Does anyone else think this new 'Star Trek' TV series might not be so great?

I liked 'Star Trek Beyond' for the most part, but the show has me a lot less thrilled. I think it's pretty much a sure thing that the new series is going to be ANOTHER prequel based on the ugliness of the design of that ship. We already had a prequel. By not having it set after 'Nemesis' it means all those great characters can't really be brought back. That's a pretty bad decision I think. The show is supposed to be about looking forward. Enterprise gave us the origin story (even though we were robbed a bit). Any new series should be set in the future after the 24th century movies/tv shows.

What Girls Said 1

• My dad loves it , I made a few comments and he asked me to leave the room lol

What Guys Said 1

• yeah I've seen the new ship and it looks so stupid, looks like NASA garbage, they need a new design asap they should use my drawings of ships i made it would at least be better than all other ships i've seen even the enterprise in the new movies i didn't really like, uss voyager and enterprise E was the best of the star trek ships, and enterprise nx-1 from the enterprise series was also a decent practical design that was eye pleasing, wish i worked for television and movies

• I can't believe people would agree this is a good idea, especially former writers for great ST shows.

• i know right they already did the past stuff with Enterprise at least have something dealing with enterprise B or C but we already know what happens to enterprise C but not B some say its crew was killed by a alien plague disease and the ship blew up, but who knows, and with the new alternate timeline in the new films they should have a series that overlaps that, similar to the new terminator film.