Is it weird for a 20-year-old to read YA and Teen Fiction books?

So, this isn't all I read, but every now and again I enjoy a Young Adult series or novel. I do read books in my demographic, but I still love to read The Mortal Instruments and the Uglies trilogy. I also read an interesting book by Eric Walters, 'End of Days.'

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Not weird at all. Young Adult books are pretty much the best for finding all the unique ideas and fun adventures.

Like somebody else said, adult books are mostly romance and chic flicks.

Young adult you get things like 'Fighting Ruben Wolfe' and 'The Puddle Jumpers' (I think thats the title.) 'The Last Vampire'
    'The Secret Garden' 'A Place Of Secrets'
    'The Mysterious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time'

All awesome books. You should check them.

What Guys Said 9

• Adults are going nuts for the Hunger Games and Divergent series, and I loved Ender's Game (still do) and that's technically YA, too.

• Nah not at all. There is a user on here that reads children's books yet... her name will remain nameless!! 😛

• Yeah it's loser status shit. Really anything geared to women from 20-30 is still teenager level shit. You want to be someone that reads good shit? Read nonfiction and philosophy. Research, make yourself better more than making yourself feel better or using a book as escapism.

• YA is just a classification used to sort books. All books are just stories. They all have different plots. YA and "Adult" books are just labels people have put on them. They're ultimately different stories that authors intend to have read. It's not weird at all. It's just the type of plot you enjoy reading. We like cake when we're a kid and when we're an adult. Cake has different flavours just like books. Same idea :)

• All Harry Potter fans raise your hand to show its ok to read these

• No cause most likely a old lady wrote the book
    Is it weird for her to read them or write thwm

• Also me perosnllh I go see kids movies like zootopia I don't give fuck.

I'm a illustrator but most people won't lnkw that they'll be like why is this 23 year old man in a Disney movie.

I love cartoons.

In your case I'm also a amateur writer. I love Yound adult genre.
      The vampire diraies is one of my fav shows of all Tims

• Hey, I'm the real Lelouch!

• @ThePetSquirrel tell that to my suzaku stalker on this site

• Not particularly.

• Do you read Artemis Fowl, too?

• It sounds familiar, but I actually never came across reading it. I'm pretty selective about which books I read.

• That's a shame, I remember enjoying that as a teen. You should be moving onto Lovecraft down the line, though. It's not written for teens but it's sort of a rite of passage at this point.

• I used to do that. The writing is good. Saxon words vs cash grab.

What Girls Said 13

• No, I don't think so. I'm still a fan of the Harry Potter books, and the Hunger Games series. I don't read YA as often now, but still.

• Nope. It's literature, and many times it's popular. Who cares? Read what you want girly.

• At 20 years old, you are still a young adult. You can read whatever you like. I love The Very Hungry Caterpillar book, I'm 16 and that book's target audience/readers are 2 to around 5 years old. I read books from genres like Sci-Fi, Teen Fiction, True Stories, Fan-Fictions, Romance, Comedy. Read whatever you want.

Who's been telling you it's weird?

• I don't think it's weird. I'm in my 20's and I'm currently reading Perks of Being A Wallflower. I found it in the section of the library that said "TEEN". A good book is a good book. Enjoy reading! 🤓

• I sometimes read my boyfriend's kids' YA books. I am well into adulthood and I have love classic and challenging literature, but sometimes it is just pleasant to spend a breezy summer afternoon with a simpler book... Things that are well-written are well-written, no matter what age they're for.

• Nope, nothing wrong with that. Those books are written by people far older than you. You could read elementary school picture books with the right mindset. Why not?

• ofc, i still watch cartoons sometimes nd im 23 lmfao

• I still do too, though I'm finding that I don't really relate well to the realistic high school YAF. There's not really anything written for my age group so I'm not sure what to read. I have started writing for my age group though.

• Post me your first book when it's published.

• Likewise. Also, the New Adult books (which look to be a not-so-much broad selection) seem to be based on romance or a typical chick flick genre. I really have to look into what's out there, though. And that's awesome, keep up with your writing :D

• No! You're barely out of your teens and the authors are all way older.

• No it isn't weird, it would be weirder if you read a book you didn't like in your spare time

• No lol its a book. Read what you like. I enjoy the saddle club books still... They're written for 12 year olds.

• No young adult is popular among young adults which you are

• Nope, I don't think so.