New Starwars movie was a SJW/Feminist propaganda piece. Agree/Disagree?

The female Rey, is the most underdeveloped character yet in over 14 hours of Star Wars films. Her story arc is practically-speaking non-existent and only the veneer of her sadness about her family leaving her on Jakku is painted over it. Whereas with other major Force-wielders in the series their abilities have previously developed or are developed over years, Rey seemingly does it in less than 12 seconds, rather than parsecs. Her whole trajectory in the film reeks of “god mode”, which for non-gamers like myself refers to the cheat codes that make a game character invincible.
Big question: did she fart in the wind on Jakku and the blowback from the desert winds grew her Force powers to monolithic proportions? That’s the only possible explanation.
Two hours into the first film, with no training, Rey beats Kylo Ren. So I am meant to believe that Rey could savage and nearly kill her presumed cousin Kylo Ren, whether he is injured or not? Ren is not yet a Vader in his powers. That much is clear. But this is the man who helped slaughter, as a boy or teenager, basically all of the talented pupils of Luke Skywalker. Luke then disappears and Kylo Ren is given more or less free rein, only to be wounded once by Chewbacca’s crossbow, once by apparently non-Force-sensitive Finn (“This is for slavery, whitey!”) and three times by Rey (“Fuck the patriarchy!”). Fuck off—that’s a plot fueled by meth.
To boot, Rey’s piloting and mechanical skills, to the point of knowing everything, is mind-boggingly “get more women in STEM” in its motivations. When she starts teaching Han Solo about the Falcon, things become breathtakingly contrived. It’s as if Abrams was paid by a female science scholarship foundation to drum up some public service announcements via film.

• AgreeNew Starwars movie was a SJW/Feminist propaganda piece. Agree/Disagree?
  • DisagreeNew Starwars movie was a SJW/Feminist propaganda piece. Agree/Disagree?
  • Didn't see it yet

Most Helpful Guy

• It's subtle, so most won't even notice it.

To be fair, she does mention to Han that the Falcon had been heavily modified by those who stole it from Han. So therefore, there were parts on its deck he didn't recognize. That being said, she did seem to know more than her fair share about the ship.

The degree to which Rey learns to connect with the Force is inexcusable. That much, I agree with. Not even Ashoka Tano became that talented with the Force that early, and she trained directly under Anakin! Also... Maz made a better Yoda than Yoda, and did it without being an asshole like Yoda was!

The far-left agenda indeed damages everything it touches. Directors who have too much need to push its dogmas cannot leave anything be. Star Wars may be able to survive Abrams' rape of the mythos.

But remember when Andrew Adamson directed Prince Caspian? Critics and Lewis aficionados hated the end result so much, Disney was forced to give the franchise's distribution rights to Fox under a new director!

And Fox's take on Dawn Treader was so... Fox-like... that The Silver Chair has yet to be released. Narnia lovers said "F* this shit!" and went back to the BBC/Wonderworks version.

Feminists murdered Narnia, then raped its corpse. Star Wars... might be able to survive.

What Girls Said 5

• I will admit I didn't see it, but why is it "bad" that women and non white people took major roles "good guys", yet if it's the opposite, none of you "anti diversity" guys give a fuck?

I'll tell you what I've been told my entire life as a female and Hispanic, growing up and seeing nothing but men and white people serve major roles and "good guys", shut up and enjoy the movie. If you're focused more on the actors than the characters, it's your problem, not the directors.

• where was the diversity? Should an English speaking film no represent a demographic of all the world's English speakers. Why is there no more white anglo saxons on Hispanic programs in America?

• Sure. Now enjoy Star Wars

• @Asker
      I though Poe Dameron the hispanic character WAS FUCKING AWESOME

• Rey was a mary sue and didn't have much of a developmental arc, but besides that star wars has always depicted the bad guys as nazi styled fascism so i don't mind that. Finn is a great actor, i've enjoyed him in other things so can see him hired on merit, reys actor im not too sure about.

• So all white males are facists and minorities need to be led to victory against white male oppressors by young women who discover their power and know everything about everything and can do anything despite a lack of knowledge or training.

• Nowhere did i say or imply that. I'm saying the star wars films have always had the enemies be reminiscent of nazi germany, and them continuing to do so now is a homage to the original trilogy and keeping it thematically similar.
      I preferred finn to rey anyway and wish we had more poe x finn scenes because those two had great chemistry and poe was really cool.

• Why is it inconceivable to people that filmmakers want to tell stories with non-white and non-male protagonists? Like, are white males the only people who have stories worth telling? Please. Enlighten me. I want to know why you think that a story about anyone other than a white male is pandering to other audiences.

