What's so good about Game of thrones? Do you watch it?

It seems like everyone around me is following it, all my facebook feed is about GOT I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't watch it.
Is it really that good?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 62

• hmm, I would say it starts to get pretty good at season 3-4. It has a slow start no doubt, in that sense/fault it has too many characters and story archs that it takes longer than the average serie to really get into it or simply care for the characters. I dont think anyone who have heard it is so "good" would be impressed or hooked after first season, maybe by second, but considring it is what is. Its no doubt well made simply asthetic wise, lots of attention to details and to make it into its own world sort of. Its good at what it tries to be. But dont expect to "fall in love" with the show after the first season, would have to watch more.

• Nah forst season is the best one

• @SleepingSnorlax Well everyone I know who watched the show feels the same anyway.

• Dam you're honestly the first person I've ever heard say that usally people talk about how that start watching it and like it so much that the watch the whole season in a day or two

• i think it's definitely worth checking out. it has action, drama, good writing, strong characters and lots of intrigue

• Except for Dorne. Writing for Dorne has been horrible and I'm glad they ended that plotline in the beginning. The Sand Snakes are so cringeworthy for some reason

• @Entruder i feel in general that since going off book to a large extent the dialogue has sort of gone down hill. and i think without the guidance of the book the story lines have gotten a little uneven... i still love the show though

• It has action, drama, good writing, good story, strong characters and lots of intrigue, political assassinations an betrayal, religion. Plotting and intrigue and politics that goes on between all the different royal houses and characters. On top of having a great story, its also got great effects, costumes and scenery. And it has many mythological creatures or close to em, like dire wolves, zombies/ice people, dragons, actual zombies (wrights) forest elves among other things. And no character is safe from death a ton of main characters that would have lived in other series die in this one.

It's just overall a pretty cool show with many cultures and, kingdoms and royal houses, fighting for control. It's got a little bit of everything and it has an interesting story that you never know were it will take you.

• I tried but got tired of the hype around it so I stopped watching it. The only thing good I can say about it is... i1.kym-cdn.com/.../835.jpg

• It's so people on youtube can make this! (pls embed)
    https://youtu.be/4CTJEZXtr94?t=32s

But it's a great story, it's fantasy and realism combined, there isn't a clear "good or bad side".

• I don't watch it...

https://youtu.be/MCadjRCyhcw

• never watched it, no idea... If I could have all the time back that I spent watching useless TV shows I would. so I don't watch. It is only useful for social discussion typically unless it is educational in some way.

• its honestly one of the best tv shows I've ever watched... no joke. It's good because of all the plotting and intrigue and politics that goes on between all the different royal houses and characters. On top of having a great story, its also got great effects, costumes and scenery, so it really is like watching a movie every episode. It's not for everyone, but if you can handle some of its more bloody moment, i highly recommend it

• I'm addicted to Game of Thrones. The show is amazing. The Medieval environment, fantasy mixed with reality, the indirect references about history, the politics, the plot, everything contributes to make it the best show ever.

• Its just another T. V. drama if you really look at it. However, what makes it unique is the setting. I can't think of any other show that offered such an expansive and detailed perspective of medieval times.

Personally, I watch it because I'm fascinated by the way of life in the Middle Ages.

• only watched the first season for free online.

• It's a good show and very popular but if it's not your type of show or if you've ever seen movies like that (that time period and style) and not really liked them then this show isn't going to change your mind likely and you probably won't enjoy it. If you enjoy or have enjoyed HBO shows in general theyn you'll likely like this also. I'm sure it's not for everyone.

• No. It isn't. Its pretty much all about violence and nakedness and forgot to keep telling a proper storyline among the way.

• Amazing storyline and plot. No cliche evil vs bad, good and evil characters. Everything is grey. Everyone is actually portrayed as humans with emotions and feelings, even Ramsay fucking Bolton.

I started watching back on S4 when I saw it as a high-rated show on IMDB and got hooked after the 1st episode. Read all the books after the season ended and also rewatched S1-S3 to catch up because I had no idea I was watching S4 episodes in the first place. i guess part of what got me so into it was because I was also reading the books.

It's medieval fantasy and it seems to appeal to lots of people these days. The nudity might play a small role, but honestly, this show would still get millions of viewers even if they took out or significantly reduced the amount of nudity. You got sex, drama, dragons, grey characters, medieval action, etc. What's not to love?

