Who is the most overrated SINGER in your opinion?

For me it's Taylor Swift!
I still can't figure out why she's so popular :/ Her songs are average even childish and annoying sometimes,
her voice is veryyyy average and even her looks are average.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Adele

• Her voice is very distinguishable and whenever I hear it it just seems like watching a movie over and over again. Was good the first time and now it's getting old. All of it sounds the same.

• Thanks for mho

What Guys Said 33

• I have no idea why Meghan Trainor is even popular tbh

• Taylor Swift is definitely one of them.

Nirvana, System Of A Down, Blink 182, Bruno Mars, and after "Dear Future Husband", I lost ALL respect for Megan Trainor.

• I think Nirvana deserved their fame, since people gravitated towards them, despite them actively trying to not be mainstream. Pretty impressive.

Bruno Mars is definitely one of the most talented people in the industry. If there's a throne, he can have it.

I don't know System of A Down or Blink 182 all that much.

I agree with Taylor Swift and Meghan Trainor, yup yup yup.

• There's sooooo many that are overrated :) The one that came to my mind right now is Ellie Goulding. She can't actually sing. I saw like videos of her trying to sing live and she can't do it She has a voice that's super weak but it sounds decent with a edm beat and that's the only reason she's famous. But it only works if she's in the studio and she can basically whisper in the microphone and then they raise the volume :P.

• I agree with you about her songwriting and her voice. But I do think she's a beautiful girl, and I think that explains at least part of her popularity.

• in my opinion many popular pop singers are overrated... but it's also not my kind of music/entertainment

I don't really listen to those so I can't point one out

• Most of the popular singers today are waaaaaay overrated.

• Most are way overrated.

• Beyonce... after leaving Destiny's Child she's been just meh.

• taylor swift and nicki minaj

• Naah, I like her :p

Wildest Dreams ftw

• Neil Diamond.

• Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, all of these

• Nikki Minjja, Justin Beiber, Taylor swift.

• Agreed 110% with everything you said!

• well she's hot not a great body but very pretty indeed, never liked her song and i never thought her voice was something , but people like her.

• Omg I love Tswift!!!

I might have to unfollow you for this Elissa!!😜

• Ariana Grande. I haven't heard many of her songs, but my little sister listens to her and the music is awful.

• If you listen to her non-"radio songs," her music's actually pretty awesome. I don't think she writes it all herself (as many pop artists nowadays can't write their own songs). So, she has good writers XD Some complain about her less-than-stellar vocal technique, though, which is understandable (even though she can have good technique, she does doesn't do it for some unknown reason).

• I doubt she does. A British woman writes all of Beyoncé's stuff.

• GAG is going to kill me for this but... Frank Sinatra.
    I mean, his daughter has a voice just as good as his, while her lyrics have a much deeper meaning.

• Well, she's actually a very good stuff writer. When she was a kid, she won a national poetry competition.
    But I think the most overrated, not singer but musician is the insane clown posse. All they do is try to offend people.

• Barry Mcguire he is not as good as people say he is.

• Madonna

• Your post reeks of jealousy.

• Just all of pop singers in general lol

• Taylor Swift
    Selena Gomez
    Justin Beiber
    John Meyer
    Metallica
    and biggest of all
    Pink Floyd.

• There is none. Taylor swift is not average in anything.

• Everything released in the last 20 years

• Madonna maybe

• Selena Gomez

• Justin Bieber is way overraed

• Ariana Grande is overrated too high pitched for me

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 37

• Right now?

Meghan Trainor
    Taylor Swift
    One Direction
    Selena Gomez
    Justin Bieber

I know some people might (or have) said Beyonce, but she has worked hard to get where she is and she has a lot of ACTUAL talent. She is an amazing performer, an amazing voice and she is also a black R&B/Pop singer who made it to the top. Respect to her. People have also dissed Michael Jackson and said he's overrated, but I disagree with that as well. He is a legend and no one can ever replace the King of Pop.

Now, there is at least one song from each artist I listed above that are overrated to me that I like. I won't deny that. Even so, it's mostly because they have a catchy beat and it doesn't mean they are actually that great of a song. I have heard spectacular songs with real meaning and real heart and soul put into them. The words are beautiful. Sure, a song might have a great message or whatever, but Shake It Off is hardly that amazing of a song. I love the song, don't get me wrong. It's my anthem when I'm feeling down, but it's mainly the beat that keeps things alive, not the lyrics.

Honestly, most pop singers (especially these days) are overrated. Most of them have average voices enhanced with autotune. Everything you said about T-Swift is spot on. The reason why she is so amazing to people is because she is the epitome of what we have been told to believe is "beautiful." She is white, tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She's "perfection." Truth is, she's just another average white girl, but with money and fame, she's just oh so much more than that. ***Not bashing on white people.***

• Rihanna: Her stuff is so repetitive! She wasn't too bad when she first started, but now her stuff is pretty much always about love or sex and always has the same annoying clapping beat in every song

Beyonce: Her vocals are decent but she sings flat a lot and her versions of other people's songs are bad.. Ex: Etta James' "At Last, " and Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American. " She does not have as strong a voice as she would like people to believe she does.