• I think it was just a movie...

• or was it left wing propaganda painting white men as the enemy

• It's just a science fiction film.

• and mein kampf was just a book

• Fascistism confirmed

• Whatever you say, Blue Anon.

What Guys Said 15

• Why is it so bad to have a strong female character? You have so many movies where the guy is a hero and saves the day and no one bats an eye, but you have one movie where the hero is a woman and everyone loses their minds and starts shouting PROPAGANDA! MALE OPPRESSION! FEMINISTS ARE DESTROYING OUR LIVES!

• Rey was not sympathetic at all. She was a bitch. They are under attack, Finn tries to pick her up and lead her to safety and she's more concerned with him not taking her by the hand. All through, her bitchiness and accent and Mary Sue qualities did NOT have me rooting for her to escape nor to win. Luke was also a whiny little turd turned prodigy, but at least it made sense when you saw how he lived, you saw him struggle with lightsabers and the Force early on, and his super piloting skills were partially explained by the fact he had been flying for years back home (and was preparing to join the Academy to train formally as a military pilot)

Contrast with Finn, who you immediately feel for when he watches his squadmate die gruesomely in his arms and goes into shock... and is then treated with suspicion by his superiors.

Is it propaganda? Maybe. Note that in the old trilogy, the Rebels were almost uniformly American while all the evil Imperial officers were British.

• A poor underprivileged white girl literally jumps into a ship and can fly it like a fighter pilot, then she's instantly an expert mechanic who knows everything, then she defeats the main villian whos a powerful sith trained in the force for years after picking up a lightsaber for tge second time in her life and is supported by an ethnically diverse team of comrades but opposed by evil white but cannot be racist herself because she had a thing with a black guy once. Does that not sound like this movie is targeted at feminists?

• Not so much feminists as ticking off boxes to ensure they meet diversity criteria. I know humans are one of the most populous species in the Star Wars universe but almost everyone in this story was human! I'd hate to see the ethnicity questionnaire to apply for a job with Sienar Fleet Systems, it must be 20 pages long, since it has to include both green and blue varieties of Twi'lek.

You might enjoy this:
      interrobangstudios.com/comics-display.php

• why can't people just enjoy a fucking film anymore? its star wars.

not pointing at you asker

• I didn't enjoy it because there was one scene that was pure blasphemy.

And it was a rehash of episode iv

and that lightsaber fight between kylo and rey was just... nonsense...

• That's basically what I heard, plus it's just a poor rehash of Episode IV, which is why I didn't bother to see it and won't be.

• It was made by J. J. "The King of cucks" Abrams, So what did you expect.
    That sissy has made a career on SJW propaganda and sucking the black wang.

• She's a bit of a shit character, but no.

• Rey being a woman is completely irrelevant to the film. B.

• Shut up you're giving us white people a bad name when you say that its racist and sexist for having black and female leads
    And just going to throw this out there
    Luke became the strongest jedi basically over night
    Rey was def one of the students luke had before kylo killed them all thats why he says "you" when he first sees her
    She prob had her mined wiped or some thing I don't know

• overnight he was beaten in empire and nearly died in Jedi

• He was able to beat his father who has been training for basically his whole life and was considered one of the strongest jedi ever
      Luke is my favorite character but dont pretend like him becoming a jedi knight so fast wasn't unrealistic

• after years of training not within the space of two hours

• whatever you say, i loved the movie we get to see a hot girl learn the force and kick ass, which is hot especially when a girl holds her own, like Lara Croft in Tomb Raider. and yet still be feminine.

• How do they dare?

• Who cares at this point the movie was months ago.

• bit of a shame that kylo is such shit I mean he's not threatening and has no real villain quality and got dicked by a nobody imagine if luke beat vader in a new hope how shit would that be.

• Have you forgotten what shit Anakin was doing when he was a kid? A fucking kid... She's an adult.

• Yeah, because Luke was such a developed character in his first movie back in the original star wars. It's her first movie dude, she needs to have her past slowly shown to give her character growth. That's how good story telling works. You wanna see feminist and SJW bull crap? Look at the new Ghostbusters. But episode 7 of star wars is not propaganda. I like the new characters and can't wait to see their adventure unfold.

Not to mention that Rey is most likely Lukes baby girl and she had her memory cleaned when he left. So obviously he trained her when she was young, with her memories coming back to her after touching Lukes old light saber. And the reason she won against kylo ren is because when he went crazy and killed off Luke's other students, he never finished his training and has never actually fought another force user.

• that actually makes sense but we will have to see.

• Don't care. It was a great movie and I'm looking forward to the next one