What instrument do you think is the hardest to learn?

I know it's a really random question but I'm learning to play the Ukulele and Guitar right now and I gotta say the guitar is very hard but I will not give up and I'm making progress with the Ukulele too and I'm just curious as to what instrument listed above you think is the hardest to learn?

• Guitar
  • Ukulele
  • Piano
  • Violin
  • Clarinet
  • Flute
  • Drums

Most Helpful Girl

• I play the piano, ukulele & violin. I took many years of piano & I had no lessons for the ukulele or violin. I almost want to say in the long run, piano is harder because you can do so much. Violin was hard to pick up but once I got the hang of it, it was a breeze for me from there. Ukulele was easiest, by far. I tried the guitar but I was small hands & I find it hard to do chords on my acoustic, so I gave up.

• That's the problem with people who try to learn the guitar, they quit too early. It takes a lot of time, dedication and frustration to learn the guitar

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no right answer for this. They're all difficult at a high level. I'd say piano is unique in that it's self-accompanying and requires a greater level of coordination, especially for playing over complicated left-hand rhythms.

What Girls Said 12

• All instruments have their own challenges. I think stringed instruments like violin, viola, cello, double bass, are on par with woodwind and brass instruments to play WELL. Because these instruments have extra elements.

Eg, violin and guitar both require fingering and two hands. But a guitar is fretted and you aren't holding an additional piece of wood in the air unsupported.
    Woodwind and brass both require breathing to be spot on and mouth position.

Just my thoughts. I play violin, piano, guitar, bass, ukelele and sing.

• And my brother plays trumpet, cornet and beugal

• I used to play the trumpet but due to the worsening of my CF I couldn't play it anymore. When it got better it had been several years so I decided to just start new instruments and so I have

• No judgement from me. I can't play wind instruments but I seem to be good with strings.
      Violin was my first, I'm grade 7 on violin. Stopped after I broke my wrist

• I think the Cello is extremely hard which is exactly why I want to learn

• The violin and flute are VERY hard to learn.

• The violin is hard... I have been playing for 4 years and I still occasionally sound like a dying walrus...

• Violin in my opinion

• The violin is super hard after you play a few years. You have to shift, play eighteenth notes and so much more

• I've never played violin but based on what I've heard thats what id say

• Guitar is the hardest out of these

• not really, look up the "CAGED" system. depends on the guitar too, nylon string, vs acoustic, vs electric. i think electrics more difficult because harmonics are used more extensively and requires palm muting techniques.

• @666threesixes666 No matter what guitar it takes a lot of time and dedication

• Probably piano maybe oboe.

• They say violin is the hardest because you sound like crap for years.

• Saxophone, it's my favorite instrument. If I hear a street performer with one, I always tip.

• Piano isn't very difficult as long as you have long fingers (which I don't). Clarinet is actually really simple. Flute is pretty hard for me but I've barely touched a flute. Drums are easy for virtuoso people but if you're not very virtuoso then you'll probably struggle a bit. To be honest I know almost nothing about the Ukulele or the Guitar but my friend says they're both easy for her so I don't know.

I picked violin just because most people I know who play the violin really struggle with it.

• The guitar requires a lot of time, dedication and frustration to learn. The Ukulele is also difficult but is much easier but you need to be very quick with your fingers

What Guys Said 5

• I play guitar, piano, and a little drums. Right now I am working on learning the bagpipes, a complicated instrument that is not eady. The hardest so far.

• I think drums, ice played the rest of them for a small period that or guitar

• Clarinet. I don't know, I just don't get it

• I think piano is the hardest,
    It's not very hard to perform, but the hardest to compose and improvise

• I think drums are the hardest to get really good at. But violin is harder on a basic level