you are not grown up. Your parents and the other adults in your life are doing things in your best interest, even if you can't see that now.

• Do you have some examples of things that are "in your best interest"?

• Most 13 year olds are responsible enough to do their homework and go to sleep at a reasonable time if you give them the freedom. The rules are not in your best interest, all they're doing is making you have to figure this out later on and making you unhappy.

And unless you have a significant amount of money (over $1000) I don't see the problem with spending it. I mean what else are you going to do, save it for college? $300 or so will barely make a difference.

And "Being told off for behaving badly" is very vague. Badly how?

• @nog642 I see you have an answer for everything so take this advice...
      While adults are not always right 100% of the time, most of the time they will be, more than you. And when they tell you or ask you to do something, there is a reason behind it, even if you don't agree with that reason it is in your interest that you do it.
      If you don't... your life is likely to be difficult. You aren't so special, I was your age once.
      And perhaps most importantly, I would LOVE to be 14 again, im 29 in a couple of weeks, the world goes by very fast the older you get and the shit you have to deal with now is nothing compared to whats coming.

• your saying you want to be an adult soon, but im sure when you'll be an adult you want to be a kid again. believe me growing up sucks, a lot

• That's not one of the choices. The childhood you lived or adulthood?

• @nog642 neither, i want to be dead. lol

• Yeah, you know what? I can have dessert for dinner if I want. But if I do, I'll get sick. Adulting sucks, kid.

• Yeah, your parents are real pricks. Trying to help you get an education, keeping you from getting raped by wandering the streets at night, and telling you that you can't look like a damn circus clown.

I wish my parents gave me more guidance on a lot of things. Quit being a brat and realize that they have a lot more experience and responsibility than you do.

• Dyeing your hair won't make you look ridiculous unless you dye it in a ridiculous way.

• It only damages the hair that is there, not the root of the hair. Any new hair to grow will be undamaged. Just like when people dye their hair it eventually all goes away even if they don't dye it back.

• @nog642 Hair is also very slow to grow back after it dies, meaning the damage will be noticeable for quite a while.

I've seen enough chicks with dry, stringy neon-colored hair to know its effects.

• yea they can do whatever they want but they also have to take responsibility's for everything as-well

• responsibility right. But adults get to drink, go and do what they want

• @nog642 I know. We always have to go to bed and be home but not adults.

• Say adult A is letting adult B live at his place, then adult B would have to listen to what adult A said otherwise he would be kicked out. It's the same situation with kids except that in this case adult B could just go live somewhere else, but kids can't do that.

• Actually if anything kids can get away with more, if a child does the same crime an adult does they can either get away with it or their crime would be much less than an adult''s.

• If a child drinks alcohol they'll get arrested. If an adult drinks alcohol, absolutely nothing happens. I'm not saying this law shouldn't be there, I'm just saying kids do have way more restrictions. I've never seen any activities restricted to individuals under the age of 18.

• @nog642 Yes but I said the punishments for breaking those crimes are more severe for adults except that one exception you talked about usually with any kinda drugs really.

• Well kids can't even get a job. And there's not a lesser punishment for that, you just can't get one. It's not one of those things where you can break the law and then suffer the consequences. You have to be 14 to get a job and that's a huge restriction right there for anyone under 14.

• We're grown. You're not. End of story.

• I'm beautiful ad you have to pay bills. Haha

• I was replying to your original comment "We're grown. You're not. End of story."

• We have lots of responsibilities like going to work which has responsibilities in itself, paying off student loans if we have any, yard work, house work, laundry, paying bills, doctors, dentists, vehicle maintenance, house maintenance, grocery shopping, close shopping when needed etc. Kids add to the responsibilities. Most things crust money to go do. What you have is because of your parents.

• 😂😂😂
    Hahah
    Looks like you're mad on adults
    When you'll grow up like after 2-3 years then you'll know the reason behind it

• forget that, your parents are going to tell you what to do always, no matter if you are 16 or 36 they are going to keep being bossy.

• Well they're going to get bitchslapped

• After you move out and are no longer financially dependent on them who gives a crap what they say.

• 11PM? lol you're supposed to be asleep at 8:30PM.

• Dafuq you talking about? It's hardly physically possible to fall asleep at 8:30 unless you are behind on sleep. I usually go to sleep around midnight on weekdays and around 2:00 am on weekends.

• By choice. I choose not to because I don't feel the need to. And my dad doesn't go to sleep at 10 pm. College students don't go to sleep at 10 pm. I doubt many adults go to sleep at 10 pm on the weekend.

