How long did it take you to learn to sing?

I want to learn to sing myself but I don't know how long it will take.. I know that singing is different for each individual but how long did it take you to learn how to sing

• weeks
  • 1-4 months
  • 6-8months
  • 1-2 years
  • other

Most Helpful Guy

• I really don't know.. I always sang along from when I was a young boy, and I just so happened when I got older, to still enjoy singing. I know that there's voice coaches out there, though. You shouldn't be limiting yourself with time, however, if you truly want to sing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of just taught myself, maybe took me a few years to become decent. If you're serious about it, then you should take lessons. Teaching yourself can actually be bad in the long run if you end up using the wrong techniques that strain and damage your voice. And not everyone can be taught to sing of course, it has to come at least somewhat naturally. Some people are just tone deaf.

• i was thinking about praticing by watching singing tips on youtube

• If you're serious about it though, you might want to take real classes instead, so that you can get actual feedback from a teacher.

What Guys Said 9

• I've been singing for years. I guess I "learned how to sing" at an early age using Guitar Hero (you'd be surprised at how good those games are for teaching you how to pitch a note) but if you were really dedicated, it might take you a few months to get to a decent standard. Are you asking about singing in a band, reading from sheet music or just singing along to the radio?

• You shouldn't look at it that way. That's the mark of a quitter. If you are determined to become a good singer, you won't be putting yourself on a timetable.

It probably took at least a year before my range began to increase substantially, my breathing was correct, and my voice was placed properly. But as I said, time isn't important, and you'll go at your own pace. Seeing a vocal coach is very helpful, as well.

• Basically, I think it is nature but there are people who sing suck indeed. a teacher told me, how do some people accept absolute pitch. So teacher may study on it.

• Many years of doing impressions of my fav singers
    Didn't try
    Just kinda happened
    Not very good though

• Never learned how to sing.

• I can't sing

• I don't know, I guess I was just naturally able to sing. But ofc practicing does help. Just keep trying.

• It's definitely took me years of refinement and practice. I was able to sing in tune at an early age, but reaching higher notes, carrying my notes, and learning how to do runs and vibratos took work.

• Your probably a good enough singer compared to the so called talented ones today. Nicki minaj, Justin beaver and meghan trainer all suck but people listen to them all the time

What Girls Said 10

• You dont ever really stop learning. The older you get the more your voice matures and changes. I started singing as a kid and I sound much different now. If you're really asking how long did it take to improve, about a year or so in my school choir. But I'm always improving and you never stop

• no one taught me. i just learned it myself. i dont think the talent is something that can be taught tbh. maybe it can, i dunno, I'm no expert.

• Years... to be phenomenal. But, learning how could take a few weeks or months. You use your diaphragm, not throat. Just remember that!!

• Depends on yourself and the teacher. A minimum of 6 months.

• I just sing... there was no learning

• I began singing in school choir at 11 years old. I was in public school choir for 8 years. I have always been an alto and I began to be able to sing higher by the age of 17. I took voice lessons in high school too

• It's not hard to sing just need to be able to tune your own voice.

• I'm not much help with this because I have always been able to sing. But i have been taking lessons trying to perfect my voice and knowledge of music theory for years.

• I never had to learn

• 3 years to be at a professional level