What's your favourite Studio Ghibli film?

Now I'm getting to the end of exam season, I can't stop thinking about going out and buying a whole bunch of Ghibli films. But they're so bloody expensive! >.<

I know there are way more than the poll allows, but I'm putting my personal favourites in the poll- that's rather greedy of me, isn't it? Anyway, feel free to vote "Other" and say your favourite :)

• Princess Mononoke
  • My Neighbour Totoro
  • Spirited Away
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • Ponyo
  • Can't decide / Other
  • Never seen any of them :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Nausicaä, Mononoke and Howls Moving Castle, and also Spirited Away. Those are my top ones. Oh and Laputa/Castle In the Sky. Ahah couldn't decide on 1. I love them all and have them all ❤️

Most Helpful Guy

• It looks like nausicaa is popular . . . I haven't seen all of them but I'd pick

1 Grave of the Fireflies
    2 Princess Mononoke
    3 Porco Rosso

In that order

They aren't that expensive, you can get it for around £5 (used) max £10 for a new copy

CEX would sell them for around that price

have a look on amazon if you want

www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=nb_sb_noss_2

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• I'm watching Porco Rosso right now actually :p
      Never seen them for below £8, even in CEX :(

• I've checked ebay a few times and amazon, but it always seems that the cheap ones are the ones I already have. I guess it's a matter of time as long as I keep looking :)

• That's the spirit, hold on to your dreams and don't give up

What Girls Said 19

• Aw come on, no one else likes Ponyo? But, but... they have such an innocent love, and isn't the little boy such a darling!

• Hauro's Moving Castle all the way <3

49.media.tumblr.com/.../...opgxA91up9y4co7_500.gif

• Who's Hauro?

• I have a mixed opinion of Japan. As an independent thinker, I don't fit there.

• @Fugue Hmm, I feel like as an independent woman, I don't fit there either lol but check out my mytake anyways ;D

• I've only seen 4, can't make a decision so quickly :) Though Howl's Moving Castle has a special place in my heart, and even my mother loved Calcifer. I liked the book too, but should have read first because I couldn't forgive it for not being exactly the same, haha.

Spirited Away is 2nd.

Grave of the Fireflies is a hard to swallow 3rd.

I think I would like a lot more than Ponyo. I tried to watch My Neighbor Totoro but it wouldn't load :'c

:)

• I LOVED My Neighbour Totoro when I was a kid and I also liked Spirited Away. ^^

• Probably The Cat Returns :)

• Ugh, I have too many favorites! It's a toss up between Spirited Away and Kiki's Delivery Service.

• Spirited Away!!!

• Howl's Moving Castle! Or Kiki's Delivery Service! Not listed as an option but it should be :D

• Howl's Moving Castle <3

encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images

• I like all of them but Spirited Away is my all time favorite movie. I watched "Whisper of the heart" again :)

• Totoro
    Favorite movie as a kid! Still have it.

• why not watch them online?

• spirited away <3

• Defs Howls Moving Castle <3

• Howl's Moving Castle is one of my faves

• I like Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke

• Princess Mononoke is my favorite.

• Howls moving castle is the only one I've seen so I voted for that one

• Howl's Moving Castle

What Guys Said 16

• Out of these I'm going with Spirited Away.

Princess Mononoke was interesting but the character relations felt somewhat forced, Howl's Moving Castle didn't really make any sense (especially the end! Main protag girl's actions made no sense, and neither did going through the black door and seeing all that trippy crap)

But Spirited Away was well-designed and cute but still interesting with its own hidden messages, so I'm going with that.

P. S. Have not seen Totoro

Also haven't seen the newer movies like The Wind Rises even though I've seen it has really high scores and reviews

• media3.giphy.com/media/yNl4vZ7aGoI1O/giphy.gif

Nausicaa of the valley of wind.

I have all 36 issues of the original Viz English printing of the manga.

• The movie literally only covers the first four issues of the manga, so about 1/9 of the whole story.

• Yes. They asked him to do a manga, and then later asked him to make an anime of it. The manga continued long after the movie was made.

• I'll have to look into that :)

• It will alway be Princess Mononoke!
    I really love that movie, And they went above and beyond on the English translation <3

• Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away... can't decide! All so good 😭😭😭

• The Cat Returns, Spirited Away, Mononoke and Howl's are the ones I personally got in collection, but yeah they are incredibly expensive.
    I have seen and liked most of Ghibli movies until around when Arrietty came around.

The only ones I didn't particularly like is the Yamadas and that one movie about the woman in the countryside because I don't need that kind of drama in my life.

• Hmm Princess Mononoke but i watch howls moving castle. His newest film, the wind rises, is really well done as well.

• Man I knew it was going to be close between spirited away and princess mononoke. Those two are fairly magical experiences.

• I know I fail at life, but the only one I've seen is The Wind Rises.

• They're all the same story, same characters, just different skins and places. They're all far too long, and far too boring.

• That's a rather pessimistic view isn't it? I can't see how Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo have the same storylines :/

• They're the same storyline.

• Some have similar stories, I'll give you that. But far from all of them. That also still doesn't detract from the visual works of art that they are. As I said before, I fail to see how, say, Ponyo and Spirited Away have the same storyline :/

• Princess Mononoke. That was the 1st Studio Ghibli film I ever saw and will always have a special place in my heart

• Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
    Proco Rosso

• Naussicaa and the Valley of the Wind. Amazing film.

• Oh c'mon it's GOT to be Spirited Away!

• Howl's Moving castle.

• Spirited away, I made my niece and nephew watch it. They loved it too. Great movie.