Who do you think is better for the character roll of belle for the beauty and the beast movie?

the trailer

i've seen this discussion in the comment section and i did personally i i am not completely happy because the character does not completely fit the roll my in opinion when you thin about the hole concept of this film, what do you think?

• Natalie PortmanWho do you think is better for the character roll of belle for the beauty and the beast movie?
  • Emma WatsonWho do you think is better for the character roll of belle for the beauty and the beast movie?
  • I've seen a better actress to play that roll

Most Helpful Guy

• Between those two choices, Emma Watson by far!

Ideally, I would have liked a cute brown-haired actress who is actually French to play the role. That would have been awesome considering the setting of the story.

However, the cute brown-haired actress they picked is more than fine with me too. :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Emma is an incredibly smart young woman, so is Natalie. I think Emma's age is more fitting for the role. If they were the same age, it would be hard to pick. I think I would like to see Natalie as Belle :)

I think from the clip, Lumier's voice kinda sucks, but, it was only a few words.

What Guys Said 5

• i vote emma watson simply for the age... Belle is supposed to be 17 or 19 in the original tale (if i remember correctly) they are both extremely beautiful (Natalie Portman being my definition of feminine beauty in it's purest form)
    I love both actresses but Emma Watson should play the role in my opinion

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...46dd53132e.jpg

that lady deserves the roll in the movie

• Emma Watson for sure. She is so suitable for the role

• I love Natalie Portman and think she's amazing on the screen. Emma Watson, not so much.

• Natalie Pittman

What Girls Said 5

• EMMAAAAAAA <3 <3 <3

• What did you think of the teaser? :D

• Hahaha me too! That last shot is so awesome that I watched it over and over. xD Such cool cinematography! I love subtle, artistic teasers like this. They're almost like an art form in themselves. :P

The 90s movie is still one of my favorite movies today, but definitely one of my top music scores ever. So the music in the teaser still gave me teh chills. xD

• @nfigure SAME! The moment I heard the music play I got chills!

• They are both beautiful but Emma fits the age look better. Do you know who is playing the beast/Adam?

• 1|0
  • Emma Watson. Seems like she'd make a great Belle.

Also, love her earrings

• Emma would be better since she's younger and Belle was probably just a teen