People who prefer modern music (from 2000 and on) what makes you prefer modern music than music from older decades?

I don’t get those people.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure they have their reasons, just like we do for loving older music. Personally, I love 80s music because it's exciting, classy, intimate and romantic. I mean, remember the sax? And how every song had a guitar solo? Remember AOR? Music from back then connects with me emotionally in a way that modern music never could. I think that people who like modern music may like it because

1. It connects with them in some way

2. They like dancing to it

3. They like the style

• I love AOR as much as you do. You know who I am I guess haha.

• My username here is "Defecation", although I choose to post anonymously. I cannot explain the reasons but there are many actually.

By the way you got it right.. I have similar body frame with Steve, as he used to be in the Escape and Frontiers days, haha.

• Thanks for the most helpful, Steve!

What Girls Said 2

• I don't prefer any kind of music but I would assume it would be for the same reasons you prefer whatever it is that you do.

• It sounds more... intimate to me. It might sound weird coming from a guy who was born in 1991, but the 80s sound, sounds more intimate to me than modern sound.

• I agree. I don't like a lot of modern songs, I just like whatever sounds nice but I'm sure whatever you're experiencing with your preference theirs would be similar.

• Dude the 2000s- 2005 was a good year for music too. 2008-2016 is when music went downhill though..

• Actually the downhill started in the early 90s when Grunge kids came.

What Guys Said 6

• Well it's weird because my nostalgia says this was great (1999) and I still think their keyboard melody / pad usage is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6HBbyJR34

But the "best music" I keep track of up to this date is Pendulum - Immersion album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6tpOgm1HE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5f966vztPk

And that was 2010

• EDM is much better now than in the last century. There's more variety and there's more quality.
    Sure, most don't have great lyrics, or lyrics at all, but it's the music itself that transmits emotions.

Though when it comes to Rap, I prefer the 90's.

• Because
    1- it's not dated
    2- I'm not a fan of hard rock and shit like that
    3- better bass
    4- I like house and trap
    5- it sounds good to my ears

• OK about anything else, but "not dated"?

And older music wasn't only Hard Rock, but yeah the fact that Hard Rock as a genre is dead is true. All modern Rock bands are pussies.

• You use this cookie phrase very often, so I was sure you would say it after my post.

And it means what it means I guess.

• I appreciate music from all decades, but I definitly prefer modern music, expecially music released recently. For me, its becuase the production quality is so much better, and the musicianship in most modern metal is absolutely astounding.

• Everything now is Spick and White bro EDM music for bros to roofie girls and rape them LOL

• for me, music is about progression. thats why im 49 but into grime