Do you think the DC Superheroine, Wonder Woman is slowly being ruined by new writers?

Back in the old days long before her crappy New 52 comic books, Wonder Woman used to be a very lovable heroine who fought for peace, unity and love along with her Amazon warriors. I was a huge fan of her older version and her older comic books. Now, the more modern Wonder Woman (Her New 52 version) suddenly turned into some man-hating, in-your-face feminist by crappy writers. I hate to be one of those men on the internet who bitch and moan about misandry and double standards but sadly, Woman Woman being ruined by such things is the case here.

Even Comicvine forums had a discussion about this issue, not that they're credible website but some of the users on the forums have strong knowledge about the majority of Comic Superheroes. What are your thoughts.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/wonder-woman/4005-2048/forums/the-problem-with-wonder-woman-1711106/

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I didn't like her New 52 version. No one did. Her character was just terrible. In fact, Amazons were even portrayed as women who have a hatred for men and kill them just for the sake of it.

That's one of the reason I'm glad Rebirth happened.

• From what I've heard, the main reason why the New 52 writers even thought it was a good idea to turn her and her Amazons into a bunch of man-haters is because of their ignorance regarding the real life history of Amazons during the Ancient Greek Mythology era since some of the so-called historians and paranoid Greek men (during those ancient eras) often portrayed a bunch of Amazon women as a bunch of man-hating c*nts who'd stoop as low as mutilating infant boys and cutting off one of their breast for better arrow shooting accuracy. I'm guessing that's where these New 52 writers got these horrible ideas from to give Wonder Woman and her island these very dislikable personal traits.

• Well I guess that makes sense. It's no secret that comic book characters aren't meant to be perfect, but sometimes they just take it too far. I also think they shouldn't have made Hercules the villain, but I don't think they care as long as it sells.

What Girls Said 2

• Not just her. They made Thor a woman. Everything is going to hell

• Yes, she is being ruined because of some fat and ugly femi-nazi women propaganda.

What Guys Said 13

• Duh, the new writers have ruined almost every superhero or superheroine... that's a fact, and it has nothing to do with feminism, but with human stupidity.

• Yeah, I wasn't necessarily trying to say that it's feminism (at least as a whole) that ruined them. It's like you said, just dumb writers without any decent ideas and for Wonder Woman, these untalented writers for The New 52 comics thought it was a good idea to turn her and her Amazon Warriors into a bunch of outright man-haters who wouldn't hesistate to kill average men off their island.

• Exactly, the world of good old comic books is falling apart :(

• Nah she looks good in the porno parody outfit with the sexy red costume. seriously she looks like a clown in the modern scenes with her stupid waving of that sword as if it's a wand you use a sword to strike not cast something AND THE GREATEST TURN OFF IS I SEE TOO MANY OF SUPERMANS GRAPHICS FOR THE WRONG PERSON AND THE WRONG FIGHTING STYLE THAT SURELY LOOKED LIKE IT WAS HER WHO FLIES AWAY WHEN SHE PUNCHES SOMETHING. AND A SWORD A SHIELD AGAINST A TANK AND MODERN WARFARE OF COURSE YOUD BECOME A LAUGHING STOCK. TO ME DIANA'S BETTER OF DOING PORN THAN WONDER WOMAN AT THIS RATE ALTLEAST SHE COULD GET MORE VIEWERS AND WE COULD WATCH HER TIGHT LITTLE RED COSTUME.

• New52 was a good idea, but the results are plain bad. So are the current DC movies.

Wonder Woman was before already not the greatest in terms of having good story-writing for her, but now its abyssmal.

• There is some truth in this, indeed.

• dude i never really liked wonder woman until i saw her in the batman vs superman movie ( well the actress really ) god i wonder what she looks like nake ( clears throat ) but no wonder woman is still the power house she's always been if anything they just make her look better

• The only good thing that happened in the New 52 was the Nightwing story arc.

Guy got a badass looking suit, and practically became James Bond

• all DC and Marvel have been written and rewritten a billion times, ofcourse they're ruined and live in a land of clusterfuck multi-canon nonsense, but that happened a long time ago.

• I've read a few of the newer comics and she seems to be a strong woman. There's always going to be people who are super feminist about it, but us men do dominate the super hero world and I think the women need a few hero's for them too.

Not trying to cause waves. Just saying.

• its terrible how politics is even infiltrating comic books.

• I really don't care...

• You can just say super hero and mean both males and females.
    Lets not make out language like Spanish please.

• Never read the comics, but I watched a justice league animated movie which was the new 52 origin adaptation, and she was a freaking moron. Horrible writing for her in that, I can only assume they pulled from the comics of the new 52. If she's written in the comics anything like that then yeah, that's not the Wonder Woman I always heard about

• A lot of heroes nowadays are being slowly ruined because of politics and political correctness. People demand that heroes like Captain America and Spider-Man should become gay, while classic male heroes are being replaced be females like Iron Man, Thor and Wolverine. I have no issues with LGBT characters or female superheroes and I support equality, but changing classic established characters due to political demands is destroying comic books, especially when political issues are directing the stories. Wonder Woman now has become a vehicle to promote feminist beliefs, changing the character to become a feminist instead of the beacon of hope Wonder Woman once was, making her into a killing warrior instead of a peaceful kind heroine. While I'm here I'll also talk about how Super Heroines and female comic book characters in general are now being over sexualized nowadays by the artists and producers as a way to sell comics to the public to make up for bad writing, which I think portrays women in comics as objects related to sex. Wonder Woman is also a victim of this, as well as others. Sadly, superhero comic books aren't about good stories and good characters anymore, it's all about politics.