• getting to do anything we want is a double edged sword really

we can do what ever we want bu thave to pay for any situations our actions cause

• Kids don't live in a consequence free world either.

• @nog642 true but they can in some wys shift some of them on the adults depending in the context of the situation of course

• Usually not, except for some legal situations. But legal consequences aren't the only kind of consequences.

• just sneak out... w/o getting caught.

chances are you'll get caught.

• kids aren't allowed to do what they want because they're still learning from all the careless mistakes they make on the daily... like spelling hair dye wrong.

• @nog642 see.. you're not sure.

• Yeah I asked her she just didn't answer so I have no idea. But I'm guessing she probably has to go to sleep sometime before midnight.

• "Seriously, I can't wait until I turn 18!"

#pipedreams

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 23

• "I'm 13 and I'm grown!"
    Lmfao. No.

This is exactly why they don't give us any respect dude. You need to learn what being "grown" actually means. It means your ass has a job. It means your ass can support itself. It means your ass is responsible. Should adults give us a few more shots in terms of listening to our opinions? Yes. Should they give us whatever we want because we feel "grown"? Hell to the no. Your curfew is 11PM? Girl mine is like 8PM, ain't no reason a CHILD your age should be out past 8. You've already got more liberty than you need and deserve, don't push it.

• I'm being honest. The fact you can't handle it proves you are not "all grown up". The fact that you ended with "fuck you" because I didn't give yiur entitled ass the answer it wanted to hear shows how immature you really are as do your responses to all the other G@Gers who simply pointed out you are a CHILD. I may be under 18 just like you but that doesn't mean I need to side with you when you are clearly wrong.

• @nog642 no I agree, stay up if you want (if you want to be sleep deprived it's up to you) but a 13 year old has no business roaming the streets at 11PM.

• @MaiNameIsSunshine I can agree with that. The only time I've been out of the house past 11 is if I was at my friends house or going to the movie with my dad, I wouldn't just roam the streets.

• trust me when i tell you that childhood is better than adulthood.
    you think it gets better? for the most part, people go downhill, your innocence is tarnished, people betray you, you get stabbed in the back, you're always competing, always rushing, always feeling the need to pull your weight. find a job, look pretty, be nice, be sexy, be humble, be confident, be this and that and everything else.

childhood is simplicity. ENJOY IT and be grateful for every moment.

• Well parents control us and I'm tired of people telling me to get over it

• @nog642 well deal with it kid. It's life

• @BigDana Yeah I can deal with it. I have no problem with it. What I have a problem with is people saying childhood is easy and simple. It's not.

• The age of adulthood is based on many different factors, such as psychological development and behavioral development. The reason people aged 18 and up (in a lot of countries) are allowed to make their own decision is because their brain has learned to do certain functions that a child's brain hasn't yet, like contemplate consequences of behaviour, think in future-tense, observe and process information through their senses at a faster rate and determine things like the risk of danger, or how to assess situations using logic and reason. That's why they are given the right to start making certain choices for themselves, but there are still many rules and laws in the adult world. A lot of adults hate it that kids get away with heaps of things and don't have any responsibilities. So there's pros and cons for both sides.

• Oh come on. Even a fourth grader can "contemplate consequences of behaviour", "think in future-tense", and "observe and process information through their senses". 18 is an arbitrary age. Some people mature mentally faster or slower than others. Some could be completely psychologically mature at 13 or 14, some could still not be mature at 18.

• @nog642 I know that, it's up to the government of each country to decide what age people are considered adults, but that doesn't change the fact that there is generally a significant difference between a 14 year olds brain function and development, and an 18 yr olds. Do some research and you'll find that out.

• There's a difference, sure, but in some cases not that big of a difference.

• You know, you're right. You're 13. You are grown You should drop out of school, get a job and house, and go buy that puppy on your way back from getting your pink and purple hair. Show them fucking adults you're a grown ass woman and can take care of yourself dammit!

• We actually can't just do whatever we want. Part of being an adult is self regulation - We have to make budgets and stick to them. We have to place limitations on ourselves to ensure we don't over indulge, go broke, get hurt, lose our jobs, lose our homes, etc. As a kid, your decision making and risk calculation abilities are still developing.

You have to go to school because, right now, THAT is your job. School is training for real life. Adults make you go to school, but adults also make other adults go to work... you skip school and you get a detention... I skip work and I get fired.

• Kids need boundaries because otherwise they'd go crazy. Adults tend to be a bit more disciplined, less impulsive and more capable of making rational decisions. You'll be an adult one day too, so it's not unfair at all.

• Exaclty!

• @nog642 haha. In a few years you'll understand...

