Do you get bored if movies are reallllyyyy long like the Lord of the Rings'?

• Hell no
    58% (14)75% (12)65% (26)Vote
  • Yeah 😴
    42% (10)25% (4)35% (14)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|10

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the movie; it's just like Albert Einstein said:

""An hour sitting with a pretty girl on a park bench passes like a minute, but a minute sitting on a hot stove seems like an hour." xD

For example, "THE GREAT ESCAPE" (1963) is a movie --- nearly 3 hours long --- about a bunch of Allied prisoners of war trying to escape from a German prison camp during the Second World War. But it definitely doesn't feel like 3 hours; it's probably one of the best-paced movies I've ever seen in that sense!

therealgreatescape.com/.../the-great-escape.jpg

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really, the length doesn't matter. If the movie is really terrible and I'm bored, it can be short and I'd want to just stop it. It's rarely happened, though. I have the extended version of the LotR trilogy, and other movies that I enjoy. I can watch it all the way through, so long as I'm interested.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Well Titanic, one of my favorite movies, is three hours and thirty minutes long. By contrast, the lord of the rings movies are two hours and fifty-eight minutes (part 1), two hours and fifty-nine minutes (part 2), and three hours and twenty-one minutes (part 3). So no, long movies don't necessarily bother me if the plot has my interest. An uninteresting plot on the other hand would make an hour and a half film completely unbearable.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie and how it is made. The first two Lord of the Rings were all good. The third was a disaster. 1 hour to get to this fucking volcano and another hour having a teary good bye for fucks sake.

1|1
    0|0
    • Not to mention the gazillion false endings in that last movie. "Oh you thought it was over? GOTCHA SUCKA!"

• Not really, and Lord of the Rings is an very good trilogy, and it could had been a series, because there is more more lore in Lord of the Rings that wasn't shown in the films.

2|0
    0|0
  • Hell no I love LotR

1|0
    0|0
  • No, only if i dont find the talking scenes interesting or the plot, otherwise i sont mind if its long, but i also can't sit through long movies all in one go because it hurts to sit or lay too long because of my neck and back injury

1|0
    0|0
  • If you think that a movie is too long, you are watching the wrong movie for your taste.

1|0
    0|0
  • only if they suck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. Lord of the Rings series are the best movie in the world. Shame on your movie taste

1|0
    0|0
  • Well lord of the rings is boring. So it depends on the movie

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Oh God NO!

Literally in high school I rewatched the whole Lord of the Rings series over, and over, and over, with and without commentary, all of the extra features and...

... All that dorky shit. I love when a movie engulfs me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only get bored if I don't like the movie. And since I don't like the Lord of the Rings I would get bored, I probably would fall asleep.
    Otherwise, I watch it until the end.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I fall asleep

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah , movies I slept while watching:
    The Marsian
    Any indian movie
    Lord of the rings

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it depends on the movie and if Im in the mood. If its a film I have lost interest in within the first 30 minutes or so I just shut it off lol. Some long movies are great though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the movie.
    I loooove the lord of the rings, so I didn't get bored in that one haha

1|1
    0|0
  • Not, if they're interesting, like LOTR.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. It depends on the film.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes, very.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, why do you think I've never watched LOTR 😴😴

1|0
    0|0
  • I fell asleep during the first one