Does set up and waiting around count as hours towards paying a DJ?

I know this seems like a bit of a dumb question but for this event I'm helping to plan we would need the DJ to set up at 7, but he wouldn't actually be performing until 9... from 9-11. Would I only count the hours he is performing or do I count from set up until he stops performing?

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should include the time it takes to set up. Because that is still the time you're using for your business. However, there are multiple ways to go about it: you can charge for the set up time and make it a lower fee than the actual playing time, or you can charge the set up fee as a deposit when the client books a date to use your services.

by the way, I know nothing about business, these are just ideas that popped up in my head.

• Odd question. Hmmm. I'd consider that as part of his time to be paid.

Although, I'd only do it while he actually *sets up*. Don't pay him for standing around.

What Guys Said 0