Futuristic music?

A lot of the music I like feels very post-modern, of the future almost. What can be said for this? Even some recent pop music is starting to sound this way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the beats is what makes the music sound futuristic. Music from DJ Snake and Calvin Harris sounds futuristic to me, also songs like What Do You Mean, Kanye West's 'Stronger', Pill in Ibiza, and Middle by DJ Snake.

• I definitely don't think it's the beats. The beats are percussive elements only. It's the tones and production I feel. Sometimes even the mood of the song. It just "feels" like it's from the future and I dig that. Sometimes it's like the music is from outer space! 😂

• Lol 😄

• Thank you for voting me most helpful girl, even though I was the only girl, lol!

Most Helpful Guy

• You mean trap and house music?

• Not exactly. Even in rock music, metal, pop... electro of course. All sorts of stuff!

• That new Bieber track What Do You Mean? is a decent pop example. I'll try and think of another.

• I told you, it's called house music. Search flicflac or Robin Schultz. Actually, "what do you mean" by da beibs is actually more tropical house, which you would wanna search up any song by kygo. if you add a hard beat like the song, goin down for real by Flo rida, or lol up this dude called Huglife, then that's trap

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe it's a subconscious quality of the music. As technology becomes more accurate at mixing and interpreting sound, everything starts to sound more high fidelity as a result. I think it's a result of the advancing computers and tech we're using to process the sound and compile the songs.

• 0|0
    • Yes and no, even in rock, metal, pop... there's this futuristic feel to the music in some artists music that is becoming more apparent. It just feels so, I don't know, next level. Ahead of its time.

• Real music innovates. Other music imitates.
    Good on ya for noticing the difference.