“Rock music died, when bands stopped having big hair and using synthesizers”. Do you agree with this quote?

When the Grunge gang came they destroyed everything.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha No.
    Synthesizers are the worst thing that happened to rock music... it didn't even sound like rock anymore, but overprocessed pop...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think anything died; trends get replaced and Grunge is one of the best genres for me personally.

• You like, mediocre guitar riffs (by using tuned down guitars) and depressed lyrics?

• Listen to whatever you want. Still I consider Grunge inferior.

• Because you're illiterate. So be it.

What Guys Said 5

• Sounds like a quote of desperation and malcontent from a vain egomaniac looking to create buzz for his ancient genre of music.

• Ancient? Only three decades ago. It's not African Drums.

• Do you call this shitty Alternative Rock of today "progress"?

• Look up the definition of progress when applied as a verb.

• Nope. If that were the case bands like Foo Figthers (although not my kinda rock) would be so successful

• Rock music can't die
    Noone like pink floyd, scorpions
    There is still dream theater on the stage

• Rock music is alive and well and so obviously not

• If we consider current "Rock" bands as Rock music... then it's dead since decades.

• Lol so rather than speaking of the rock genre, you're speaking of sub genre as though it's all that exists. Cock rock is dead, yes. Thank god. But rock music as a whole is alive and well. Personally I listen to bands that have been around a while, still making music. Mostly within the metal genre.

• I'd say it was mortally wounded when bands started having big hair and using synthesizers, and bled-out shortly thereafter.