Is it normal to get writers block on a plot you already planned out?

I had this idea for two characters already so when I finally get to that point, I got writer's block

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, you just need to get away from it for a while and not think about it, just go for a drive if you can, or a bike ride, bring a notepad in case something comes to you, but just do something completely different than writing

• I do that usually and it works but sometimes I get writers block the next day too

• yeah, you just have to let it be. if you stress out about it, nothing will come. same for me with song writing, if I try too hard, or I'm in the moment trying to come up with a guitar or bass line it rarely, if ever works. if it does work when I try to force it, it usually comes out being crap I don't like. it start to feel like I am forced to write a paper on song writing, than actually coming up with something that feels good and sounds right. I am by no means professional, but maybe it helps, just let it be for longer and don't force it.

• Thanks for MHO!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I get that all the time. Generally I write out the summary or bullet points for the plot, write up all the characters. Then I probably manage to write one chapter and I get writers block lol. Mostly because I want to get to the main juicy parts of the story lol. And sometimes the whole first part of the story goes well and I get to the part I finally waited for and I don't know wtf to write lol. Usually I go and watch some movies and get a bit of inspiration.

• It seems like every cool line I want to use is already taken by popular books

• It's fine, it's impossible these days to write a book which doesn't have similarities to other books since there are millions. Just write it anyway even if it seems like it would most likely be in other books, because you know what, it 99% likely is. 😂

• I keep getting writers block
      I got it yesterday and now today
      I went to write and I don't know how to transition a character into the other. Parts of the book are romance

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's normal to have some problems at that point, because until now you had an idea of general characteristics and physical appearance, but when it comes to explicitly describing how they react to situations you haven't had a chance to explore that yet. Try putting them in interesting or challenging situations that help confirm OR challenge the personalities as you have laid out for them. Maybe they surprise the reader AND you with how some characters can evolve.

What Girls Said 4

• Yup, it is.

• Yes of course. Take a break and go easy on yourself. Then come back when you're inspired

• That is normal for me.

• It's supposed to be a important part in my book because the protagonist realizes that the antagonist is a bad guy so I'm like this sucks

• If your doing a book your way ahead of me.

• It feels like it's taking me forever to write this book

• That always happens to me.