Does anyone else think Pokemon go is stupid?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes! I'm so sick of seeing these mindless, clueless kids clogging up the fitness trail in the park I jog in just standing there like idiots with their faces in their phones. And then there are the ones who don't want to get out of their air conditioned cars who just sort of drive by the park really slow (or stop all together holding up traffic) holding their phones up at the window. The park I go to is filled with Pokemon and I hate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Frankly, the idea is very appealing and fun, yet I got bored of it after a few minutes. its just very repetitive. At the end of the day, catching lots of Pokemon doesn't really do much for me. It doesn't give me satisfaction or hype or even good or bad memories. Cool, I caught this and that, I beat a gym, but really? It's only been a few days since it came out, and I'm tired of seeing many teenagers and even adults loitering about outside looking down on their phones. I'm glad it's making a lot of people in my generation even go outside, but they're missing so much and not even appreciating what's around them. Recreational centers aren't even being used as rec centers anymore and I have barely seen any hint of socialization between the Pokémon go players. I know at this point I'm sounding like one of those old women who babble at tweens, "When I was your age..!" sort of thing. To put this shortly, this app is putting a lot of beautiful memories to waste. All I see now are mindless people looking on a portable light screen aimlessly walking around.

What Guys Said 23

• YES. I hate pokemon. I'm ridiculously happy you mentioned it. Although I love gaming, I tried the Pokemon Go game and I was impressed at first... until I realized the rest of world was playing it. I feel like a sheep with the herd of the world mindlessly crazy over one game. So I deleted my account.
    I never really got into pokemon and I could careless about it. However, it would be smart to invest in some pokemon stuff because it might be worth something in the future now because of it.

• I think virtually anything Pokemon is pretty stupid. Even as a gamer, I was getting too old to have grown up with it and I never owned a gameboy.

To each their own, though.

• The way the game blew up was... unprecedented. Absolutely nuts. I don't think I've ever seen something even remotely close to it. That being said, I personally think it's a brilliant concept. Get people out and about in a society that's all about mostly just sitting on our asses. Do we need more incentive to go outside? Some people do, some people don't. You can't deny its bringing people together though. Which is in my eyes a good thing. I don't really see anything stupid in the game. People saying it's not like the originals, of course it isn't, they never advertised that. "Experienced Pokemon in a completely new way!" Is what's been said all along. Now, people who cause traffic jams and crash cars due to it, yeah, they're pretty moronic. BUT SO ARE PEOPLE WHO TEXT AND DRIVE! It's not the game that is stupid at that point, it's the players. So, next time instead of saying "X is stupid!" Maybe elaborate a bit, say something along the lines of "I think this is stupid, here's why: Y" You know? It gives people more information which is rarely if ever a bad thing.

• I grew up in the original generation so I get the nostalgia but it doesn't appeal to me at ALL. The memes are funny though.

• I'm sure people do, but I like it, so F off. I don't know why there are so many people bitching about people going outside and being social.

• I enjoy the game personally like, but I wish it required you to weaken a Pokémon before you are able to catch it like in the original games. I think it is a creative way to get people off their asses, and clearly it has worked. The only people who think it's stupid are people who haven't played it.

• Well, I never understood the fad 20 years ago and I certainly don't now. :P

• The itself is not, a lot of people playing it are though. When you see the accidents linked to this game, you just lose faith in humanity...

• Wifey loves it.
    I got started with computers 20 years ago playing video games. Now I run an entire network - when I'm done working the last thing I want to do is 'play' on a computer.
    I just can't be bothered. Forums I like, lots of those, but computer games not at all.

• Given the immense demand for it? No, it's very much not stupid. A stupid decision would be to not make one when you can and have the IP. As for the game itself... what does that even mean? Design wise, I heard no complaints, except that it's easy to break it.

• Hahahaha well I haven't played it yet!!! Lol

• Pokemon anything, is stupid.

• Only the insecurely egotistical or the obsessive-compulsive feel the need to collect things.

• Don't understand it either, and it 68 I doubt that I will

• Yes, I do

• That game is stupid

• Oh god here we go again...

Why the hell do people hate on video games...

They aren't going anywhere similar to sex, drugs, rocknroll, and media..

If that's what people wanna do its inevitable and there's nothing you can do about it other than to stir up drama and controversy over it..

• I've thought that from day 1

• no, i dont

• you probably won't read this cause its too long.. This guy was playing pokemon go on a high way got out and tried to catch pikachu and caused an accident and gave 0 f*cks about it, I dont have pokemon go but stupid people will do stupid things with it and yes i think its stupid, not a pokemon fan but people who are overly obsessed with pokemon go will get run over by a car trying to catch squirtel in the middle of the road

• I agree with you. I can't believe how much it's taking over my town. The mall is full of people farming for Pokemon, huddling around the pokestops, which basically means in the middle of the walkway. I go to the supermarket for groceries like a normal person and there's cars lined up along the curb making it hard to drive by, everybody on their phone. I don't know how businesses are going to cope with people sitting outside their door because it happens to be a gym. This is ridiculous.

• That is called an idiot. I'm not sure how you can blame Pokemon go for that

• From what I have heard about pokemon go, it seems like a lot of work. It seems that the player is a slave to this game.

• maybe

• I don't even know what pokemon is

• Eh it is fine. I'm more hyped about the obviously have-to-be-planned VR pokemon game.

What Girls Said 14

• Oh, the idea is definitely kinda stupid. Still super excited for it, like a child, but yeah, the idea is kinda stupid and what I've seen of the graphics for it aren't exactly amazing.

• Lol, I'm pretty sure millions of dollars disagree with you

• @Nothanks700 Not really? Most people are saying what I'm saying. It's a cute and addictive game from an extremely popular company, based on something many users grew up playing which is why they're earning a lot. That doesn't change the fact that the idea of walking with your phone and simply swiping the screen when you come across a pokemon is a pretty stupid idea. It also doesn't change the fact that the graphics aren't particularly amazing, they're just the sprites awkwardly superimposed into your living room or whatever and sometimes they glitch out or move too slowly. I absolutely adore the game but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have bad things about it :P

• My point was that no idea that makes millions of dollars in the span of weeks is a stupid idea.

• It's not stupid, but the level of obsession some people have towards it is absolutely asinine.

• Hell yes. I'm a 29 year old female. And I like gaming. I have an addiction to Game of war, too. Lol. Which is the only mobile game I've ever really got into. A friend suggested I play Pinemon go. It took me all of twenty minutes to delete the game. I never Luke the show. And the game is plain ole stupid. If people need a game as ammunition to go for a walk, that's really pathetic.

• It's an interesting concept and makes you rethink how we can play games. Though it's not as good as the actual pokemon games.

• No. It's a lot of fun.

• Yes.. I think it is ridiculous. A friend of mine is a fireman. He said he walked out and about 7 cars were blocking the fire truck. He couldnt get them to leave... till he threatened to call the police.

• I'm not a fan but idc, it doesn't affect me.

• I think it's GREAT. My little brother never went out before becouse he was too tied up to his xbox. Now he goes out wayy more and keeps me company when I play too. It's never boring when you go play it with more people and try to have fun. That the whole world is playing is is only temporary I think. And even so, why does it bother so many people that 'everyone' is playing it. (Not everyone is playing...)

• I don't think it's the best game out there fun wise. As for promoting people to get out and walk (exercise), it's great though. At least for people like me that need motivation and/or a destination to go for a walk.

• It's an amazing idea :) I love it!

• maybe it is, but it gives me incentive to exercise so too bad.

• It's pointless

• Yeah I tried it out and thought it was really boring and a dumb concept.

• I think it's awesome
    <3