New Ghostbusters movie! Yikes I have mixed Feelings about it. What do you think?

Ok first off it's not the four main women protagonists. I don't care about that, just to be clear. What I think it's that it's a classic that it should have just kept in the 80s and not remake it, don't care who's in it. Just don't do it.

I had a conversation with some young people about this movie and they brought a point, it's rebooted for this generation and I understand. There's so many movies that can be remade but I don't know about this one. What do you think? Young ones in your early twenties what do you think of the original GB one and two? Do you think you'll enjoy this new movie better than the 80s ones?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I hate remakes. Hollywood has no original ideas so they remake everything. As for this Ghostbusters remake I will skip it. I can't stand Melissa McCarthy, the fact that she has any career in Hollywood blows my mind. She isn't funny at all. I had no problem with them wanting to do an all girl group but putting two girls from Bridesmaids (which wasn't even great) in it? They should have done a sequel years ago with a much better cast and the old cast together.

• I never seen bridesmaids but yeah I agree on your view. I I don't find Melissa McCarthy funny either.

Most Helpful Guy

• All I know is that I don't feel the same way about it compared to the original two films when I saw the trailer and the tv spots. Probably will watch it on Netflix much much later at some point when and if I ever get to it, or I may not watch it ever at all.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm a huge ghostbusters fan. My problem with this is it's like 'This is for girls!!!' And 'look we remade this for girls' like they're basically saying the old ones aren't for me and I can't enjoy them :/ I'm 26 and I love them, I wasn't around in the 80s.

• Had this discussion with my boyfriend the other day.
    he recons it could be made well as we have better cgi for the ghosts now. And they're including the original ghosts. Which is a fair point as realistically it's only really the women who changed although I have an issue with that as even in the trailer the woman's kicking the gun, as if that's sexy...
    but then remakes never compare to the original

• Personally, I think their are too many remake's of certain films. The originals were always the best.

• I didn't really care for the first two either... There were two, right? o. O

Anyways, with this new cast - it might be worth to take a look... At least I might get some chuckles...

• Yeah they were two haha.. the first ones a classic the second was good.. at least better than another follow up to another classic Anchorman..

Yeah it seems like it'll be a hip movie with this new SNL cast and Melissa McCarthy

• I'm not enthusiastic about a reboot to a popular classic. They should've left it alone. It looks like ridiculous cheap comedy.

• It's not the original

• not interested.

• I didn't see the original and I don't plan on seeing the new one

What Guys Said 17

• I honestly didn't care about this movie at all and I didn't care about the original either. But then when the people who didn't like the trailers were called sexist etc. It kinda pissed me off. Why couldn't you just make your own franchise with a all female cast? Nobody was stopping you from doing that but you had to use Ghostbusters and then when people were upset you had to rub it in their faces and take a picture with a huge girl power banner etc.

Like I said I don't care about the original but I can totally understand why a fan of the old movie would be upset. The trailers looked pretty terrible and I don't think any of the comedians are good. They usually come across as really lame and childish not like professional comedians. Although I don't like most comedy movies and actors I prefer other genres.
    I wouldn't have cared about this movie but because of the disrespectful and self centered way they handled the fan reaction and also the abuse of a old property I hope it fails.

• Remakes especially of classics often raise these kind of feelings - I think the return is pretty low, I think the general consensus is that where the remake is better than original is running really low around the 10% mark I would say (rough guess)

• I always wanted to see a third Ghostbusters, but to be honest the fact that all four of them are females is a turn off for me, yeah. It puts it in your face that we're so desperate to be inclusive with women in movies and stuff these days to the point of doing a three-sixty way too sharply. And, yes, I'd feel the same way if they were all black guys instead (and I'm black). So no, I don't want to see it.

• It's horribly bad and going to suck!!!

• I am curious to see how this one goes. I love the original but the more I watch trailers for the new one the more intrigued I am. but I am a little annoyed that they went with only women, they are just trying to make it political. why not have both men and women on the team, as equals. is that to much to ask?

• This film is two things I hate - remakes of loved films (they are never better) and a cast chosen to be "progressive". I don't like casts who are picked just because they are X (in this case women) unless it actually fits with the story (all women's jail etc...). In this case the directer picked them just to show off an "all female cast". I dislike films that use this as a selling point.

To be honest I wouldn't have gone to see it either way so my opinion matters little here.

• It's the for main female protagonists for me. It doesn't work. Four dirty scruffy guys who look like total losers is what makes the idea good!

It's literally about nobodies becoming heroes not model actresses getting a role with a fast black bitch as an extra. She doesn't even look like she belongs there.

• The originals (especially the first) were classics and should have been left alone.

• It looks fucking terrible. But in fairness to them, 90% of movies look terrible to me. Lets correct that, 90% of movies look not good enough to pay $8 for when I can see it for free in about 3 months

• Interesting.

• Yeah, I'll wait for the Redbox Blu-Ray rental. One would hope Bill Murray will make a Cameo appearance.

• Yeah I'll make a good movie for Friday night yeah.

• There are very few movies I'm willing to pay $9-10 to see when i can just wait 4 months and see for $1.59 from Redbox.

• That's right! I have a 50 inch tv anyway.. I save the theater for movies that are grand

• Not EVEN interested by the crap they're going to put on screen.. The whole freaking point of this new movie is to bring out 40 year old housewives to buy tickets and try and prove that America sure as hell isn't sexist anymore... Dumb

• Trash

• nothing, it looks like a bad concept for a movie.

• There are certain remakes I refuse to watch, and ghostbusters is one of them

• i'm sick of reboots so i hate it by default.

• inb4 "FUKIN' FEMINISTS MAN, FEMINISM SUX, THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!"