• It's one of thise things you hate but you can't stop watching. Just know pretty much nothing good will happen to people you like, if it seems like a bad person is going to get theirs, don't worry, they almost always don't.
    It's a show where you eternally wish for things to happen, but they rarely do.

• it does not do classical story telling, there are multiple stories that are related to each other. also the characters are not fully good or fully evil. like cersei, she is a bitch but she loves her family, sometimes a bit to much. i think it is an interesting series and there is a more deeper meaning to it all i think.

• What's good about it? Why do I watch it? The Blond Dragon Queen is why. 👍

• I do watch but I dunno why tho

• I haven't watched it yet.

• It's pretty good, but I know a few who don't like it.
    It is violent, all 6 seasoms have some form of violence in one way or another
    There is sex, but most HBO shows do.
    Good character building and great story outline.
    You do have to watch from start end to actually get the full characters.

• I've always been a fan on Ancient history (especially late-antiquity) as well as Medieval history and warfare. Game of Thrones does a fantastic job of portraying the Medieval world with a fantasy spin.

• It's like fantasy, war, blood, and sex. Honestly I didn't like it much at first but once you get into the episodes it gets entertaining.

I'd recommend it to you if you have an open mind when it comes to shows.

• Yup its good because everyone dies.

• I don't watch it but I hear you need to get past the 1st and part of the 2nd season during character development before it starts getting good. I did watch the first season and didn't care for it.

• I don't watch it either. I've seen a couple of episodes and meh

• I haven't watched it also.
    I think Prison Break Series are way more interesting than this suka throne games.

• Nope never watched it. I have a feeling that might change tho 😛

• Yeah same here, until I started watching it... No Regrets

• I don't watch it. The show is just sex sex sex, drama, sex sex sex, sex, action, sex sex, drama... the amount of nudes they show is annoying and unneccessary

• I haven't seen the show, but I read the books, and they were fairly interesting.

• More from Guys
    32

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 27

• It's just awesome lol. Intriguing plot, big personality characters, lots of action and drama, fantasy, it's not very predictable (unless you're a book reader), and it's not sanitized the way many shows/stories are when it comes to people's lives. It's not afraid to go dark places and try to make sense out of it. The ones you're rooting for can die, and don't always die honorable deaths. Characters you think are awful in the beginning can become sympathetic later on. Characters perceived as good can cause horrible things to happen. etc.

• Yasss it's so good!!! Give it a few episodes first though and you get hooked. The scenes clothes and everything is incredibly well made and detailed. A lot of interesting characters as well and twists you didn't see coming.
    I loved it even more after the trump parody was made though. 😂😂 I'm not sure you'll get it all since you haven't watched GoT.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=I0tE6T-ecmg

• Yessssss. But the books are better. It's the most "realistic" in the idea that not one person in the books (except maybe Ned Stark) is a 100% genuinely good person. Nobody is. Which is true. We all have flaws, faults, wrongs, demons, and so on. But we also all have good, even if its just a little. These books are honest and show that in all of the characters. They are also the only books I've ever read that can take a character where I've been screaming "Could someone PLEASE kill Jaimie Lannister!" And then in book whatever you're going "please someone save Jaimie Lannister!" There are no solid "good" or "bad" guys really (maybe Joffrey), everyone else is just trying to survive.

• ned stark came home with a bastard son and made his wife look at him until he was so old he could join the night's watch. also he lied about killing that 2 handed fighter, someone else stabbed him in the back.

• @Entruder Haha I hate HBO =(. And I actually haven't finished book 5, there was a lot of Danerys and (don't hang me) I hate her! So I slowed down in it. Gotta finish it. Is Winds of Winter book 6? We get 2 more I think of he doesn't die before they are done. I'll have to try the show. I've seen parts and a few episodes.

• Yea, there's 7 books. There's only The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring left to be released. I know what you mean with Daenerys, even GRRM admitted that he sort of got stuck on it. The "Meereenese Knot" they called it. at least with the show, we know it's going to be finished but it's going to leave a lot of holes for book readers as they cut out and combined several characters. I hope GRRM would be able to finish the books in time though

• I started with the books. The books are amazing, in my opinion. You really fall in love with the lore. And so when the show got really big, by that time, I was finished with the last book. However, haha, my financial status didn't change. And I didn't have HBO. So, I have never watched an entire episode of GoT but I have watched the main bits. It's engrossing, the world is so vast, and there are so many characters to like or dislike. Additionally, it's very visually pleasing.

