Agree or Disagree: Had it not been for Nintendo, video games in general would have been completely dead and extinct long ago?

In case you're wondering, before Nintendo released their NES console, the video game industry went through a crash in 1983, which nearly killed the business. Luckily, Nintendo stepped in and made video games awesome again and saved them from going further down the shitter.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• No, video games are too good an idea to go extinct for long. The potential for profit is obvious. The industry would have bounced back eventually. If Nintendo didn't do it, someone else would have. Maybe the industry would have been set back and games today would be less advanced than they are but they wouldn't have been dead and extinct.

• Actually it probably would have due to the video game crash that happened in 1983. The crash almost destroyed the then-booming industry and led to the bankruptcy of several companies producing home computers and video game consoles in the region, including in the USA.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• Disagree. I think we'd be better off if console games were never invented, so that includes Nintendo. Being a PC gamer, I never took console games seriously. Not that I care if people play consoles, but the whole genre bled into PC games and ruined them.

• I think someone else would have revived the video game industry, but it probably would have been much different than it is today.

• Nope

• If not nintendo then someone else

• I feel like it would have been inevitable that there would be video games. They probably wouldn't be as good as they are today though if it weren't for Nintendo though.

• computer horsepower increases would've made game development inevitable.

Plus the market of dorks and losers with nothing constructive to do with their life is big enough that someone would take advantage of it.