Most of what I talk about these days is heavy metal and industrial music, what kind of person am I?

Nowadays, I am OBSESSED with heavy metal and industrial music. And I only like certain metal like thrash, death, industrial, and black metal. Industrial metal is my favorite flavor of metal, like Fear Factory, Static-X, KMFDM, Ministry, Godflesh, and Genitorturers. I also like thrash like Overkill, Exodus, Death Angel, and Testament. Death metal like Morbid Angel, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, and Suffocation. And black metal like Behemoth, Kult ov Azazel, Belphegor, and Marduk.

And besides metal, I'm also into electro-industrial music as in harsh electronic dance music. Examples include Aesthetic Perfection, Grendel, Leaether Strip, and God Module.

I cannot help but talk all about metal and industrial music. I talk about band lineups and albums and things like that. I am OBSESSED with metal and industrial.

Why am I like this? Why can't I stop talking about the music?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well a lot of the bands you named are awesome so that makes you a dude with pretty cool music taste. Fear factory is awesome, testament is awesome. Not a fan of death or black metal myself, but I respect the music of it, can't get into the vocals. Gotta recommend old Metallica and kreator. Old slayer, exhorder was pretty good. You might like devildriver, they're more groove metal like pantera was..

• Well, no, I don't really like DevilDriver, but I like Dez Fafara's other project, Coal Chamber. I don't know how many GaGers here like metal, but I sure do.

I also like dance music, but only if it's harsh and not that mainstream EDM garbage. As in electro-industrial. I love to dance, but I do it aggressively as in a lot of arm flapping, stomping, and robotic movements.

• Coal chamber was great and the archetype lineup of fear factory is definitely my favorite. What about the band death? I haven't been exploring newer metal lately because it's mostly screamo nonsense. I'm kind of stuck in 80s thrash mostly heh. Lamb of God has some good stuff too

• Not much into Death. But I love Soulfly, especially the "Dark Ages" lineup of Max Cavalera on lead vocals and rhythm guitar, Marc Rizzo on lead guitar, Joe Nunez on drums, and Bobby Burns on bass.

Also, I'm into Static-X's "Cult of Static" lineup, consisting of Wayne Static on lead vocals and rhythm guitar, Tony Campos on bass, Koichi Fukuda on lead guitar, and Nick Oshiro on drums.

But fuck Metallica. They're a bunch of sellouts and there's a rumor that Kanye West might be a guest on their new album.

What Girls Said 1

• I certainly don't rock as hard as you do, but when I listen to metal, I feel like it releases stress and gives me an adrenaline boost... unless I'm pissed, then it makes me a bit more aggressive, lol.

• Yeah, I don't like how metal's become more softer and more melodic these days and put into weird combinations like Babymetal did.

I just prefer mine aggressive.

What Guys Said 4

• You're just going through a heavy metal and industrial music phase. Even though you will always like this kind of music, the obsession may pass with the time.

• I've listened to metal since I was in 6th grade and industrial since I was 21.

• Yeah, this happens when you're going though these phases, your obsession is in your mind all the time continuously.

• I'm not just in a phase, all I love is metal and industrial music. I've already bought six tickets for this year.

• Hey then maybe you are the type of person who can help me out.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53HDr0-Qew
      Although this is comedy, I'm looking for music similar to this (not comedy lol). Can you suggest anything? Something with similar tunes and rythms. I have no idea where to search.

• This isn't exactly my taste of death metal, but I'd say that the Black Dahlia Murder would be something right up your alley.

• You're someone who cares about something

• emo i think

• I'm not emo, I hate that stuff. Emo is something like My Chemical Romance or Paramore. Not what I listen to, we're all about aggression, not whiny shit.