I want to get into reading is there any cool books you guys/gals can suggest?

I want to get into reading because I'm illiterate and want to become better and have better vocab also it beats around sleeping and watching movies
I've never really enjoyed reading just because I can't see it like I can see a movie but I did enjoy some books like how to kill a mockingbird and there were others which I had to also read through school
I'm into stories with adventure, fantasy, sex erotics, and thrill
Please don't suggest some 5k page book please

Thank you all for your suggestions I will try and read most of your suggestions bios and if their good will get the books

Most Helpful Girl

• I suggest shorter books with more depth. I have one book in mind that fits all your criteria: Grim by Christine Johnson, I believe. Here's the GoodReads link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16115038-grim

It's a great book, it's got multiple great stories with a little bit of violence, some humor and adventure, and a bit of sexual implications and such. It's also got a ton of fantasy. it's inspired by the Brothers Grimm, and since it's by a lot of different authors, you can pick out which ones you want to read and follow up some of the writer's other works if you like the story they wrote for the book. It's one of my favorites, good luck!!

P. s. I would also recommend getting a goodreads account and using the recommendations on there, they're amazing!

Most Helpful Guy

• Larry Niven's PROTECTOR. He also wrote Ringworld. Both are older science fiction, but great books. You might also consider reading the hobbit.

What Girls Said 12

• the picture of dorian grey is an amazing book that spins off into a surprisingly dark story line

also you might enjoy reading fanfiction. if you haven't heard of it it is basically stories written about other established stories. say you really like the avengers well you could look up a story about your fav characters and find one that suits your tastes (p. s there is some very explicit erotica to be found there). Archive of Our Own is the best cite to use. there are some amazing stories that come in all sorts of lengths.

• Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut is a good book. It's obsurd and hilarious but I can be a little hard to follow at times.

• Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton is a really good Urban Fantasy novel. The main character Anita Blake is a vampire executioner and she can raise zombies from the dead.
    The Arcana Chronicles by Kresley Cole is my favorite YA series it's post-apocalyptic paranormal romance. Warner Bros. TV bought the filming rights for it last year. It's action pact and the world building totally unique. Book Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P1MTIRMj3M
    She also has both a Paranormal Romance and Erotic Romance series for adults.

• Some good shorter alternatives are all the david baldacci books, the sins of my father by robert demeo, and a few nora roberts books.

• The lie tree

It was a great read

• Stranger with my face
    Locked in time
    Both by Lois Duncan

Remember me by Christipher pikes

• Carrie by Stephen King... it's available to read free online if u Google "Carrie read online"

• I love all of Ellen Hopkins Books !!!
    I got hooked when i read cranked freshman year

• my all time favourite is "Memoirs Of A Teenage Amnesiac" by Gabriell Zevin

• I think it'll depend on if you like Young adult books or adult books if my suggestions would help haha. Personally, some of my favorite series are Strange Angles (a lot of supernatural creatures ). Rot and Ruin is another good one (zombies)

• The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire.

• Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1) by J. R. Ward www.goodreads.com/book/show/42899.Dark_Lover

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1) by Jeaniene Frost www.goodreads.com/.../1421990.Halfway_to_the_Grave

Pinch Me (Suncoast Society #6) by Tymber Dalton www.goodreads.com/book/show/18297139-pinch-me

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen #1) by Lisa Renee Jones www.goodreads.com/.../17671483-escaping-reality

What Guys Said 6

• The Hot Zone! Haha I dunno haven't read much lately.

• A Song of Ice and Fire

• Animorphs

• Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. It's a huge book but please don't be put off, It. Is. Amazing.

• I'm a teen fiction reader but if you're interested some great ones I've read recently are Steelheart and Zodiac if you're into the sci fi adventure Percy Jackson type stuff

• Fear and loathing in los vegas