Now, there are times when I scratch my head at what the show is doing with certain characters or story lines, but I think overall GoT is an incredible show. Watching Dany with her dragons or Tyrion, the Others, and Littlefinger come to life is amazing as a book fan.

• American Horror Story is more my thing. I find it easier to follow, plus it's gorier and more fucked up. It's just a shame so many people are too scared or squeamish to actually give it a go.

I've caught sections of GoT and didn't realise it'd been going for 6 seasons so there goes any chance of me bothering to catch up. Everyone has like three names/nicknames so I couldn't keep up anyway. There was some funny parts in it, with quirky characters but most of it is just rape and naked bodies (probably why all my guy friends love it). I wouldn't force myself to watch it if I didn't like it though, just to "fit in". It's not everyone's thing.

• It's okay. I wouldn't say that the show is anything outstanding, though. It has it's moments and a great cast, though I probably wouldn't watch it on my own. The only reason that I power-watched through the first 3 seasons within 1 week and have stuck by it ever since is because my boyfriend and I watch it together.

• Check out the intro to the show alone; it is stunning, beautiful and filled with startling images and complexity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7L2PVdrb_8

HBO does an amazing job of capturing extreme contrasts: beauty and pain and suffering, cruelty and honor, fantastical plot threads (white walkers and dragons) and earthbound plot threads (affairs and murder plots galore.)

These stark contrasts are there, they reinforce the vast edges of a reality and enable viewer imagination to fill in the gaps.

The net result is an epic show that is hard to stop watching, a complete world that feels both real, magical and totally engrossing and when the season ends there is a big let down.

I'm actually not a huge fan of fantasy (outside of LOTR) so I was not expecting to love this show yet I did.

• i love it~ i'm not a fan of watching tv or movies in general, but got is the only series i have ever watched to completion.

(i'm currently reading the books, and i love those as well. but the show is ahead of the series now, so i'm on pins and needles lol).

definitely give it a chance. it's worth checking out.

• Lost interest after Joffrey died. Not because I liked him, but that's just the biggest "plot" point I recall that happened shortly before I stopped watching.

Just lacks anything interesting.

• It's not that good. I only watch that show when I'm bored. I saw the recent episodes and daenerys did the same thing she did in the New seasons. She burned people and came out naked and unscathed. I thought the show was known for surprises? The kills this season were way too obvious. The only surprising death was the sisters brother and the king from that island

• Never watched it and I never will. From what I've heard and read about seems like its a bunch of porn with high class. XP.

• It's best to read the books and a lot of people that try to read them end up confused, since there is so much dialogue.

In this show there isn't a hero and there isn't a villain, the ones you think are good don't always win.

• The good guys never win, actually.

• I know. Could've been a one time thing, could not have been. He was having those dreams about dragons all the time when he was younger and always wanted one, so it's plausible. I'm sort of neutral one that theory with Tyrion because even Genna Lannister was like "Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you" to Jaime. Tbh I can't wait to see how it plays out, if it ever does. Tyrion was always the most like Tywin and I wonder how his whole arc would be like after if it was revealed he was the child of Aerys and Joanna.

• @Entruder Plus it would also equal the 3 dragons and the 3 of them. I hope this rumor is true. ^^

• I'm currently reading the series. I will watch it after

• it's just trending.. I don't watch it either.. and my friends keeps poking me for it..

• Yeah! Just watch a few episodes and you'll be hooked. Believe the hype!

• Me too I don't watch it. It's a very popular show indeed.
    I mostly only watch chick flick shows, lol.

• I don't know, I don't watch.

• I don't watch it anymore. I only watched like the 1st season I think and the 2nd and then just stopped.

• The show is pretty good and very high quality, but I prefer the books. I would recommend reading the books first.

• @DocHolliday904 Who says they were abusing her? Maybe she just liked sex.

• maybe you should read a little more about her (also, abuse doesn't have to leave a black eye to be abuse)

• The books are pretty good but I haven't gotten around to watching the show yet.

• It's just addictive

• It is pretty good. I used to say this very same thing before I really watched it.

• it has dragons and dragons rule dudes

• The plot. The politics. The action. The acting. The costumes. The intrigue. The drama. The characterization.
    It's an amazing show.
    But... it's a cheap imitation of the books.
    If you're not into watching it, I would recommend you read it.

• i watch it and it is really awesome

• same here girl i dont get it lol

i never watched it either so lol

• No I don't and I don't know