Madonna: she's not a good singer, she can just do a good show and dance, that's why people like her.

Taylor Swift: Nothing special, nothing bad, cliche lyrics, average range.

Chris Brown: He whines on every track. Can't hold a candle to Trey or Usher.

Selena Gomez: Selena can't sing - She's autotuned to sound natural. She can dance, act and has a pretty face which is why her fans are so protective over her. But the truth is that she can't sing and that's that.

Kanye West: Most of his raps are ghost written.

Nicki Minaj: Repeats the same words as passes them off as lyrics because she can't really rhyme. Has copied a lot of little Wayne's style.

Britney Spears: who, like Madonna, has made a career out of catchy pop songs and sex appeal, without a great voice.

Coldplay: way too heavily innflunced by U2 and Chris Martin's vocals are weak and messy.

Janet Jackson: relies on sex appeal and dancing to cover up for her lack of voice and range.

• The Beatles... any of The Beatles. I know they are supposed to be this legend that we all love but I absolutely hate everything they sing.

• Her songs that she writes on her own are lyrical masterpieces. They are catchy. Her so called childish ones are the ones on the radio. Check out her vocals in this video
    https://youtu.be/fMgeasryWr4

• Miley Cyrus. And Nikki Minah

• Beyonce... and Meghan Trainor.

I used to like Meghan Trainor until I realized that the songs she wrote makes no sense. She always said that the music she writes is about her and how she feels. So you want your 'Dear Future Husband' to be okay with your weight because you're 'All About That Bass' but a man better not ever approach you because you'll just tell him 'No'? The fuck? That doesn't make any sense.

• Justin Bieber.
    Like Duhuhuhuhuhuuuuh..

• And maybe her music's good. Are you jealous of her or something?

• Jealous? LMAO
      Not appreciating an artist makes you jealous of them now?

• Well, if people are not allowed to question the talent and fame of celebrities, you better like and appreciate every single famous celebrity out there that made it, because hey! It necessarily means they have talent. Including the kardashian clan.

• No, I just expect slightly better arguments than "her looks are average". The comment on her voice is actually a better start, seeing it does count when she makes music for a living, but in my view still not enough too justify claiming an artist is overrated.

I'm just saying, if you're going to criticize someone, at least make the effort of doing it properly.

• Noooooo!! I love TSwift!

I think Beyonce is suuuuper overrated.

• is this a thread of "name chintita's favorite musicians"? lmfao i like jb [purpose <3], ariana grande [love 'into you'], nicki minaj [best], beyonce [she's good], 1D [decent] etc etc

only ones i don't like are t swift and katy perry

• she's gorgeous

her voice is lovely

i dont likt all her songs, but I admit i like her song called "mean" and "shake it off"

I think you're being too hard on her for some reason

I've seen people less talented

• Tay swift, beyonce, rhianna

• Yeah taylor and katy perry

• Taylor Swift
    Beyonce
    Ariana Grande

They're talented, but nothing to scream about.

• Too many to list. XD

• Beyonce. She just steals her style from overseas singers who aren't known like American singer and brands it.

• Watch what you say.. You might have offended some fan girls @BertMacklinFBI

• Beyonce... in my opinion.

• Taylor Swift eh she's boring to me but kudos for trying but i'm not the biggest fan.

• Beyoncé

Is she really that great?

• For female singers, mine would be Selena Gonez

For male singers, mine would be Adam Levine.

• I like Taylor Swift. 😛

I think that Ariana Grande is overrated tbh

• Taylor Swift for sure

• One direction and yes people do say they can sing 😑

• beyonce for sure

• selena gomez

• Justin Bieber
    Rihanna
    Beyoncé
    Maria Carey
    Jay-z
    Kanye west
    Miley Cyrus
    Taylor swift

• @PSikology-77 you need help from all of us? Especially girls? 🤔🤔

• I don't like Taylor Swift either.
    I think Justin Bieber is overrated too.

• Taylor, Nikki, Miley, Beyonce, Selena, Demi

• Demi Lovato. I don't like her songs or personality

• @QuarterNote I've been bullied, and even though I think it should be an open and acceptable topic to talk about I don't think she has to be talking about it all the time. It remains a problem and should stop, I know. But I just feel like that's all she talks about. Bullying. And she also self harmed right? I never get that. Why mutilate a body you already hate? And then continue to search for a solution to hide the scars?🙂

• I don't know. They must've treated her like total shit then and really scarred her. The concept of self-harm is one many don't understand. All I know is emotional wreckage can make someone do things that sound completely illogical. My guess would be that a bullied person will get so relentlessly harassed that they grow to see the perpetrators as unmovable objects of negativity. So they turn to themselves, blame themselves for everything happening to them, and the hatred they have for themselves drives them to cause themselves pain as a form of self-punishment. But I'm not fully sure, I'd have to ask to a psychologist or something.

• More from Girls
    7