How would you feel if your favorite singer/musician had totally different political views than yours?

Would you stop listening to his/her music? Would you destroy all the material you had from him/her? Would you get up and go to the place he/she appears and beat the shit out of him/her?

What would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like Beyonce's music and think she's a great performer, however I disagree with her 100% about men using the women's bathroom if he "feels" he's a woman. It was a huge turnoff. I won't boycott her music but I just find myself less into her now.

Most Helpful Guy

• What do their political views have to do with their talent?

What Girls Said 2

• It wouldn't make a difference to me, since I don't care about politics. So, I would keep listening to their music.

• I love the Smiths but I disagree with Morrissey about 80% of the time, still love his lyrics and voice though. I don't think you should mix political views with music. If it's good music, it's good music.

• Morrissey and The Smiths are the British equivalent of Kurt Cobain and Nirvana. Overrated to the bone. Never got why so many people dig their music.

• People have got different tastes, you don't have to get it. Morrissey's voice and lyrics make me feel so much, like no other music can.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope. I don't listen to any bands that are heavy on politics anyway - shit like RATM annoys me to no end.