Why do people hate my main character?

Im writing my first ever book on the app/website Wattpad. The book is about an interracial couple who both have dealt with similar and different traumatising pasts that now affect their future and who they are. People are really enjoying my book. But some people absolutely HATE my main female character. I kind of get where they are coming from, she is confused and indecisive but at the same time jealous about a guy she was never really in an official relationship with. I have my reasons for her being this way but still. Im more than half way through the story and people hate my main character. I can't help feeling like a failure. HELP!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well actually when people hate things it means you got good views and you actually right something good

I mean relgious book not everyone agrees on them doesn't mean they are bad also science books etc.
    Don't chabge your character's personality

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't change her. If you piss some people off, you're doing something right. You can't make a character too perfect. We want characters to be real and real people make mistakes. If you know what you're doing, continue. JK Rowling had her reasons for making Professor Snape the way he was.

What Guys Said 4

• How could I know without reading your book. Maybe you should listen to the critisizms of her and think of what made people think that way.

• Make her the hero, somehow.

Also is this really the best thing u have to write about lmao

• They hate your work
    Until you get paid
    Well I'd like to hear the half story you've written... tell me in short
    Maybe I can give you an idea
    I also write though

• Well then change her personality

What Girls Said 0