Why do Indians think Bollywood is popular all around the world?

Some of them ask here about Bollywood and think foreigners watch bollywood movies. Noone watches Bollywood shits in west lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Same reason why Americans assume everyone understands their cultural jokes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bollywood film are funny, because they make no sense.

What Guys Said 9

• I know Bollywood movies are not great... I don't care if Western people watch them or not... But I definitely watch Hollywood movies all the time because they are awesome...

• I fully agree with you. Never even understood how they themselves can like that crap. I'm not saying hollywood is good in and of itself but c'mon...

• Because they host a demographic that is nearly triple our entire population. And thats in thrir country alone, not even accounting for the presence of Indian immigrants in other countries. Ours included, (assuming your American). This question reaks of American exceptionalism. Yes. I'm American. Yes. I love my country and most of our culture. These are just facts. Bollywood is huge, and the music and dancing are phenomenal. in my opinion.

• Well, that's not quit so because Indian immigrants to the West (and there are a lot of them) watch Bollywood movies.

• Best comedy comes from Bollywood action movies, because you have to check out the law of physics in those movies. They are amazing

• I didn't even know they thought that, I've never really heard Indians claiming that Bollywood was the bomb all around the world.

• What kind of Indians are you asking about?
    American Native Indians?
    Any Asian Indian?
    People that live in the Indian Ocean?
    Is there something cultural that I am missing?
    Why would Bollywood be important to anyone not profiting from it?

• For the same reason americans think they are the only country in the world with "freedom" I guess.

Ignorance.

• i dont think they think that. theyre just asking

• If they ask on GAG (international website) , it means they think foreigners watch bollywood

What Girls Said 2

• None? Not an accurate word. If you say less yes. The same reason why people believe in Neil Armstrong and his moon shit :)

• Same for Hollywood shit. .. no one watches that zionist crap.

• Except for like half the world lol.

• Just stating facts lol, United States, more civilized places in the Middle East and Africa and most of Europe as well as Asia vast majority watch Hollywood movies and a lot of Hollywood movies are filmed in those places as well.

• @Phoenix98 most people will watch any trash out there out of boredom but it doesn't mean it's great. Hollywood is full of trashy people who have little to no morals. Hollywood is just zionist brainwashing crap for those with low iqs.