Does anyone else find it difficult to watch tv series that you use to watch with ex-partners?

Most Helpful Guy

• a little at first but then you have to learn to disconnect that person from those things, because its not those things that are really upsetting you, its the memories of that person. sometimes it can be difficult to do this, other times it isn't. I've been able to move on though and watch stuff I watched with Ex's no problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• The first three seasons of GoT we watched together cuddling, and commenting and talking long after the episode about scenes... Basically making its critique. Then we broke up and I find it really hard to watch the season 4 for four weeks, and i forced myself to go watch all four together with fifth episode in a marathon. First episode o was gonna cry and then second third fourth fifth i just noticed it is really not the end of the world and i can survive being without him.. Bur I can tell i no longer watch TBBT and Family Guy and The Walking Dead because of him and my fading interest in them.

What Guys Said 12

• no not really.

• No not at all.

• Yes I do. I was gonna watch the new orange the new black with my ex but then things ended. Sucks it reminds me of her now

• So long as I have someone else to watch it with, no.

• No, you used to breathe with your ex, do you find that difficult to do as well? Don't let the past hold you back.

• I'm not very nostalgic but yeah I think what you're feeling is very common.

• I do not.

• Never thought about it
    But it would be hard to concentrate on the series
    Because of the memories

• A little bit.

• Nope. F*** them.

• I did once, because she got me into the show. In the end, I kept watching and I'm glad I did

• Nope. i watch the show for the show

What Girls Said 8

• Ugh! Yes it does get difficult for me. I'm not sure why. I guess it makes me sad and miss them or just reminds me of them and that makes me sad. It sucks. I have a few shows that I have had to take a break from watching because it's just too soon for me.

Luckily the feeling passes over time.

• Music for me, Songs we would Care to Share, @klee_x That is very hard to do.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Yea a little bit of sadness and nostalgia, but I'll still do it.

• Yeah it hurts. Any song too.

Don't even get me started on batman.
    Worst thing is that he's everywhere

• Not really no. I can separate the 2 feelings

• No not at all.

• yes, you are normal!

• Nope , it was in past