I've seen exactly two people here who have even heard of the genre of music called AOR. Surely there must be more than that?

It's a shame that so few people know about this great forgotten genre. If there's ANYONE out there who knows about AOR, I would love to know. Bonus points if you are under the age of 25, because right now, I just feel so alone musically...

Most Helpful Girl

• Album Oriented Rock! Not my favorite genre, but hey, each to their own. I prefer more extreme music like post-hardcore, punk, metalcore, and deathcore, and a lot of pop-punk

Most Helpful Guy

• FUCKING AOR DUDE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp3s35JqYmc

To the guy who said "Wanna cookie"... put the cookie you know where.

And yeah I believe I'm one of those 2 guys you refer to, since I remember you from another question of yours. It's a shame though, because younger generation doesn't listen to music with their ears, but with their buttholes.

• Yeah, you inspired me to ask this actually. I am glad there a FEW people who still appreciate AOR out there. I'm fed up with my generation's music tastes honestly.

• That's why I never listen to the radio.

What Girls Said 2

• Never heard of it...

• isn't it just rock music...

• Well broadly, yes, but it takes elements from other genres like synthpop and hard rock. It has a very unique sound different from "alternative" rock or grunge rock

What Guys Said 5

• Never heard of it. I'm not really into rock music anyway.

• This is the first time I hear of it.

• It's like rock music with synthesizers, guitar solos, and massive choruses. A perfect example is separate Ways by Journey

• Oh in that case I have listen to plenty of it. I just didn't recognize it as AOR.

• Yeah a lot of people don't recognize it until I bring up Journey or Survivor, then suddenly "oh yeah I've heard of that!" There hope after all 😎

• Cool. Wanna cookie?

• Apex Online Racing!

• You mean like prog rock