• Understand what?

• I'm not even an adult and I don't exactly want to be one. Someone is paying for my food, clothing, utilities, rent, everything for me. I don't have to worry about most responsibilities.
    You aren't paying for the dog or taking care of it, it's not youe decision. Some adults can't even get dogs. You legally have to go to school and your parents can go to jail if you don't. Dying your hair isn't that amazing, wait till you're 18 and need a job. You have a curfew because you need to go to school and need to have enough sleep to develop. And yes, you are a brat for complaining when someone else is providing for you.

• Exactly! Enjoy being a kid, parents take care of things for you and you don't have to pay bills but you don't get to make the decisions. I would love to have what you have again. @NinaRichGirl: She's right. You ARE being an ungrateful brat. You better enjoy being taken care of because one day, you're going to have to take care of yourself and your parents are not going to do everything for you anymore. You're on your own. Deal with it and enjoy being a fucking kid! I would love to be one again and have my parents take care of me.

• @nog642 My parents set restrictions. And I love my sleep. Soooo I slept! *I'm such a rebellious teen* All of my friends are deprived of sleep and would if they could. Sleep while you can

• Oh trust me I do sleep. But I enjoy knowing that I could choose to stay up if I wanted to.

• I realize that this is likely a troll BUT... Maybe not... my stepsister was EXACTLY like this until she turned 18 and realized that having total independence was more difficult and expensive than she'd thought. Impossible actually. ✌

• I know exactly how much it costs to live independently I've done some looking up and figured out I'll have enough money to pay for stuff so I'm not worried.

• Hahaha Adults are even more restricted than kids...
    Adults have to work, take care of everything - literally. No time for fun - at all.

• Kids have their parents who control them all the time. Adults only have their boss, who is more analogous to a teacher, since they don't control your free time.

• @nog642 You're not getting it, kid... LIFE controls adults. That is if they want to live...

• Life controls kids too...

• Get over it, obey your parents, you are a kid still, respect that they are being the best that they can for you, you are being disrespectful of your parents with the curfew, this is what it is like for all kids, you will not get what you want until you earn it, animals cost a lot of money to feed, vet bills for a small dog for surgery cost hundreds of dollars plus meds for animals are not cheaps. You are not cheaps you cost your parents money and the restnof the kids house food medical etc think of what they gave you in stead of being selfish and greedy...

• Setting an 8pm curfew isn't "the best that they can for you".

• @Kim87 I think you mean "nobody" instead of "no" in a few places there.

• @nog642 yeah well who cares what words i missed when i wrote it, i do have a learning disability just so you know, and since developing diabetes, i have been having a problem where what i think and what i write comes out written differently and no matter how many times i go back over it there is always a mistake in my writing, so i dont wanna be sitting all day long recorrecting every single thing i write... So bye bye...

• Once I'm living under my parents roof. I still have rules to follow even at 21. I'm not allowed stay out all night and not tell ny mother if ill be home or not. We lock the house up at night to prevent break in and if im not home by a certain hour ill be locked out. Listen kid once your living with your parents no matter what age you are, there will always be rules.

• If you're living with your parents as an adult, it would make sense that you can stay out as long as you want. Guess not. Sucks to be you.

• @nog642 yeah Im doing that too. But I still have to go home for summers and after college, you're not guaranteed any sort of great job that will pay enough to live out on your own. So you don't want to slam that door in case you need to move back home for a while after college while you get your career lined up, save up to move out permanently, etc.

• @CheerGirl38139 You're not guaranteed a job but I would try and get one and stay in the same apartment I would live in in college.

But your'e right it's a good idea to stay on relatively good terms with your parents. But it's not necessary.

• Your parents care about you, that's why they don't allow you to do certain things.
    I understand that you want to be free and do whatever you want, but at least you have parents who cares about you. You're lucky :)
    When you get older you'll understand why they act this why.
    Adults can do anything they want because they're responsible for themselves and they know what they're doing. They are aware of the consequences of their actions.

• This is why they have parental blocks for the internet.
    Get over yourself. You're not grown. You're a little kid. If you don't want to listen to your parents then leave, see how well you do on your own.

• Parental blocks? Those aren't very hard to get past. They serve no purpose except being an inconvenience to kids. Well I guess it can stop kids whop don't know much about computers. It must be so hard for them. How would they watch porn? They'd have to go look for their parents' stash of Playboy magazines I guess. If they even had one. So sad...

Of course a 13 year old can't survive without her parents, she's not legally allowed to have a job! If she was, she might do fine without them.

