At what age does it become odd to be asked for ID?

This is assuming we're talking about an 18+ ID
Any young person who wants a night out or sometimes to just buy a game or movie needs ID to prove they're over 18. Eventually you should reach an age where you no longer need it as people can see you're old enough.
So at what age would you say it's normal to no longer be asked for 18+ ID?

• 22 or 23
  • 24 or 25
  • 26 or 27
  • 28 or 29
  • 30 or 31
  • 32 or 33
  • A different age (Comment below)

Most Helpful Guy

• 35+ I think in my state the general unspoken rule is that you card anyone that looks older than 30. I say 35 plus because a 33 year old woman can look 28.

• 'I think in my state the general unspoken rule is that you card anyone that looks older than 30. '

Where I live it is a litteral law that you ID anyone who looks under 21 or 25 (It seems to vary from place to place) There's signs up everywhere and everything

• Tha KS for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say people in their thirties. Those in their twenties can still look pretty young.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think it's ever odd. In my experience once I turned 18 I was annoyed when I get asked for ID. especially when none of my friends were being asked. It could be quite embarrassing. As I got into my 20's I got used to it and accepted it. It started happening less & less. Now I'm in my 30's. I get quite happy when asked as it means people think I look younger than I am. Sadly this doesn't happen often anymore.

• In Belgian streets and parks you have to show your ID card at first request to any cop, at any age.

• People tend to look younger than they are, and some people tend to look older than they are. I would say anyone older than 25 shouldn't be asked for an ID.

• Probably 45, yeah looking younger is nice and all but if your 45 and you get carded for smokes, which legal smoking age is 18, thatd be pretty bad

• When buying cigarettes and lottery I've never been carded for that 18+, drinking age is 21 here and I get ID'd regularly. I hope I lose my baby face by the time I turn 30.

• I've always been asked since I was 21. They never bothered before then.

• I still get carded regularly at my age...

• My cousin is 36 and he is still asked for his ID when he orders alcohol at restaurants.

• when my mum was 40 she got asked for id lel

• To buy alcohol where I live you need to be 19.

I got carded twice last winter. I'm 40.

• That's close enough, but that's impressive lol. You must look really young :D

• I look slightly younger than my age, but not much. I was pretty happy though ;)

My wife was actually pissed off.

• Why was she aha?

What Girls Said 3

• I get carded often sometimes I'm flattered, other times it's obvious I'm my age and I get annoyed. #RBF

• my sister is almost 30 and she always gets asked for ID when she trys to by alcohol and lottery tickets! LOL.

• There's no answer because it doesn't matter what your actual age is, it depends on how you look. A 23 year old will probably be carded because they look young. A 30 year old with a baby face will be carded. A 25 year old who looks kinda old probably will not. And of course there are some places that card everyone as a policy, no matter how old you look.

• That was my point really. Most people look their age, but sometimes a few will be baby-faced as you said. So basically what is the age most people will stop getting ID'd and therefore if you still do, you look young

• my point is that there isn't an age when most people stop getting ID'd. Probably once you're in your 40's and 50's, but plenty of people under that age don't get carded, and like I said a lot of places have the policy to card everyone, even 90 year olds.