What country do you think has the most fun folk music?

I say definitley Irish XD

Most Helpful Guy

• I like Irish and other Celtic music too, but I also like East Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean), as well as Russian and Bulgarian.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes we do have fun folk music.

• Yeah, my Grandpa's from Ireland and he loved to sing them. I want to learn Gaelic to and sing in it because it's sooooo beautiful it puts the romance languages to shame. And my name (Raneem) means sweet singing voice :)

• Yeah you should check TGlurgan on YouTube it's a school in Dublin and they transfer all up to date songs into Irish , they're really good.

What Guys Said 7

• You will find in most folk music there will be fun possibly drinking songs, romantic stuff and sometimes the serious sad stuff. I do probably relate most to the Irish stuff because I grew up with it and as someone mentioned the modern folk rock, I like that as well but that said sometimes when I am relaxing I like to listen to YouTube mixes of folk music from other countries.
    One of my favourite bands is The Waterboys whose music swung from rock to folk though I prefer early rock stuff, some of their folk stuff is good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4UQJwd3awQ

• Okay, The fact that you mention the Drunken Sailor song shows that it is not a country at all.
    The Drunken Sailor is a Sea Shanty,
    Like many others that song is a work song originally sung by sailors,
    I'd go with Sea Shanty's as the most fun
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_shanty
    www.artofmanliness.com/.../

• I never thought about it. Brazil has funny musics depending on the region, but if you don't know portuguese you'll understand nothing and it won't sound much fun.

• I love African music and singing. I have watched many such acts at Womad and Larmer Tree Festivals. I suppose it's a sort of folk music.

• Scotland and trinidad and Tobago

What Girls Said 7