• @nog642 your attempts at solidarity is commendable and amusing. But really, til y'all realize how useless and annoying whining about things like bedtimes, and giving up seats, and - god forbid - getting an education is, y'all aren't grown. Even if she could get a job, would she get picked over older more skilled workers? Doubtful. If you want responsibilities like an adult, ask for them and show your parents that you're ready to be treated like one and maybe they'll indulge. If you haven't realized that not everything is handed to you on a silver platter with step by step instructions, then you're not grown.

• I'm not complaining about a bedtime as I don't have one. I'm stating how having one is useless. I'm not the one complaining about giving up seats as I've never had to. I'm just saying I don't see why you should give up your seat. I'm not complaining about getting an education and neither should the asker be, it's great. And I said she might do fine without them, not that she would to fine. I understand you don't get everything easily.

• Seriously enjoy it that your responsibilities are so little. When you're an adult you'll want these days back. And adults can't necessarily do whatever we want either. Especially parents, because whatever you do they're responsible for it whether it was allowed or not

• Because adults are more mature and are fully developed and kids like you need discipline and guidance because you kids don't know anything about the world and need curfews. Let me tell you something, being an adult is not all fun and games. When I was your age, I thought the same way until I hit 18. The innocence is gone, I can't get away with things you kids can, bills to pay and work. Your parents are doing so much for you and you don't even appriciate that and you are being a selfish spoild brat. You have NO idea how much your parents work and go through to take care of you and have a roof over your head, clothes on your back, health and making sure you are fed. To be blunt, that's why adults dont respect kids like you because of your horrible attitude and behavior. Shut up, do what your parents tell you and deal with it. I would LOVE to be a kid again so stop whining and enjoy it! Sorry to be harsh but it's life. DEAL WITH IT.

• Adults may be more mature but that isn't to say that kids aren't mature. Some kids are very mature (not saying the asker is). Why do kids need curfews exactly? I don't have any innocence left. Kids can't get away with anything. Adults may have jobs but kids have school. College students are the ones who have it tough here, they have both. Bills aren't that hard to pay if you have a salary, which kids don't.

• Soon come, honey.

I can tell you that you're exactly where you're supposed to be in terms of brain development though. So that's good.

Try to enjoy your childhood while you still can. Adults get choice, but they also have much more responsibility and many more consequences.

• I used to think the same way, used to be jealous of my parents and older friends.. And now, I'm an adult and.. Life has gotten significantly harder for me, everything isn't as good as it looked when I was younger.. Feelings fade, responsibilities are an everyday thing and the worst is the loss of freedom due to work. You know, the summer holiday freedom. Freedom to stay up until the morning and to take long walks on warm summer nights... It'a all gone for me. I wish I was 14 again...

• Look I promise you, we can't do whatever we want.

Also appreciate that your parents care enough about you to set rules. They do it because they love you.

And 13 isn't grown, trust me, you still have a lot of maturing to do.

• Well I'm sure she'd appreciate it a lot more if they didn't set rules.

• It means they don't care about it inconveniencing us. They just care whether or not we get harmed. And they don't care what we think about it.

• @nog642 I'm sorry you can't see that it shows they love you, but hopefully you eventually will. Have a nice day :)

• gross, why do you want to be an adult so bad. they have lives that sound horrible, responsibility? i'd rather be carefree and let other people deal with problems. pink with purple highlights? haha ur gonna thank them later on in life

• Because adults can do what they want. DUH!!! Why are telling me to be a kid? Even my best friend was like, "Why the hell do you wanna be an adult? Adults have it so tougher so we don't have to worry about bills. Enjoy the carefree life and stop whining."

• How can you assure me adulthood as harder than high school life when you haven't been an adult yet?

And you're right apparently you can deliver newspapers before you're 14. Problem is newspapers are obsolete and the closest job for newspaper delivery where I live is 20 miles north. It's probably like that in a lot of other places too.

• @nog642 because i have 3 adult siblings who r having a hard time and i get to hear about their stupid mistakes everyday.

• I cannot do whatever I want.
    Also, some adults go to school; and what you see in school is pretty easy compared with what we learn in ours.

• don't wish away your life and adults don't have it easy wait to you have to pay the bills

• Paying the bills can't be that hard when you have a job. WIth a salary. It's just a bit of paperwork.

Kids don't have it easy either.

• @nog642
      not everyone works for a salary. and its not easy to be an adult either. I know where you are coming from I was like you

• You mean people work for free? Like an internship? Of course if you don't have a paying job you might have a bit of a problem paying bills. It's practically impossible.

• Because they're adults... lol

• Are you even serious by asking this question?