Which country makes the best movies except USA and UK?

• China
  • India
  • Korea
  • France
  • Italy
  • Spain
  • Germany

Most Helpful Girl

• Other than USA and UK movies, the only other country I watch movie wise is India. Plus the Bollywood industry is quite big. This coming from an Australian.

• Which indian movie is your fav?

• @bradlazer no probs! ☺️

• Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 18

• This is a good question, but Japan deserved to be on the poll!

Godzilla is of course a worldwide icon. Kurosawa's films rival the great American and Italian epics from the same era. Japan's best horror movies get copied by Hollywood, and it's traditional animation rivals Disney's greatest efforts. Japan also produced one of my favorite comedic dramas, the 1996 version of "Shall We Dance."

Side note: India actually produces the most movies and sells the most number of tickets each year, but movies from the Anglosphere countries are obviously the most widely distributed and biggest money makers.

• Sorry. If you choose one except Japan, which one?

• I went with China. Hero is my favorite movie from the mainland, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is one of my favorite movies from anywhere in the world, although it's primary production company is usually considered to be Taiwanese.

• China (Kung Fu movies), Australia, Canada, Japan (Godzilla, Ninja movies),
    New Zealand, Korea, Russia (great Slavic fantasy movies).

• I would venture to say that "OTHER THAN" USA, Canada, and UK, no other country makes as many movies as the aforementioned. So that kind of stacks the deck against anyone else. France, Italy, and Spain combined do not make as many movies as the aforementioned.

Impossible to answer because they all have made good movies, some have made more than others due to the sheer number of movies made.

• Japan?

• Hong Kong

• Saying that Vancouver has a big media industry so Canada deserves a mention too

• I suppose the krauts made Downfall, and that's a masterpiece.

• France probably.

• Which french movie is your fav?

• Amelie? I think it is very overrated. You should try the big blue, 13 tzameti, love me if you dare...

• It's a very balanced movie. They were good on different details, that's their thing.
      Thanks for the list.

• Hong Kong, Korea, New Zealand, and Mexico (purely because of Guillermo del Toro)

• Canada!

• Canada

• Where is Canada in this?

• Korea!
    My Way! One of my favourites!

• I love Chinese epic movies. Plus the way they incorporate color and nature is very beautiful.

• Which Chinese movie is your fav?

• HOUSE OF FLYING DAGGERS or BATTLE OF THE WARRIORS.

• India... Bollywood is huge.

• Which indian movie is your fav?

• Yes. I am white. And I am a foreign movie fan, bollywood is my fav.

• Thats pretty cool can you follow me and I'll watch one and tell you how it was.

• China

• Which Chinese movie is your fav?

• Personally I love the Chinese martial arts movies

• I watch a lot of movies from around the world.. USA movies aren't that good overall, they make a lot of movies but plenty of em are mediocre in my opinion.. They just have the budget and promotion power..

Anyway in my opinion.. Japan, China, France, Germany makes good movies.. there's many more.

What Girls Said 8

• Germany and Spain!
    I've seen some great German movies, but also amazing Spanish ones! =)

• Japan obviously, I can't believe it's not on the list. And the UK does not make that great of movies.

• And Belgium. They got nominated a few times the last year

• Canada!

• France/Italy

• Which italian and french movies are your fav?

• India. Bollywood movies are really good.

• Which indian movie is your fav?

• japan

• I like koreans ' acting