Why are metal heads so unappealing to girls?

Every time I tell someone, especially girls they give me the "omg I bet you burn down churches too" look. Why can't I find any girls into metal?

Most Helpful Girl

• my boyfriend and i are both metalheads~ we like different types of metal, but he's the only one i've ever dated who has the same taste in music as me (and i was 27 when i met him).

there are lots of metal-loving ladies out there; good luck finding one!

Most Helpful Guy

• Judging by your profile pic, I don't think it's the aesthetics scaring women away, as you don't look anything like a stereotypical metalhead. But in response to your question, I think a lot of women see metal and its fans as rather seedy. Guys with long hair, beards, and dark clothes are seen as scruffy or undesirable by many, and women may steer clear of them because of that.

They also tend to like the music less, and even if you find a girl that's a "metalhead", they're even more likely to be poser than a guy who says the same. The few girls I've met who claim to like metal usually mean nu-metal, core, or corporate buttrock, which is as far from metal as you can get. The ones that do listen to actual metal usually only listen to the hits of the most well-known bands (Maiden, Priest, the big four, etc.) and have terrible taste in gear if they play an instrument themselves. I have yet to meet any chicks I'd actually consider metal, so you're not alone in that.

They'll happily get boozed up and shake their asses to the newest linear pop sing with 4/4 time and the same annoying beat throughout, but would call a band like Demolition Hammer or Morbid Saint "noise" or "talentless". It sucks.

What Girls Said 16

• Metal heads aren't exactly unappealing but they're severely misunderstood. I am a metal head and often times I get asked if I worship Satan, kill people etc. I was even asked once if I was in a gang! A GANG! I am a 5'3 little 100 pound little white girl.

Yes there is a sub genre of metal specifically for the Devil and shit, literally called Satanic Metal, but that's all. These women who state things such as "I bet you do *insert illegal/immoral act here* too", those are women who're generally very uneducated whenever it comes to something that isn't Rap music and starbucks and bad fashion taste.

The women who say shit like that are women you shouldn't be concerning yourself with. I'm a metalhead, but I'm not gonna stereotype someone because of the music they listen to. If you can find a girl into metal, be careful because there's only 2 options. 1. They're bitchy and scary or 2. theyre sweet and innocent. A rare 3rd option is they're a mixture of both (such as moi haha)

• They're not always, but I guess it's stereotypes? I love that my boyfriend is into metal, it gives us something in common.

• Im not as full metal head as my guy is.. but i enjoy it too.

A lot of people just have misconceptions.

• i dont think it's the people. I'm just not into the music.

• There are some girls into metal but they are very few. Its just not our type of music. Its so noisy and honestly sometimes scaring XD so yea, besides its called "the music of the devil" for that scary reason so I guess thats the answer 😅

• I love metal heads for I am a metal head.

• You seem to be approaching idiots. That's your first mistake...

You're seventeen, there are plenty of seventeen year old girls into rock and metal. They're usually easy to spot too on account of the "look" most have.

• The music is unappealing to me but not the people who listen to it.

• Says who? I'm somewhat a metal head, tho I'm not too much into that whole black and/or death metal scene.

• in all honesty, take their shit talking and stick with what u like. most people will respect that.

• I like some heavy metal (I'm more into hard rock) and I do like the look that metalheads have. You just need to keep looking.

• @sweethomicidalqueen care to give some input?

• I guess you just aren't looking hard enough. I know a couple of female metalheads, including myself

• Maybe because it sounds like a repetitive car crash...

• Metal heads are strange motherfuckers

• "omg I bet you burn down churches too" look.
    ⬆⬆⬆ ⬆⬆⬆
    Lmao 😂😂😂👏👏👌👌

What Guys Said 10

• I know some girls who are "metalheads." Well, at the very least they like metal music. Many people who enjoy metal music don't fit the stereotype and look of a metalhead though. Likewise, many people who like metalheads are not into metal.

So I guess you can't really figure out someone's music tastes based off the way they look.

As for the reaction, the more radical stuff you listen, the less people will also listen to it. Metal is seen as very extreme to some people and even others associate it with satanism/profanity (ironically rap has more curse words)/extremity/violence. I don't think it is the fault of girls though, since som guys hold that view. It has mainly to do with simply the personal preferences.

It's like if I told a traditional metal fan that Attila is the heaviest and best metal band and Pantera with "Walk" is weak and awful. They'd probably stare at me and slap me or give me a "wtf is wrong with you look."

• there's stigma attached to metal heads due to all the stereotypes. You have only 3 options.

1) Stop describing yourself as a metal head
    2) Date metal heads
    3) Keep looking until you find a rational human being, who is open to new ideas and experiences.

• perhaps because there is a belief that metal heads may be overly aggressive because the style of music is aggressive.

that's just one potential reason and of course that would be an unfair generalization

• just educate them on what metal is. i have found girls that do apreciate metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU this is metal, start with dio.

• Look for the girl with the pixie cut n the black clothes mostly likely wearing old converse. She will also have about 1200 wrist bands.

• you are looking at the wrong place ;) in france a lot of girls love metal bro ;) oh and i understand you... for a long time girls only told me "metal isn't music, it is just screaming into a microphone"

• There are girls that like metal. Try a tough tomboy

• You're talking to the wrong girls.

• I didn't even know they made metal anymore...

Also, a particular kind of music isn't exactly important...

• Who knows bro