Do you think professional atheletes are stupid or just as smart as the average person?

I mean a lot of people like to think that atheletes are stupid, but I think they are just average you know, they are just as smart as the average person.

1|0
4|18

Most Helpful Girl

• I think their smart & no different then the average person other than that they have tons of money, talent, & fame. I mean athletes have to be business men with all their deals, endorsements, commercials, clothing line, & etc. Yes they have people helping them but to some degree they have a say in their business choices. Also, you even hear about some athletes going after their basketball career to get degrees, like PhD. :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i experience professional "athletes" to be quite intelligent, cause they mostly have strong dedication and discipline for lots of things in live.

not speaking for those mainstream sports celebs like soccer players or football or whatever. those are often dumb as shit, as they have no other goals in life than their sport. the intelligent athletes i meant are mostly olympic athletes, who donĀ“t do it for the fame.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• i dont see any reason why they would be stupid. they're normal people.

0|0
    0|0
  • As smart. How would being an athlete affect their intelligence?

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually on the stupid side...

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• There's no correlation. There's very dumb athletes, as well as very smart ones.

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends. Some people get into a sport because they know they're not smart and it's all they can do, but some sporty people do it as a hobby and it grows into something larger. Also being an athlete takes lots of time. So really if we're talking athletes, I'd say maybe there is some correlation between lower intelligence and being an athlete, but if there is it would be really small.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on which sport, there are some sports where the average athlete is dumber or smarter than the other.
    But just cause they are a Pro Athlete it doesn't mean they are dumber than the average person.
    Eg. Many basketball players have finished their studies but decided to go to the NBA anyways. Not because they had to, but because they wanted to cause they love the sport😜
    hope this helped👌🏼

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no correlation. Some are extremely stupid (Greg hardy) and some extremely smart (pau gasol almost going to med school).

0|0
    0|0
  • The sporty kids were all pretty clever in my secondary school. All that meant was that they were superior to me in literally every aspect.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are smarter than an average person.
    You have to be at least a little smart to be successful in anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • That ain't always true lol, you could be an idoit, but be really good at one thing, like say if you were really slow in academics but you could sing really well lol so I think a lot of them are average and some maybe above average some maybe below

• Some are smart, some aren't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Smarter usually.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say a good number of them are dumbasses. Not all of them, but most of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why being an athlete should make you smarter or less smart than any other person?

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost always on the intelligent side.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are pretty dumb.

0|0
    2|0
  • some are

0|0
    0|0
  • Just as smart or smarter.

0|0
    0|0
  • On average they are dumb as rocks

0|0
    0|0
  • In some cases, athletes have to be smarter than average, for certain things. An average person may not be able to memorize all the plays or determine on the spot changes through rapid critical thinking. It's just like anyone else in a career field, the best ones are smarter than average ones because they're able to rapidly think and make changes best for the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a decent portion trend below, but I think a lot are average and some above too.

0|0
    0|0