Which movie A. I. (artificially intelligent) creature/robot would you most want to be?

• HAL 9000 in 2001: A Space Odyssey
    0%(0)12%(2)Vote20%(2)
  • Edward in Edward Scissorhands
    29%(2)12%(2)Vote0%(0)
  • Agent Smith in The Matrix
    14%(1)24%(4)Vote30%(3)
  • Ava in Ex Machina
    14%(1)18%(3)Vote20%(2)
  • T-800 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    29%(2)24%(4)Vote20%(2)
  • Gigalo Joe in Artificial Intelligence
    0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
  • Ash in Alien
    14%(1)10%(2)Vote10%(1)

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted Terminator just because Bishop from Aliens wasn't on the list.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• 0|0
    • There are literally sooooooooo many good ones, but alas, I am limited by GaG for space.

• You should have included the term "Cyborg" or "Cybernetic Organism" in the question. That would have given even more varieties as Androids, Mechas, Robots are more or less the same but Cyborgs are hybrid and combination of Bio organic parts and Machines.

One perfect example of a cyborg is RoboCop. The Terminator when it is with the living tissue skin covering on, it can be considered a cyborg.

But it's a Mechanical Cyborg rather than a Biological Cyborg because the skin, tissue, and biological parts are not required for it to remain operational and functional, and technically an android within a skin and flesh cover.

If you had included video games then there's even more varieties.

There's also Cyrax, Sektor and Smoke from the Mortal Kombat games and franchise. But they're actually Cyborgs and not merely just robots.

There was a movie version of Cyrax and Smoke in that awful Mortal Kombat Annihilation movie.

• It doesn't matter what I included, someone was going to get mad b/c their favorite wasn't on, and 6 options for categories would never be enough because of the whole spectrum of A. I. everythings. I Know they're all awesome, but I probably should have done a take rather than a question for that purpose.

• An android from the pathfinder tabletop game one with the Anomaly Trait
    jonbrazer.files.wordpress.com/.../android-mage.jpg
    All Androids in Pathfinder have souls like every other playable race but with the anomaly trait
    Anomaly: Sometimes, a particularly volatile soul can overwhelm the technology of an android body, making the resulting individual subject to emotions, and greatly so. Anomalous androids suffer a –2 racial penalty on saving throws against all mind-affecting effects, emotion effects, and fear effects but can gain the benefits of morale bonuses and suffer no penalty on Sense
    So Its teh best option, plus I get magic and revolvers and shit so I could be a android with a soul and emotions who is a gunslinger on a frontier

• Edward scissor hands isn't an AI...

I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

• Actually Edward Scissor hands is very much an A. I. The inventor, or his "father," looked over at one of his assembly line machines in the film which was almost shaped like a human, and using scissor-like tools and decided over time to actually make it into a boy. Over time, he used prosthetic human parts, plastics, and metals to piece him together, and died early in the movie before he could presumably give Edward "real" hands.

• Nope. I don't think the inventor/father was even alive when that scene happened because he died when Edward was "young," if you can call a machine young.

• I forgot because I didn't like that movie.

What Girls Said 1

• Bishop - Aliens.

• "Not bad for a human."

"I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid."

"I prefer the term 'Artificial Person' myself."

"Well, that explains it then. The A2s always were a bit twitchy. That could never happen now with our behavioral inhibitors. It is impossible for me to harm or by omission of action, allow to be harmed, a human being."